Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball season 2019

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Although I didn't have a dog in the fight I thought it was a great World Series - it was the first WS when a visiting team won the first 6 games (when Astros had best home record in regular season). Nationals did a lot of damage with Kendricks go ahead home run and gutsy pitching from Scherzer and Corbin. I'd say Stephen Strasburg as MVP of the series.

Seems the Nationals didn't need Bryce Harper to win 6-2. There are 2 Nats fans where I work who still haven't forgiven him for going to the Phillies.

Anyway, Congrats to the Nationals on their first WS and I look forward to next season and seeing the Mets fail to get to the playoffs again

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Unbelievable. What the Nationals have done this post-season is simply nuts.

Down 3-0 early in the Wild Card game, they come back and beat the best closer in the League.

Then they face the Dodgers who have the best record in the National League; down 2-1 in the series, they win game 4 and then come from 3-0 down early to beat those horrible feckers with 7 unanswered runs.

Then they just go and sweep the Cardinals.

So, on to the World Series, where they face the Astros who had the best record in MLB in 2019. They also had the best home record during the regular season, at 60-21. They have one of the strongest starting rotations in post-season history (Cole, Verlander and Greinke). So what do the Nationals do? They go and win ALL FOUR GAMES in Houston, coming from 2-1 down and 2-0 down in the final two games to win the Series.

All of this from a team that started the regular season 19-31.

Hats off to you, Nats. Simply incredible. In fact, it is Leicester City-esque.

Sidebar: As a D'backs fan, can't help but note that all 3 Nats pitchers tonight are former D'backs. It will probably be lost in all the other stuff, but what a moment for Daniel Hudson who picked up the final 3 outs to give his team the trophy. He had to endure back-to-back Tommy John surgeries whilst with Arizona in 2012 and 2013. I can't imagine how he must be feeling at the moment; absolutely delighted for him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Boom !!!!

What a performance, had some doubts going into the top of the 7th ..... but it’s what the Nats have done all season long.

Some beyond stand out performances on both sides and what a WS.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Congrats Nats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Nats win!!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Avoided the result all day just watched on BT Sport... Did not see that result after the first six innings well deserved but would you have kept Greinke going?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Great game. As a Braves fan it’s a bit hard to accept but as the Nats represent the NL East it was rather satisfying. I told my fellow workers here in Houston it would be the Nats in 7.They laughed. Not this morning:clap:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Padres have done a Cardiff and changed team colours from navy/white to brown/yellow.

Big rebrand but unlike Vincent Tan’s efforts the fans are behind the change.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Padres have done a Cardiff and changed team colours from navy/white to brown/yellow.

Big rebrand but unlike Vincent Tan’s efforts the fans are behind the change.

That was their original colours to be fair ... They've got the wee friar on the sleeve too. The 'gold' with pinstripe uniform is quite something LOL.

It's the most interesting thing that Nike have done with their new jersey sponsorship. Doubt there'll be many more.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
That was their original colours to be fair ... They've got the wee friar on the sleeve too. The 'gold' with pinstripe uniform is quite something LOL.

It's the most interesting thing that Nike have done with their new jersey sponsorship. Doubt there'll be many more.

Indeed

#BrownIsBack

Love the Nike shirts. Looking forward to checking out the San Francisco ones

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow a bin and a bat is now deemed 'technology'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here