NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1181268716056657925[/tweet]

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Those people who "hate" American sports, and baseball in particular are missing out big time.
Yadier Molina. What an utter hero this guy is.
I'm dreading it when he retires.
Two out game tieing RBI in 8th and then walks it off with a sac fly in the 10th.
Wow!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Any Braves fans watching?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Mets fan watching as a neutral. Cardinals winning 13-1 at the top of the 7th. Freeman is clearly injured so why is he playing - but what are the excuses for Donaldson and Markakis. Braves got their 1 run in the 4th.

Braves have been great all season then the Cards step up a gear - playoffs, as Brighton fans know only too well, are never fair!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Cardinals take the series 3-2 and head off to the NLCS. Really over after the first innings when the Cardinals got 10 runs.

Now lets see if the Dodgers or Nationals advance.

Last edited:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Well I was going too when I got in from work but once I saw that first innings score I went and unpacked boxes in my garage instead. That was embarrassing! On top of which I will get some stick tomorrow at work which is now in Houston. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Nats win!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Astros pulled back by the Rays 2-2. My Houston based colleagues getting a tad nervous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any Cards fans watch that?

You got to hit the ball with the stick thing once, so well done for that.

(Nats can't win refusing to pitch anyone from their happen - #HaveFunWhileYouCan)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well if in mid May someone told me that the Nats would be 2 games away from playing in the World Series id have laughed my head off.

But here we are..... huge performance from Max last night and the relievers held out (including a 2 ball cameo from Corbin)

3 game homestand now to grab those 2 wins

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Great pitching on both sides again last night.
Embarrassing hitting from the Redbirds. Again.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Nationals beat the Cardinals 8-1 to go 3-0 in the series. The Cardinals need a miracle to stage a comeback now - they really exceeded expectations when they won the division. Hoping the Astros beat the Evil Empire, then would like to see the Nationals win the WS

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Nationals beat the Cardinals 8-1 to go 3-0 in the series. The Cardinals need a miracle to stage a comeback now - they really exceeded expectations when they won the division. Hoping the Astros beat the Evil Empire, then would like to see the Nationals win the WS

I will say one thing for the Cardinals, they are a worthy opponent and if their offense gets in motion in a positive direction they could come back and have had miracles in the past. Unfortunately for them the Nationals are the team that looks really strong, slightly out performing the Yankees and Astros, and most capable of winning the "World" Series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will say one thing for the Cardinals, they are a worthy opponent and if their offense gets in motion in a positive direction they could come back and have had miracles in the past. Unfortunately for them the Nationals are the team that looks really strong, slightly out performing the Yankees and Astros, and most capable of winning the "World" Series.

The Nats are desperate to sweep tonight.
They've got this far on starting pitching alone, if the Cards had been able to get after one of the starters, this would be a very different looking series.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Nationals make it a clean sweep, beating the Cardinals 7-4 and taking the NLCS series 4-0.

Congratulations to the Nationals on their first ever World Series.

Astros beat Yankees 4-1, and go 2-1 in the series, Hoping for a Nationals Astros final

Nats will be hard to beat if the pitchers maintain this dominance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here