Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball season 2019

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its utterly surreal.

The Twins 15-6 blast against the Texas Rangers on Friday set a new all-time MLB record of 162 home runs before the All-Star break, surpassing the Yankee's record last year. They're currently on pace for 307 homers, which would shatter the all time MLB record of 267. Whether they fall short or not, they are a SPECTACULAR team to watch.

Just the 7-4 win tonight taking them to 56-32. I went to Minneapolis in 2016 and they were SHIT.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Its utterly surreal.

The Twins 15-6 blast against the Texas Rangers on Friday set a new all-time MLB record of 162 home runs before the All-Star break, surpassing the Yankee's record last year. They're currently on pace for 307 homers, which would shatter the all time MLB record of 267. Whether they fall short or not, they are a SPECTACULAR team to watch.

Just the 7-4 win tonight taking them to 56-32. I went to Minneapolis in 2016 and they were SHIT.

The Twins are a big and nice surprise this year. Even though we lost today the Braves have hit 142 homers so far and 90 since May 15th when Austin Riley came up. Looking forward to next months meeting of the two teams. And Acuna hit a lead off homer as well so the Home Run Derby could be entertaining next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its utterly surreal.

At the opposite end of the game I see Scherzer only had 11 strike outs last night and was on the receiving end of 4 hits, no runs, obviously.

He's going to be seriously pissed off with such poor numbers, I pity the next team that face him.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh dear - Red Sox 19 Yankees 3, their worst ever spanking at Fenway Park.

After Tanaka's performance last night the Yankees are going to need to bring in at least one starting pitcher before next weeks trade deadline

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Who'd be a Mets fan - 10-4 up against the Nationals at the bottom of the 9th, then gave up 7 runs to lose 11-10, unbelievable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who'd be a Mets fan - 10-4 up against the Nationals at the bottom of the 9th, then gave up 7 runs to lose 11-10, unbelievable
Having a worse ball pen than the Nats is what's unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shows how good the Nats have done with such a poor bullpen.... Doolittle aside they’ve been shocking yet still looking good for a post season spot.

And they've shipped out Doolittle cos he's shitehouse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're currently live on YouTube, 3 1 down v Mets bottom of 4th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and no adverts on YouTube...

...nooice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Phillies cruising along nicely

#ringthebell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Minnesota Twins made MLB history at the weekend in Detroit, smashing the most home runs of all time in a season, surpassing the hated Yankees record of 267. They're now at 270 homers still counting - AND WITH 24 GAMES STILL TO GO

Absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a man who prides himself as being England's answer to Jonty Rhodes, assuming Jonty never once held a bat.

Nothing, nothing, makes my eyes roll more than the baseball mitt.
Every single over hyped comment of 'what a catch' makes my head shake, eyes roll and nose snort with derision more than a baseballman catching a ball in a dustbin.

Even though everything is wrong about it, I still have to say 'what a 'catch''.

https://www.mlb.com/video/scherzer-snags-comebacker

https://www.mlb.com/video/scherzer-snags-comebacker

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Love it - Yankees just can't get it right - hit 6 home runs and still manage to lose to the weakest team in AL Central - and it won't help them win home field advantage in the playoffs

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Nats woeful bullpen cost them again this weekend.

Bounced back with a good win against Braves yesterday but gonna be tight for the Wildcard spots I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nats woeful bullpen cost them again this weekend.

Bounced back with a good win against Braves yesterday but gonna be tight for the Wildcard spots I think.
I watched game 2 through to the 7th innings.
So imagine my surprise when I saw the final score!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here