Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
She seems to split opinion quite violently but I'm still in the Jury's Out camp. Some really good tunes but also feels a bit too pre-packaged and fake

Do you not believe her music is produced at home with her brother, then?

Either way it's still pretty experimental and lo-fi for a teenage pop artist - a long way from cookie-cut pop which everyone else is doing.

(Different Aurora, btw?)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Either way it's still pretty experimental and lo-fi for a teenage pop artist - a long way from cookie-cut pop which everyone else is doing.

(Different Aurora, btw?)

No I do believe that. I can't explain what I mean. I guess I mean some of the emotions evoked in the songs. I dunno.

I'm an idiot. I'm thinking of Austra. Both Austra and Aurora are great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

(Different Aurora, btw?)

I agree. I find her quite refreshing and a nod to the days when pop could be a bit odd.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
stormzy.jpg

NSC is going to look like this after Stormzy's headline set. :laugh:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For those watching and listening to the BBC coverage there's more details here.
Essentially over 100 sets live on iPlayer (Main Stage, Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel, and Park Stage) and lots of other coverage on BBC 1,2,4 and R2, R1,6M, 1X and Sounds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...C/how-to-watch-and-listen-to-glastonbury-2019

Highlights today (Friday) includes sets from Stormzy, Tame Impala, Idles, Charlatans, Aurora, Pale Waves, Lauryn Hill, Bastille, Fontaines D.C, Sheryl Crow, Jon Hopkins and Cat Power.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trying to figure out what the appeal of Mac DeMarco is. I'm not against him, but so far it's duuuull.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

boik

Also a plug for Aurora (John Peel Stage, tonight, 19.30-20.30).

Proper singer-songwriter talent. A 21st century Björk. Three albums in. Will still be around in 20 years, I'm sure.

(Depressingly for us oldies, she was born on the day England beat Scotland in Euro 1996)

Last time she played she ended her set with this gem. THIS is how it should feel to play Glastonbury.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last time she played she ended her set with this gem. THIS is how it should feel to play Glastonbury.

Indeed!

Read the other day that the Chemical Brothers signed her up for their latest album (three tracks) after seeing this performance.

I've seen her live three times. Always amazing. Proper talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here