Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So currently 79 remain and 29 leave, (on the highly representative of the nation NSC)

No wonder the leavers are so clearly terrified of a 2nd referendum.

It will be interesting the calculated ferocity of the tabloids tomorrow

Hardly surprising when there was a strong remain vote originally in the area hardly representative though is it

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I voted out, but now I'd vote out out.

262fa33d734365b7ace06806e6e36b3d--funny-men-funny-people.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tell me and the rest of this board how Brexit is going to work.

If we leave with No Deal in 17 days time tell me how that is going to work and how the country isn't going to die on its arse. I know how Remain will work,and how business, travel, medicine, policing and stuff will continue. You tell me how Brexit is going to work and take some responsibility for the views you hold and the position you've espoused for the last 3 years.
Keep panicking! Luckily for you, though, if not for the majority (although not a minority in this little NSC world, granted) because the shysters in Parliament seem to have avoided - for the time being at least - doing what they are required to do through the result of a democratic referendum they voted for (in the fatuous belief they'd walk it - which just shows you how in touch they aren't) so perhaps your world isn't going to end just yet.

And for pete's sake stop this f*ck*ng remainer idiocy of screaming out, "You, as a voter, have to give me details of exactly what the future will be if we leave, and take responsibility for the future". Did you ask people who voted in Thatcher/Blair to give detailed reports on what would be done, how it would work (maybe with costings too?) It's pathetic. Many - many, many, many - people (millions in fact) disagree with you. Get over it!

Oh, and by the way, just in case the country does leave with No Deal in 17 days time, this country would not die on its arse. :facepalm:
It is far better, and too strong, for that. Shame some people don't realise that - we are living in a wonderful, resilient country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we're going to wake up to a Theresa May resignation in the morning.

Further prediction - general election, and 21 month extension to A50.
Sadly no resignation I'm afraid. If she had an ounce of credibility then maybe but, this is Theresa May.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but when is the next vote and what will it be on? Whether we will leave with a no deal?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No deal instigated by remainers with their intransigence now more of a possibility.

Apparently so ...

The BBC's Europe Editor Katya Adler says that the view in Brussels is that a no-deal Brexit is now even more likely.

It is a "hardening mood," she says.

She adds that the EU does not want the UK to leave without a deal, but it is not prepared to give further concessions.

"With only 17 days left to 29 March, today's vote has significantly increased the likelihood of a 'no-deal' Brexit. We will continue our no-deal preparations and ensure that we will be ready if such a scenario arises. - Donald Tusk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Leaned Remain in 2016. Have since learnt a lot more about the workings of the EU and am now MUCH more heavily Remain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So currently 79 remain and 29 leave, (on the highly representative of the nation NSC)

No wonder the leavers are so clearly terrified of a 2nd referendum.

It will be interesting the calculated ferocity of the tabloids tomorrow
Everybody (including the remainers) knew that NSC (and Brighton generally) would be gung-ho for remain. It's just an annoying fact (for some) that NSC and Brighton generally aren't a very good barometer for the views of the rest of the country, especially out of the south east.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Voted Remain the first time, would vote Remain the 2nd time.

Literally nothing has happened in the last couple of years that has made me even think about changing my vote.

Voted LEAVE the first time, would vote LEAVE the 2nd time.

Literally nothing has happened in the last couple of years that has made me even think about changing my vote - in fact the antics of the EU have reinforced my view.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone changed their mind?

I am not in favour of one but that’s not the question.

It would depend on the deal to leave that was being offered.
If it was 'no deal', I would vote remain.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Keep panicking! Luckily for you, though, if not for the majority (although not a minority in this little NSC world, granted) because the shysters in Parliament seem to have avoided - for the time being at least - doing what they are required to do through the result of a democratic referendum they voted for (in the fatuous belief they'd walk it - which just shows you how in touch they aren't) so perhaps your world isn't going to end just yet.

And for pete's sake stop this f*ck*ng remainer idiocy of screaming out, "You, as a voter, have to give me details of exactly what the future will be if we leave, and take responsibility for the future". Did you ask people who voted in Thatcher/Blair to give detailed reports on what would be done, how it would work (maybe with costings too?) It's pathetic. Many - many, many, many - people (millions in fact) disagree with you. Get over it!

Oh, and by the way, just in case the country does leave with No Deal in 17 days time, this country would not die on its arse. :facepalm:
It is far better, and too strong, for that. Shame some people don't realise that - we are living in a wonderful, resilient country.
So just one simple question, that not one leaver has ever been able to give me the answer to. Just how will us ordinary members of the public be any better off than when we leave? It's a simple question that anyone who voted leave can surely answer yet not one has been able to come up with a half sensible explanation. There is no way I would vote leave without a pretty good assurance that my life would somehow improve. Leaving seems to me to be like turkeys voting for Christmas but I'm more than happy to hear a reasoned argument based on facts to convince me otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies, I don't see how that moves us forward. Are you saying void the referendum due to the bus and we can all go back to sewing daisies into each others' hair and forget the whole thing?

Sounds like a plan.

Having a Brexit vote to leave is a bit like accidentally seeing your mum naked. Best move on very quickly, have another vote, or even none, and pretend it never happend.

For those who can't get the outcome/vision out of their mind, there is always councelling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If a second Brexit referendum was held how would you vote?
I presume you mean if the questions was the same as before - as in, you can vote leave, but you still have no idea what sort of leave you'll get?

Anyone changed their mind?
Yes, I voted leave, but I'd vote remain. I still want to leave, I don't like the EU, but I have underestimated our government's ability to **** it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here