Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nope, remain

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I would vote a bigger **** off you bunch of foreign *****” I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think a GE is probably the only thing that can break the impasse now, This parliament cannot get any deal over the line, the EU will not negotiate with this shower of shit and who can blame them? Regardless of whether you want a 2nd referendum or not there is no time and even if we had one with this HOC there would be no progress regardless of whether they could agree the questions and the outcome. Even a remain vote would be frustrated by the Brexiteers. A No deal clearly would be as would any deal similar to this one. The EU don't seem to want to allow an extension unless something fundamentally changes and who can blame them.

Only a GE with clear policies from hopefully new political parties will get an extension offer from the EU. A proper majority for one outcome, deliverable and with a clear mandate has any chance of success.

No bloody idea how we get there right now mind. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was a very marginal remainer and could quite easily have voted leave.

Since the referendum I've definitely swung behind the leave option. So I guess you could say I've changed my mind...albeit marginally.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The likelihood of this country ever being offered a binary yes/no referendum again... Nil
The likelihood of this country's political system recovering from this shit fest... Nil

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see how a People's Vote goes, free of Russian interference, buses that lie, Project Fear, posters with queues of Syrians and lies about Turkey. Free of charlatans promising unicorns and rainbows, cake and eat it or an Emergency Budget for a post-Referendum meltdown that was never going to materialise.

If we can put a man in space we should be able to organise a People's Vote in the time an Article 50 extension permits.

No campaigns, just a naked, stripped back 'Remain or Leave' vote.

A few days ago I suggested that a Leave' vote could be followed by a supplementary "May's Deal or No Deal" tick box, but the scale of her defeat tonight leaves that notion in tatters.

I feel a Norway-style Deal will satisfy virtually no one and as a country we'd probably have to Leave with No Deal to then see where that takes us. We'll soon find out that No Deal is completely unpalatable but the country will have learned its lesson and only then will we be ready to move on to an EFTA / EEA membership or even EU readmission.

I say "we" but in reality for me there is no "we" any more. Almost 3 years on and I have yet to have heard or read ANY cogent argument about how Brexit can work and make the UK a richer, better, more united place than we had in 2016. If any Brexiteer can come on here and outline exactly how leaving the EU is going to work I'm all ears.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't vote out of principal as I think that there shouldn't even be a consideration of another vote, We had a vote and the winner was to leave whether it be by 10m or 10 votes, the margin is immaterial, so leave it must be IMHO.
Wrong decision, mate. I understand the principal behind your thinking, but all that will do is let the cheats and liars and shysters who have fought Brexit every step of the way to have their own selfish way. You're right, they're shouldn't be another referendum - we've had one and the result should have been respected by our so-called democratic Parliament - but they'll probably have one to try and legitimise their actions.

So, if you voted leave, vote leave - again and again and again if necessary - and get any friends or relatives you know who didn't bother voting leave last time because they didn't think we had a prayer - get them out to vote too. Let's win another referendum - if they have one - and hammer it into the heads of those self-satisfied, think-they-know-better shysters that leave doesn't mean fanny around with it and hope it goes away.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
cameron.jpg

A few moments later, an Irish Gypsy catches this low life stinking out his home and kicks the living shite out him, we can but hope!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Referendum to leave the UK it's time to campain for the restablisment of the kingdom of Sussex King Harry and Queen Megan it's been a while since our last king Aulwolf about 1200 years so it's a bit overdue

If we have a Sussex King and Queen shouldn’t it be someone who has been to the county more than once?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wrong decision, mate. I understand the principal behind your thinking, but all that will do is let the cheats and liars and shysters who have fought Brexit every step of the way to have their own selfish way. You're right, they're shouldn't be another referendum - we've had one and the result should have been respected by our so-called democratic Parliament - but they'll probably have one to try and legitimise their actions.

So, if you voted leave, vote leave - again and again and again if necessary - and get any friends or relatives you know who didn't bother voting leave last time because they didn't think we had a prayer - get them out to vote too. Let's win another referendum - if they have one - also nd hammer it into the heads of those self-satisfied, think-they-know-better shysters that leave doesn't mean fanny around with it and hope it goes away.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think we're going to wake up to a Theresa May resignation in the morning.

Further prediction - general election, and 21 month extension to A50.

What would happen if:

Tomorrow they voted against No Deal.

Thursday they voted against not extending A50.

Would revoking A50 have to be an option?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

So, if you voted leave, vote leave - again and again and again if necessary - and get any friends or relatives you know who didn't bother voting leave last time because they didn't think we had a prayer - get them out to vote too. Let's win another referendum - if they have one - and hammer it into the heads of those self-satisfied, think-they-know-better shysters that leave doesn't mean fanny around with it and hope it goes away.

This is exactly why remain would win. Too many leave voters are like BG and won’t vote again because leave means leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here