Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You could say this about any election or referendum.

After a year or two of any government, it is doubtful whether they have implemented what they said they would do. You would end up having elections every couple of years.

People only want a second referendum to overturn the original vote. If you voted Remain, you have nothing to lose.

And if the vote was to leave a second time, those people who voted remain would still not like the result and try to stop Brexit.

The major difference is that you do have a chance to vote a government out after 5 years whereas once we leave there's no going back so we ,as a nation, need to be very sure of what we are doing and we don't and even for those who just hate the EU do they really think it is going to be better outside it.

I voted remain and would vote remain again my view being greatly re-enforced by the sh*tstorm of the last 2 years.

I have seen no cogent argument which tells me why I am going to be better off by leaving (would love someone to spell that out in simple but real terms) which to me says why risk it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
True but we could still have a Brexiteer PM, a Brexiteer majority cabinet and let them negotiate our exit. Parliament and the press would be scrutinising them.

What makes you think that there are enough Tory Brexiteers MPs with the ability to operate as a Cabinet minister? The truly competent Tory MPs number less than 20.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And repeat ... just a woeful, rather childish, simplistic, misrepresentation oft repeated by hardcore remainers/the Guardian set. The real reasons why Brexiteers didn't end up in the top job or resigned are far more nuanced and about political realities than ' they ran away' .... playground stuff.

It was ever thus …

Russian conspiracy

BBC conspiracy

Gammon

A recession is coming we are doomed

Frauderendum

It was only advisory

Cliff edge

All racists voted leave

There are only three options (or two)

Old peoples votes are less valid

Always been the same choices (which change)

Right-wing press conspiracy

Nothing to do with Remainers in Parliament intent on stopping Brexit

No deal will never happen

No deal will happen … PANIC!

This would always have happened

No one knows what is happening, your fault leavers

Leavers are dying ... hurray!

Our children's futures are over

You morons were duped and shouldn't be allowed to vote …. now vote again

Voting leave won't reduce EU immigration

The big drop in EU immigration would have happened anyway

Financial conspiracy of Rich Brexiteers (and Philip Hammond!)

Referendums are terrible

We want another referendum

Vote leave didn't campaign for a Soft Brexit but it's still leaving, so there.

Vote leave didn't campaign for a no deal so we can't do it

80 ERG MP's are stopping Brexit happening (230 MP's voted against May's deal)

You voted to rip up the good Friday agreement

WTO will make us have a hard border

The government is far right, May's an immigrant hating fascist

Honda 'Brexit' Job losses

Honda management fibbing

Job losses big news

Job gains irrelevant

Record employment irrelevant

All your fault .. ner ner ner ner ner,nothing to do with our incompetent political class :facepalm:

And on and on and on ....

At least :shit: have been knocked out of the cup though! :clap:

I knew you still wouldn't take responsibility but I really don't understand why you have gone to the trouble of typing loads of statements and putting them in italics?

(Palace season over :lolol:)

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yep the Gammonball Run has started:-

[tweet]1106852590640418816[/tweet]

I see Adam Hills from the Last Legg has pledged for £10 to an Asylum seekers charity for every mile of the march Farage does not walk. Gonna be expensive....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Adam Hills from the Last Legg has pledged for £10 to an Asylum seekers charity for every mile of the march Farage does not walk. Gonna be expensive....

Seems to be a tour of British shit holes. “The march will run through a series of Brexit towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract, Doncaster and Wellingborough.” No doubt Stoke is going to get a visit as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He left after one hour.

[tweet]1106934326879535105[/tweet]

Just 50 left when they got to Hartlepool This is the 'will of the people'.
[tweet]1106927220583337984[/tweet]

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Leave. Mps should start representing the voters, it's their job. I hope that those Mps in constituencies that voted to leave and yet they side with the remoaners, get deselected at the next election.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Won't vote until the first one is enacted. Not a fan of neverendums. Just can't do best of 3/5/7 etc....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The poll is interesting.

If you just read ANY thread on here about Brexit then you'd presume it was a 50/50 split, or that the board was actually more full of Leave voters than Remain.

Turns out it's just the same shouty people shouting all the time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The poll is interesting.

If you just read ANY thread on here about Brexit then you'd presume it was a 50/50 split, or that the board was actually more full of Leave voters than Remain.

I think last time we were at about 65-35. So it's clear that more have moved to the idea of remaining- albeit it not huge numbers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think last time we were at about 65-35. So it's clear that more have moved to the idea of remaining- albeit it not huge numbers.
Yes, which is probably correct in the real world. Shouty people notwithstanding. Because they like shouting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The poll is interesting.

I think that although most would vote remain, very few are really passionate about the EU, whilst with the Leave vote, there are those that have a real Hard on for Brexit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wouldn't vote. Purely because it wouldn't make any difference. The 650 politicians in the Palace of Westminster will not vote with their constituencies, which makes the whole referendum null and void. The politicians think they can decide for us and not vote for us. Democracy has died. These people, these privileged scum, have no thought for the votes that are supposed to be bound by law if they think they can get out of it for their own gain. I hate the whole lot of them, every single one, whatever their political persuasions. They can all rot in hell, in fact, rot in a cage somewhere where we can watch them die horribly. I think the rest of the country, where those who were never political, have now realised that we don't live in a democracy. Things will change, they have to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would vote for an Albion win at Millwall.

Come people take the day off, get this shite off page 1 just for one day at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here