Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Johnson

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Getting out soon.

a) Could he still do a job at EFL, Championship, 1 or 2, level?

b) Is there a Chairman brave enough in the League to sign him?

Or will he have to go abroad and commute each week back to sign the Sex Offenders register?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He'll get a club. Probably not one as big as Sunderland, but offending players always find a way back once they've served their time.

Wouldn't want him at BHA though, even if he was half decent.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He'll get a club. Probably not one as big as Sunderland, but offending players always find a way back once they've served their time.

Not so sure. Look at what happened to Ched Evans until his conviction was overturned.

Johnson was actually completely guilty. Can't see any British club going anywhere near him. Imagine the shitstorm (and rightfully so in this case).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I imagine he will have a trail at a non league club, be shouted out.

Try his luck in Scotland

End up in a league in Asia or the like if he is allowed out the country

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not so sure. Look at what happened to Ched Evans until his conviction was overturned.

Johnson was actually completely guilty. Can't see any British club going anywhere near him. Imagine the shitstorm (and rightfully so in this case).

This. Plus the offence was against a child, with no mitigation. He’ll be a despised figure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. A club has to have certain moral standards, else they've got no standards at all. Would you want that convicted paedo signing YOUR daughter's shirt? Don't care whether he's the new Pele, it's a clear no from me Jeff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Lee Hughes served 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving - he fled the scene so as to avoid being breathalised and handed himself in a couple of days later. His WBA career was over, but he resumed his playing career at Oldham, then Port Vale, then Notts County.

Similarly a goalie (who's name escapes me) caused the death of two young boys through dangerous driving. He went back to Plymouth I believe, after he'd served his time.

OK, these two examples aren't nonces, but players do resume careers albeit usually at a lower level than before their offence took place. And if they have served their time for the crime, then in a civilised society that aims to rehabilitate offenders, should they not be allowed to resume their trade ? That said, you're probably right in that it would be a brave club to take on the likes of Adam Johnson.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. A club has to have certain moral standards, else they've got no standards at all. Would you want that convicted paedo signing YOUR daughter's shirt?
So are you saying he will or won't be signed by a club, that's a little ambiguous.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He'll go to China I'd imagine

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
She did consent to sex and was not out of it - like vomiting and in no state to say no.

However, she was 15 (probably looked a lot older) and he cheated on his pregnant girlfriend so I think he should go abroad to France or possibly Spain and come back to sign on the sex offender's register every week.

He's been a dickhead but he'll still be a decent footballer at around League One level.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
People saying he would go abroad... surely nowhere would give him a visa, given that he is a convicted paedophile?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here