[Albion] Mike Dean performance

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Could've ruined it for us on several occasions

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
he obviously forgot to put his contacts in , overall not totally cr@p but 3 glaring mistakes with 2 penalties not given and a dubious yellow card for Murray for doing what comes natural in having his arm up for leverage when jumping , he didn't elbow his opponent was just a coming together.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mike Dean wouldn't be Mike Dean if everyone wasn't talking about his performance after the game.

So it was just a standard Mike Dean performance.

If he refs any of our games next season, you will probably need a late night pass, given the amount of times VAR will be used to correct his decisions

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
In general apart from the penalties he had an average game. The linesman on the West Stand side, however, in the first half, had a shocker. The foul early on in the first half, the lino was 5 yards away and kept his arm firmly down, it was Dean who gave the foul.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I actually thought he was having a good game until turning down those blatant penalties for us at the end. Although the assistant referee was perfectly placed to give the first one.
That's what's wrong about football officials. The assistant refs although qualified don't seem to have any input apart from offsides or throw ins

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Missed a penalty according to everyone I’ve spoken to. Yet to see the TV replays.

That’s serious, but he did seem to make the right calls everywhere else on the park.

Perhaps he has listened to some of the criticism leveled at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He missed two blatant, and I mean absolutely blatant, penalties.

That could have cost us enormously.

He was the usual preening show pony.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
he obviously forgot to put his contacts in , overall not totally cr@p but 3 glaring mistakes with 2 penalties not given and a dubious yellow card for Murray for doing what comes natural in having his arm up for leverage when jumping , he didn't elbow his opponent was just a coming together.

I thought he was consistent over this ...carding the Huddersfield captain for the same offence....only difference being that our player (Dunk) didn't roll around in agony until the card came out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I actually thought he was having a good game until turning down those blatant penalties for us at the end. Although the assistant referee was perfectly placed to give the first one.

Me too. I couldn't comment on the pens because from West Upper I have a very poor view of the pitch.

:rolleyes::lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Penalty Claims
Andone - looked a look shout to me.
Bernardo - nailed on, fouled at least once in that run.

Murray elbow
Should he have been the 100th Mike Dean sending off?

I'm just glad he decided to keep his 100th red card for a high profile match, where he will be much more in the limelight, rather than today's lowly offering.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
[/B]

I thought he was consistent over this ...carding the Huddersfield captain for the same offence....only difference being that our player (Dunk) didn't roll around in agony until the card came out

very much open to interpretation and subjective , yes he booked both challenges so he was consistent as you say and in the end thats all any player supporter and manager wants (assuming its consistently the correct decision)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he had a decent game with no contentious issues or decisions and allowed the game to flow without being conned for free kicks by players claiming a foul.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Forgetting the penalty no shows, he didn't stand for any of the diving nonsense - laughing off Billing's pathetic tumble in the first half in particular.

But, as usual, he made the game about himself in the second half to guarantee himself some coverage on MOTD tonight.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought that he had a decent game with no contentious issues or decisions and allowed the game to flow without being conned for free kicks by players claiming a foul.

No penalty decisions then?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I thought he was poor: On several occasions got it wrong, the 2 pens were also clear to see. Bernardo was fouled 3 times for the second one. He scares me everytime he refs, you know he can and does change matches with his poor decision making and need to be the centre of attention. I think he can be put forward as an example as to how much we need VAR

Jimmy Grimble

He was good until about the 75th minute.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Sometimes I momentarily make the mistake of thinking that you will make a sensible comment in line with the general consensus, but then you somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat. Well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here