Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mike Dean performance

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Missed a blatant penalty on Andone and a possible second on Bernardo. Added just 2 minutes at the end of the first half, despite several stoppages and Huddersfield's blatant time-wasting.

Didn't send anyone off for nicking the ball from an opponent or red card anyone who he'd booked by mistake earlier in the game. So a blinder by his standards.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I thought he reffed well apart from the two penalties not given (admittedly quite a big "apart from"). Most decisions seemed correct, including the bookings, and he didn't fall for their rolling about antics. Would have liked to see him be firmer about their goalie timewasting, but then Maty does the same thing.

Don't know why we gave them the ball back after yet another "injury" delay in the second half. If they kick it out for one of their own players, that's their choice, not our problem.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just watched motd micro highlights. . .Bernados run should have at the very least been pulled back for a free kick on the edge of the box. The defender had him by the arm. Chrystal clear to see, if ref plays advantage and doesn't give a penalty for the second challenge (debatable) then he should have pulled it back.

Harder to see Andoe's but looked like the foul happened before the defender didn't kick it off for a corner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched motd micro highlights. . .Bernados run should have at the very least been pulled back for a free kick on the edge of the box. The defender had him by the arm. Chrystal clear to see, if ref plays advantage and doesn't give a penalty for the second challenge (debatable) then he should have pulled it back.

Harder to see Andoe's but looked like the foul happened before the defender didn't kick it off for a corner.

Have to say I’d have struggled to complain if Albion players had committed those tackles and given away a penalty. Both nailed on imo

Lucky it didn’t matter in the end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just watched the pen decisions on MOTD. For the first, Andone was rugby tackled with no attempt to get the ball by the defender, yet the commentator said “barely a touch”. Pathetic, how did he get the gig?

In fairness to Shearer, he said it should’ve been a pen.

I took that to mean the defender barely got a touch on the ball, as Dean had not given a penalty because the defender had got the ball? If you see what I mean?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think when you’ve had chance to see the Andone incident again you may have a change of heart.

One of the most obvious ones I’ve seen this season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right having watched it on MOTD I would agree that the Andone one was a definite penalty and the Bernardo one not so obvious but still a penalty. KIt was interesting to see on MOTD Atwell making another balls up and missing a penalty again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Andone’s was a clear cut foul anywhere on the pitch, persistently manhandled to bring Andone to a halt. Even Shearer said a clear pen.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Fairly quiet day for him. I reckon he’ll be saving his 100th red card for a big name player. It’ll need to be nice and controversial and dished out with an outrageous flourish so he trends on social media. A perfect Mike Dean day

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You are right having watched it on MOTD I would agree that the Andone one was a definite penalty and the Bernardo one not so obvious but still a penalty. KIt was interesting to see on MOTD Atwell making another balls up and missing a penalty again.
On MOTD they claimed he said "got the ball". He was looking straight at the lino and I thought he said "Your call". The lino had a very good view of the double Nelson hold and should have flagged it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here