Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Mixed bag for me. Some great passing, but sloppy in possession and gave the ball away cheaply.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

You're seeing what you want to see. He lost possession once, when two hudds players were bearing down on him and tried to play it through them when unironically, he should have passed it backwards.

Criticising Stephens today is advertising your bias, he was immense.

That is the midfield 3 I would choose every week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens played very well indeed

I loved the bit in the first half when Huddersfield were just kicking the ball around, in front of the East Stand and DS quite clearly thought:-

'F**k this - I've had enough of this shite'

Came charging out of position smashed into one fella and those around him suddenly thought 'oh yeah I can do that too'.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
ANDONE1.gif

ANDONE3.gif

ANDONE4.gif

Great cross from Knocky

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Much improved in second half but only after Andone was subbed on , sorry to say Murray was off the pace and not for the first time , and when I say off the pace he was still in the dressing room at kick off he was that far behind.

Great 3 points , mediocre performance if you take the game as a whole , though the second half I would say we deserved the win and were unlucky it wasn't by more with a couple of big saves and the denial of 2 clear penalties. The introduction of Andone clearly had a huge impact on the team as a whole which had looked slow & predictable up to that point. A poor pass from Stephens nearly cost us a goal and nerves were clearly on show with neither side wanting to lose.

Big 3 points , much needed but we will need to play much better at Palace next weekend to get anything there and in the other prem games this season. At least Millwall are on a bad run too so the cup should give us something to keep us going over the International break.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I was unwell, in bed this afternoon. On waking, found the Albion had won, thank goodness. Have spent a happy 40 minutes reading every post on this thread for the second half. What a record from the fans'eye view: an emotional roller coaster, the pain, the complete frustration, the desperate gallows humour, a goal, the sheer relief, the absolute joy, the endless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, then the nail biting hanging in there for ten minutes, the whole desperation and joy of being an Albion fan. Thanks for posting, every one of you. Just wonderful.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
the frustration at watching us play dull, slow and innefective football with the pedestrian Murray

Yep the pedestrian Murray inexplicably scoring and securing important wins and points v Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham, and Palace and crucial points v Southampton, Leicester and Fulham (H)
And a perplexed Glenn wondering why that the pedestrian defence couldn't hold on to his two goal lead v Fulham which if they had would probably mean we were effectively safe.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Being an ex pro means absolutely nothing - see Merson, Savage, Shearer etc. And to be honest, the ones today don’t know a lot, they regularly got the players names wrong for both sides today.

A couple of times the commentator said Stephens did something and it was a completely different player. Stephens was ok today but certainly nothing special. Tony Gale is particularly dreadful.

Sounds like our Warren but I love listening to him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see we have the usual squabbling on the match day thread......

I have just got home. Lovely drive through the countryside. Massive 3 points and my voice has gone..

I must say, though, that Huddersfield are shot to pieces. It took us 50 minutes to realise how much time we had.....meanwhile the terrier dweebs were time wasting from 15 minutes; goal keeper with both Alzheimers and lumbago. Numerous players suffering from acute attacks of motorneuron disease. Embarrassing. What happened to their famous Pluck? (I presume it went when their leader plucked off back to der Vaterland).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were shit in the first half, improved slightly when the pensioner went off, and narrowly beat the crappest,PL team out there. Hardly party night, BUT, 3 points is very important and the confidence boost is massive after such a dire run. I don't remember a run that bad even in the 90's. Still a long way to go, but 10points from 10 games, we're on target for the magic 40.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see we have the usual squabbling on the match day thread......

I have just got home. Lovely drive through the countryside. Massive 3 points and my voice has gone..

I must say, though, that Huddersfield are shot to pieces. It took us 50 minutes to realise how much time we had.....meanwhile the terrier dweebs were time wasting from 15 minutes; goal keeper with both Alzheimers and lumbago. Numerous players suffering from acute attacks of motorneuron disease. Embarrassing. What happened to their famous Pluck? (I presume it went when their leader plucked off back to der Vaterland).

Come on!

Town are down.. they have been creamed many times this season and as much as we wanted them to come and play samba football, that is not their game. So they time wasted...so what... they are not there to entertain brighton fans....they hit people on the break...that is how they play.

We were dreadful at times today...boring, predictable ad one dimensional....we played straight into their hands.

If it wasn't for a brilliant save from Ryan, they would have done what they came for. Remember they tried to go at us at their place and we rolled them over.

Still is that our only sixpointer from a team this season?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good second half, but we basically condensed our chances of a win to about 55 minutes, such was the need to sit deep and defend and respect Huddersfield as if we were playing Man City away. I really didn't get that. I was confident, come the second period, when we actually started out of the blocks, that we'd get three points, but it was still heart stopping stuff.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Can we all agree that Murray (Our top scorer again ,i might remind you all ! ) has had his time. IMHO next season he will be on the bench, "To nick that goal "....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep the pedestrian Murray inexplicably scoring and securing important wins and points v Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham, and Palace and crucial points v Southampton, Leicester and Fulham (H)
And a perplexed Glenn wondering why that the pedestrian defence couldn't hold on to his two goal lead v Fulham which if they had would probably mean we were effectively safe.

Yes that same pedestrian Murray. I maintain my point, Murray’s scored some goals this season but if Andone had started every game when available, I fully believe we would have more points by now and already be safe. Andone is a superior player who makes the whole team better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here