Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere for the run in - starting with Huddersfield Saturday

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Blimey, I don't remember it being poisonous. I think we were furious at the penalty decisions both given and not given, however even though it was massively disappointing, I really couldn't describe it as being poisonous. :shrug:

What I would say is that if you do a league table from Dec 28th till now, Burnley are 3rd only scoring 1 point less than MU and 3 points less than City. They've scored 3 more points than Spurs. 4 more points than Liverpool over the last 8 games.

They are without a shadow of a doubt the inform side outside of the Manchester clubs. Perspective for any fan that did turn on the team.

Poisonous is too strong, but there were certainly a variety of responses to the game, and too much silence. I'm in the south side of the WSU in line with the goalline.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Absolutely right, and a very timely thread if l may say so. What also concerns me is our continued involvement in the FA Cup, any other season and it's a plus, but with important league games being postponed to make way for it, games are going to start building up towards the end of the season.

I hate to say this, but losing at Millwall could be a blessing in disguise.

No it wouldn't. It would mean that we have to play one extra game while the PL season is still going. There's still c11 weeks until it ends, and we've got 12 games to play in that time. We (currently) don't have too much concerning us with injuries either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Possibly true. I know one thing, should we win then the 1 in 3 chance of spending a fortune on a day out at Wembley for a semi against Pep and his lads does not get my juices flowing.

The Albion’s secret ManC admirers would love it. Another chance to see Silva and Aguero, perhaps even an autograph.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
East and West stands could always sing up..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're not suggesting the ones that would hang around on the last day of the season at The Amex if the trophy was being presented to the very same?

The Albion ‘supporters’ who’ll run down to the front rows near the end to arse lick Kompany and Guardiola. On the miracle of another trophy bought on a shoestring.

Wasn’t that lovely about the Championship ... I can’t remember Albion supporters being sycophantic over any opposition league club, ever?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Albion ‘supporters’ who’ll run down to the front rows near the end to arse lick Kompany and Guardiola. On the miracle of another trophy bought on a shoestring.

Wasn’t that lovely about the Championship ... I can’t remember Albion supporters being sycophantic over any opposition league club, ever?

"Please may I have your slacks Pep?" 1502562261746_lc_galleryImage_Football_Soccer_Premier_L.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And the North could sing one song at a time ?

Pah, next you'll be saying they should also sing at a speed more akin to what humans can hear, instead of just dogs.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Pah, next you'll be saying they should also sing at a speed more akin to what humans can hear, instead of just dogs.

This is my problem, half the time I can't understand what they are singing and by the time I do they have gone on to another song I can't understand. It does make it worse when there are more than one song being sung at the same time.

To get the East and West Stand to join it they have to be able to hear what is being sung. Albion, Albion, Seagulls Seagulls, We are Brighton Super Brighton, La la la etc we all follow Brighton & Hove Albion are good ones, easy words and great to get behind our boys :bhasign:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Probably depends on where you sit. I’m WSU block D and there were 3 separate spats from anti/pro CH brigade and some general slagging off of the team or subs. Got quite heated.

What bothered me more was the apathy of so many people, half of us trying to rouse people into displaying some emotion and they basically sat there on their hands! So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which row as in seating level.?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Huddersfield are as good as relegated which means they have nothing to lose and only will want to salvage some pride we have to destroy that in the first 5 mins will be key and will set the tone of the game and the noise level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here