Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That's a poor decision then on behalf of the FA who should be pushing for the club to have its rightful allocation. Effectively, they are rewarding bad behaviour by handing Millwall a greater home advantage because disorder is considered likely. Perhaps they should calculate how far short of the correct allocation Albion are, and reduce the number of home tickets available by the same percentage..

exactly this. It is a reward for their violent reputation, it’s a disgrace

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
How does the Maths of that club statement work then ? (2200+100+250)/0.15 suggests their stadium holds 17000. Their capacity is 20146.

The key bit of the club's statement is this part:

From the club :

...the 15% ticket entitlement for the FA Cup, when that percentage is applied to open and available areas of the stadium...

I suppose the remaining couple thousand seats would have been closed off anyway, "by default" for segregation and tarpaulin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I suppose the remaining couple thousand seats would have been closed off anyway, "by default" for segregation and tarpaulin.

Yep, because of the ‘safety experts’ the lower tier isn’t ‘open and available’.........

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It said 15% of available stadium which presumably excludes the lower tier.

Good point. Yes, closing the lower tier in particular partly enables the lower allocation. Given that Millwall clearly cannot cope with hosting a big match they should have considered switching it to the Amex.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So the lower tier holds 3000. Think not.

Difficult for them to give us any more though if the bottom tier can’t be opened - couldn’t sufficiently segregate any other part of the ground so they’re doing what they’re allowed to do. Still stinks though - up to 2000 of our fans miss out due to their fans behaviour. Let’s hope we get to the semi so the equivalent of at least all STHs can go in terms of numbers.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Difficult for them to give us any more though if the bottom tier can’t be opened - couldn’t sufficiently segregate any other part of the ground so they’re doing what they’re allowed to do. Still stinks though - up to 2000 of our fans miss out due to their fans behaviour. Let’s hope we get to the semi so the equivalent of at least all STHs can go in terms of numbers.

But is it their fans behaviour given they have just had 4k Norwich fans there?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
That's a poor decision then on behalf of the FA who should be pushing for the club to have its rightful allocation. Effectively, they are rewarding bad behaviour by handing Millwall a greater home advantage because disorder is considered likely. Perhaps they should calculate how far short of the correct allocation Albion are, and reduce the number of home tickets available by the same percentage..

So when CP don't get their 'rightful allocation' because the police/safety advisory group feel this is best, do you think the number of our home tickets be reduced by the same percentage as the reduction for them?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
The police are well represented at SAG meetings. They will certainly have had major influence over this (ridiculous) descion to deny us our proper allocation.

This matter has not helped by Barber’s strange crusade in the media to highlight some unpleasant, but rare, behaviour from out lot at home recently. I expect the SAG responsible for this match has noted this.

I agree it is ridiculous! The Den is very well policed and there is very little trouble there these days. Any trouble is normally the away fans looking for trouble (ie Everton) away from the ground. I know the stakes are high (semi final at Wembley) but I don't believe there would be any trouble.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So when CP don't get their 'rightful allocation' because the police/safety advisory group feel this is best, do you think the number of our home tickets be reduced by the same percentage as the reduction for them?
Irrelevant as that is a league game with a reciprocal arrangement.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Irrelevant as that is a league game with a reciprocal arrangement.

You might feel it is irrelevant but I don't as if we had been drawn at home and the police had advised to give Millwall a smaller allocation than they were entitled to, would you be happy for our home tickets to be reduced by the same percentage. No. I thought not!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You might feel it is irrelevant but I don't as if we had been drawn at home and the police had advised to give Millwall a smaller allocation than they were entitled to, would you be happy for our home tickets to be reduced by the same percentage. No. I thought not!
Pretentious much? This decision is purely based on the behaviour of Millwall fans. Were such a decision to be made and we were at home then it would be based on them smashing up toilets on previous visits and general bad behaviour in big games. The Palace decision, whilst primarily based on their hooded firework toting morons, is also partly because of the behaviour of our fans in previous encounters. Were this to be the case in an FA Cup Quarter final then I would hope the authorities would treat it fairly and I would accept a decision to reduce our allocation accordingly. No-one wants their allocation reduced but if it is based on the behaviour of just our fans, as is the case with the Millwall game, then I would accept it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here