Coming up

The Favourite
Mary, Queen of Scots

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There will be no Film 2019 - RIP - Claudia has killed it off

Is that true? She really was a spectacularly bad choice. The only presenter they have ever had that they have had to get other hosts in to help her. I cannot stand her anyway but the dross she usually appeared on was way off my radar so she never bothered me, then she was announced as the host of Film and my heart sank. I'm not surprised she killed it, she is a dreadful host. Even manages to ruin 8/10 cats does countdown when she appears.

So many people could do a good job. I hope it comes back. I like the guy they got in inthe couch to rescue it, sort of thin guy with a gingery quiff. He was fairly sensible.Get him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Best films of last year were Roma, Shoplifters and Infinity War.

2019 all about The Irishman and Star Wars.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is that true? She really was a spectacularly bad choice. The only presenter they have ever had that they have had to get other hosts in to help her. I cannot stand her anyway but the dross she usually appeared on was way off my radar so she never bothered me, then she was announced as the host of Film and my heart sank. I'm not surprised she killed it, she is a dreadful host. Even manages to ruin 8/10 cats does countdown when she appears.

So many people could do a good job. I hope it comes back. I like the guy they got in inthe couch to rescue it, sort of thin guy with a gingery quiff. He was fairly sensible.Get him.

Happy New Year

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Best films of last year were Roma, Shoplifters and Infinity War.

2019 all about The Irishman and Star Wars.

Shoplifers was indeed, brilliant.

I will be taking my first trip of the year to the cinema tomorrow for The Favourite so will report back. I do enjoy this thread.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
If anyone is interested I spent last year tracking every single film I watched. I'm doing some analysis / presentation work on the data at the moment so can post it here.

Couple of quick stats:

180 films
19,913 minutes of screen time (or approximately 14 days of my life :eek:)

That's impressive. I work in the industry and we have some analysts here who didn't even watch that many. Think the most was over 365 out of a possible 916 studio released films.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That's impressive. I work in the industry and we have some analysts here who didn't even watch that many. Think the most was over 365 out of a possible 916 studio released films.

Yeah I didn't actually anticipate that the final number would be that high. I have thought that the act of tracking them caused me to watch more. I'm doing it again this year so will be able to do that comparison hopefully ie will the novelty of recording the data worn off.

I did also have a bit of time off ill over the course of the year which inevitably left me time to power through a bunch of films during the day.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Anyone seen "In the fade"? decent film on Netflix.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Thanks US.
I saw The Favourite a couple of mornings ago and it was a little better than i thought it would be. My pre-judgement was on the work of the director beforehand and how it rather gotten my goat. I just didn't find his style funny, even though i am not averse to the abstract or absurd, and it grated my innards - The Lobster particularly annoyed me. He doesn't disappear from this styling entirely, but, once the first scene that ached me surpassed we became more led by the acting skills of Olivia Colman and Emma Stone, and even Rachel Weisz, who was better than usual - or better than in The Lobster - as a seasoned fiend. Colman, who is everywhere most of the time, does have a certain power to her ways without any seeming great complexity, and in doing so brings a striking authority to the oft-quivering roles she plays. The film itself was comic in its portrayal of the schemingly malevolent, and entertaining enough, but i felt it petered out somewhat. Better from the director, Yorgos Lanthimos, but still annoyed me in places.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If anyone is interested I spent last year tracking every single film I watched. I'm doing some analysis / presentation work on the data at the moment so can post it here.

Couple of quick stats:

180 films

I'm surprised you're not watching a film right now. That is 0.49 films per day.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I had a slow cinema year this year so didn't get to see some of the less mainstream films that got a lot of love. My favourites last year would include Avengers Infinity War, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Mandy.

Looking through the current list of upcoming UK releases, this year I'm looking forward to Avengers infinity War pt2, Star Wars Episode IX, Alita: Battle Angel, Happy Death Day 2U, It: Chapter 2,

I'm currently interested in (but may change my mind when I see trailers closer to the films releases): Glass, Lego Movie 2, Fighting With My Family, Captain Marvel, Shazam, Hellboy, Godzilla: King of Monsters, Dark Phoenix, Toy Story 4, The New Mutants, Joker, Terminator 6, Zombieland 2, Masters of the Universe, Cats.

Couple of quick stats:

180 films

Is that 180 unique films?
Were they all at the cinema (or new netflicks releases) or does it include films you've seen before but watched again on telly/dvd?

I tend to track my cinema going only, so I know that it's still worth paying for the Cineworld pass/picturehouse membership. 42 films (34 different films - well, two were cinema broadcasts of live theatre shows) seen last year. That tends to be my baseline. I've had a couple of years where I've pushed myself to use them more and have managed to get upwards of 130-140 cinema films in the year. .

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I had a slow cinema year this year so didn't get to see some of the less mainstream films that got a lot of love. My favourites last year would include Avengers Infinity War, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Mandy.

Looking through the current list of upcoming UK releases, this year I'm looking forward to Avengers infinity War pt2, Star Wars Episode IX, Alita: Battle Angel, Happy Death Day 2U, It: Chapter 2,

I'm currently interested in (but may change my mind when I see trailers closer to the films releases): Glass, Lego Movie 2, Fighting With My Family, Captain Marvel, Shazam, Hellboy, Godzilla: King of Monsters, Dark Phoenix, Toy Story 4, The New Mutants, Joker, Terminator 6, Zombieland 2, Masters of the Universe, Cats.

Is that 180 unique films?
Were they all at the cinema (or new netflicks releases) or does it include films you've seen before but watched again on telly/dvd?

I tend to track my cinema going only, so I know that it's still worth paying for the Cineworld pass/picturehouse membership. 42 films (34 different films - well, two were cinema broadcasts of live theatre shows) seen last year. That tends to be my baseline. I've had a couple of years where I've pushed myself to use them more and have managed to get upwards of 130-140 cinema films in the year. .

It's a mix of new and stuff I'd seen before, I'd say 80% new. Mostly Netflix / Prime / NOWTV but a few trips to the cinema sprinkled in. Bit too pricey for me usually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here