Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Given the company tried a 2nd attempt at changing my pension, previously salary capped two years ago not sure if I will fully retire but drawing my pension.

Would like to still do some work but needs to be part-time and not disrupt watching the Albion I suppose......

Well I hope you get what you want out of it and get the pension owed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
England winning the UEFA Nations League.

Rugby World Cup

And the new footpath by the River Adur (Shoreham Airport side) opening!

It will certainly be nice to be able to walk along there again. Both sides that have been closed are paths that I like to use regularly to get up to the Downs or stroll along the river. Seems an age since I was able to walk both sides.

And with a bit of luck 2019 will be the year the building stops on the riverside. With work on the new block halted as it subsides into the ground and floods regularly , sales non existent and the other developments all in question we may yet see Shoreham saved from the developers and my view of the Downs restored. Happy day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I hope you get what you want out of it and get the pension owed.

Thanks, pension is fine I had planned to work another year after much much discussion decided to go as really lost the the will to live where I work at present.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's a good sporting year ahead, so for me aside from whatever Albion do, it's:

The Cricket World Cup
The UEFA Nations League Finals
The Ashes
The Rugby World Cup
The World Athletics Championships

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm looking forward to.....

More gym/climbing wall.

Less pub.

Build up business (the above two will assist in that).

Cricket World Cup/Ashes/son playing cricket.

Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.

2019 will be the best year in a long time. Guaranteed.

Whats your business? I appreciate that the answer "none of yours" may be forthcoming.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The year my immigration to be finalized. Could be anytime in 2019, it's been a big expensive stress.

Visit a new country for a holiday.

Reading a lot more.

After immigration is sorted, lay the foundations of going self employed and starting my own business.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whats your business? I appreciate that the answer "none of yours" may be forthcoming.
I'm an accountant. Small Ltd companies, sole traders etc. Used to juggle my own work and work for a firm but the stress of the last few years meant giving one up so I chose to go it alone.

Been tough but I'm still hanging in there and with a bit of proactive work (my client base is entirely from word of mouth) it will get better.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good health, including overcoming an upcoming challenge.

Seeing some football matches, tickets already bought.

Getting fitter and shedding weight.

Getting financially straight, which will happen later in 2019.

Enjoying every day, which might just be the little things in life, such as watching good movies and TV.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Enjoying every day, which might just be the little things in life, such as watching good movies and TV.

I hope you overcome the health challenge. Better days ahead?

I too should be financially sorted this year. Debt free by March and then I can start saving for the holiday home on Eastern Sands. Had my eye on one of those for some time. This is the year I start working for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching an entire team of scapgoats playing for the Albion.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm looking forward to.....

More gym/climbing wall.

Less pub.

Build up business (the above two will assist in that).

Cricket World Cup/Ashes/son playing cricket.

Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.

2019 will be the best year in a long time. Guaranteed.

If you want to borrow my padded cell to scream in after that,you're more than welcome.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Here are the things I'm looking forward to in 2019...

Drinking less, or not at all. I've just started the 'Alcohol Experiment' and it's already changing my thinking about alcohol - which is what I need.
Lose Weight, which always happens when I stop drinking.
Start running again, which just accelerates the weight loss and makes me feel so much better. I'm not a natural 'exerciser' and really have to force myself to, but afterwards I always thank myself.

Those three above will make me a happier person with a much more positive frame of mind.

Then....

Make more time to be with 'Mrs Nose'. The kids are at the age where they don't really need us - so it's time to be a couple again, instead of just 'Mum & Dad'.
Make more time to visit my best pal who lives in Nottingham, plus family who are scattered across Yorkshire and the North West. I don't see them enough and that makes me feel like crap sometimes.

and...

Start a new business! I'm in talks with a major name about a franchise and if it all pans out I'll be up and running before the Summer. If not, back to square one and I keep looking for ideas... I'm just looking for something to get my teeth into now. I'm bored shitless doing something which pays the bills but holds zero interest for me.

Finally... I'm looking forward to seeing the Albion finish way above the drop zone and keep improving - and I look forward to being here on NSC !! :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
40 points.
Getting this cast off.
A Happy New Year.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Best of luck.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wasn't Stanley Clarke was it? I was there if so. Genius.

No, although I did see him at Love Supreme the year before last. He's incredible!

It was a hidden jazz thing she found on Trip Advisor or something. Essentially a husband and wife who'd gotten bored of the "stuffy jazz club" mentality go and hire a venue and put on a night every now and then. I'd never heard of the musicians but they were all brilliant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope you overcome the health challenge. Better days ahead?

I too should be financially sorted this year. Debt free by March and then I can start saving for the holiday home on Eastern Sands. Had my eye on one of those for some time. This is the year I start working for that.

Ta. You’re spot on with your posts about less work. It’s a balance. I recently lost youngish cousins to the BigC, who passed on the message to put family/happiness/leisure ahead of £.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here