Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watching Cincinnati vs Inter Miami.... Cincinnati are completely shit, yet Locadia cant get into their side (he is on the bench). How to get rid of him will be one of the great complexities this summer...
We just have to trust a fools hope that Cincinnati take up their option to buy.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Watching Cincinnati vs Inter Miami.... Cincinnati are completely shit, yet Locadia cant get into their side (he is on the bench). How to get rid of him will be one of the great complexities this summer...
Consider yourself lucky you largely missed out on his time with us. Makes Alireza look like the signing of the century.

Utterly abysmal footballer. Yet still had this weird fanclub based on a YouTube showreel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
How on earth did we pay, what was it, £14 million for him?

Still. I shall always be grateful for that goal in the cup quarter final. Thanks Jurgs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There is quality there, I hope we get a fee.

4 goals in just under 6 full Bundesliga games is great. He has also scored the same amount of goals for us than Connolly in a similar amount of appearances.

Someone will pay up, surely?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I watched that last night, he was utterly useless and looked disinterested.
No one will part with money for him, I wouldn’t put him in the reserves or whatever they are called now.
He seems to have no pride, passion or enthusiasm for the game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Contract terminated by mutual consent will be the outcome

Not so sure. Judging by the fee we paid, he was obviously bought with the intention of being a first-team regular, so you'd estimate his contract with us will be around 40K a week, and he's got another year left. Can you see him agreeing to forego £2m of guaranteed income when the level of club he's likely to be getting a deal with would pay him a fraction of that?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not so sure. Judging by the fee we paid, he was obviously bought with the intention of being a first-team regular, so you'd estimate his contract with us will be around 40K a week, and he's got another year left. Can you see him agreeing to forego £2m of guaranteed income when the level of club he's likely to be getting a deal with would pay him a fraction of that?

Probably, if there is a mutual termination, I think he would need to be paid in full. I dont see any indications that he would move on because of some passion to play football. Could be worth it, club would probably save a bit of money from bonuses and feeding him etc. while also avoiding to have him lurking around in the shadows.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably, if there is a mutual termination, I think he would need to be paid in full. I dont see any indications that he would move on because of some passion to play football. Could be worth it, club would probably save a bit of money from bonuses and feeding him etc. while also avoiding to have him lurking around in the shadows.

Yes, this is certainly a possibility I hadn't considered.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's an interesting one. The scientific data that is used today must have shown that Locadia has the natural ability to be a decent player.
However, they were clearly unable to scientifically measure his attitude and desire.

Hopefully some club in the UAE will offer Jurgen a wonderful lifestyle and the chance to DJ at a top nightclub.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Loan somewhere else with us paying about 98% of his wages is by far the most likely outcome

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

No. The club will pay him off based on basic salary with no appearance/goals/performance-related monies included and the fact that he'll be able to find himself another club unencumbered by any ties to the Albion. It'll be a mutually-agreed termination and it will cost us a lot of money. Probably the same as loaning him to Cincinnati (a.n.other) and paying 90% of his basic Albion contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here