Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any progress at Selhurst?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I notice you’re getting chirpy again now you’re nearly safe ???
As for the stand, it will get done, 2,3 years, who knows.
In the meantime, try to stay in this division so you can still moan about the away fans facilities each season.
Mind the gap :wink:
Why do you see? Why are you here? So pathetic.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's just an insane amount of money to spend on 1/4 of the project just to try and catch up with the rest of us.

There's no point attempting to get into a stadium willy waving competition with the likes of us, Arsenal, BHA, Wembley, The Albion, Forest Green Rovers and their arch enemies, when many of their fans actual home, Tottenham, comes along spends a billion and makes everyone else look a naff.

palace NEED a functioning, nice, 35k, stadium, which works within their planning constraints.
What it doesn't need is the AMEX's west stand (with probably 1 extra seat) overshadowing an ever increasing embarrassment of a ground.

Although that said it's pretty obvious they can't help themselves as soon as someone mentions 'vanity project' they go all weak at the knees completely ignoring all the 'if's but's and maybe's' that seem to be scattered all over each missive from the club.

Amended for you:)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In the meantime, try to stay in this division so you can still moan about the away fans facilities each season.

Wasn't the ground a part of the much promoted Five Year Plan, wasn't that about seven years ago?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I cant answer any of these questions...I am just a normal fee paying fan.

But the Palace board are all pretty rich self made men a bit like TB, and I am sure they have looked into all the same things and asked the same questions you are and have been advised / come to the conclusion that that is the way to go ?

Tony doesn't pay himself a wage from the club whereas Parish does.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I cant answer any of these questions...I am just a normal fee paying fan.

But the Palace board are all pretty rich self made men a bit like TB, and I am sure they have looked into all the same things and asked the same questions you are and have been advised / come to the conclusion that that is the way to go ?

Prince Charming sold Tag:Worldwide* for 54 million quid. That was his only sale, any other business he had was in some relation to Tag. Smoke and Mirrors wasn't worth anything much and was part of his Tag family. I wouldn't call that a fortune in todays Premier League chairmen/owner money, would you?

* Not to be mistaken with the vast multi mega bucks watch company.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't the ground a part of the much promoted Five Year Plan, wasn't that about seven years ago?
The work on the new white elephant will start at the end of 2018.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
also Tony doesn't use our club to pay invoices from his other companies (i.e. syphoning cash out of the club into his pocket) whereas Parish does
Tony probably spends more on racehorses than Disney has in net assets. A chancing spiv vs a maths genius and billionaire.

Oh and as pointed out, TB actually OWNS our club. Prince Charming sold out.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I see you're getting all chirpy again now you're safe?

Where was you all season when we was above you and when we beat you twice?

Such an ironic post on all counts.

The stand is an over priced carbon copy of our West Stand.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Prince Charming sold Tag:Worldwide* for 54 million quid. That was his only sale, any other business he had was in some relation to Tag. Smoke and Mirrors wasn't worth anything much and was part of his Tag family. I wouldn't call that a fortune in todays Premier League chairmen/owner money, would you?

* Not to be mistaken with the vast multi mega bucks watch company.

Not really my point. My point was, to take your own company and make "only" 54 million quid you need a bit of business sense and know what to do for the best way to enhance and cultivate a profit.

I have never wanted to make this a "our chairman is richer than yours" type thing, the rivalry is dying quick enough without that sort of childish slanging match.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think they are spending quite a bit on the training facilities.

The article explicitly mentioned the Academy. Currently this is where your academy trains and plays (at least the young'uns):

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 15.43.09.png

So presumably they'll be buying/building somewhere specifically for them?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You can tell you lot are struggling on the pitch when you start going on about facilites, Soppy Tarquins.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You can tell you lot are struggling on the pitch when you start going on about facilites, Soppy Tarquins.
Another saddo reeled in. Do you have threads on here about how shambolic your club is on alert, or do you monitor the forum every day? Get a life.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

You can tell you lot are doing OK on the pitch when you start having the bollocks to post on here again. Stupid Nigels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here