Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is a team who have a new manager.

So far, they’ve beaten a 10 man Burnley at home, an out of form Liverpool, an absolutely knackered West Ham, Newcastle who are diabolical away from home, and Manchester United who are as bad as Newcastle away from home.

Attachments

• IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6801.jpeg
    IMG_6801.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6803.jpeg
    IMG_6803.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6804.jpeg
    IMG_6804.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 92

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is a team who have a new manager.

So far, they’ve beaten a 10 man Burnley at home, an out of form Liverpool, an absolutely knackered West Ham, Newcastle who are diabolical away from home, and Manchester United who are as bad as Newcastle away from home.
I can understand their enthusiasm. We were also very excited before we lost our best players through transfers or injury.

It will be interesting to see their line-up when the summer transfer window closes.
We've seen how the loss of your two best players is very hard to recover from.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BRB gonna put the mortgage on Palace qualifying for the Champions League next season based on this

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can understand their enthusiasm. We were also very excited before we lost our best players through transfers or injury.

It will be interesting to see their line-up when the summer transfer window closes.

It will be a massive jump for a club that has never finished in the top 10, and never amassed more than 50 points in the Premier League.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And to start things off, Dougie on his way to Newcastle.
Has that moron offered his message board contributions exclusively to ToonTastic?

It’ll keep him off here but he can hardly string a sentence together TBH.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Palace have lost 150m over the 4 seasons previous to this one, and they’ll probably lose another 26-27m this season. Offers for their better players are going to be very tempting.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Palace have lost 150m over the 4 seasons previous to this one, and they’ll probably lose another 26-27m this season. Offers for their better players are going to be very tempting.
Looks likely they will lose Olise as he apparently has a release clause in his contract (rumoured to be £60m) & clubs like United & Chelsea seem interested. I’ve also read a few articles about how Guehi is not signing a new contract, so if they want to make decent money off him then it will need to be a sale this window. If he stays another year then his value will plummet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know they are getting a bit giddy, but I do think he will be a great manager for them. I would love it if we were battling Palace for a Champions league spot next season, so long as we snag it and they don't quite make it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I know they are getting a bit giddy, but I do think he will be a great manager for them. I would love it if we were battling Palace for a Champions league spot next season, so long as we snag it and they don't quite make it.
Agree they seem to have got a really good manager. And recent results are impressive.

However...
The Premier League is the best funded league in the world.
Every good new manager gets away with half a season of good performances, until the analysts get enough data to work out how to nullify them.

Remember Vieira?
https://www.skysports.com/football/...d-of-arsenal-reunion-on-monday-night-football

De Zerbi has been found out to a certain extent too.
Take away our two best players and throw in a few key injuries and we can be taken apart quite easily.

Glasner may well be the real deal, but he will be best judged after a full season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here