Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Players not justifying their £100k+ (a week,I add parenthetically) salaries".

Just think on that sentence for a bit.

I'm not entirely sure I could continue to support the Albion if I felt I could justifiably write that.

Give it a couple of years mate. Football salaries are continuing to rise, and rise rapidly. If we want to compete, we'll have to join that group soon enough, and there will inevitably be some Ali J's amongst that group of wage earners.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well played Albion. Glad to see that you're still putting our cast-off to good use.

Was he really a cast off, as you sold him to Bournemouth at a great profit for the spiv
You wanted the money to spend on an expensive replacement from Liverpool, they must have laughed all the way to the bank

Brighton still realised what Murray had to offer and brought him back for peanuts in today's market and he is still a better player than Benteke

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give it a couple of years mate. Football salaries are continuing to rise, and rise rapidly. If we want to compete, we'll have to join that group soon enough, and there will inevitably be some Ali J's amongst that group of wage earners.
Oh yeah sure, but if they're not paying 10p to the £1, how much will palace be paying then?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh yeah sure, but if they're not paying 10p to the £1, how much will palace be paying then?

That's a different point altogether.

"Players not justifying their £100k+ [a week] salaries". That was the sentence you were worrying about ever uttering and being able to still support the Albion. Personally, I think we'll see just that sentence being spoken about our club sooner than you might be imaging.

That is all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, getting embarrassed out of the cup will do them a favour in the league.
I'm not sure it does. I agree that going deep in the competition can cause a distraction, but these early games are ideal for those trying to break into the starting 11, and also an opportunity for those short of form to get some game time. PL teams should have a squad of over 25 decent players, and you just can't give them all game time without cup games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well played Albion. Glad to see that you're still putting our cast-off to good use.

A "cast-off" you goons would have back in a heartbeat to replace the walking catastrophe that is Benteke. Your mob are currently in the process of absolutely ripping him apart after he failed to even trouble a 4th division defence, who's entire combined wages would barely come up to 10% of his.

3 goals in 51 now is it ? You'd get more from playing a peddle-bin up front. At least there'd some be nuisance value and maybe the odd deflection.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A "cast-off" you goons would have back in a heartbeat to replace the walking catastrophe that is Benteke. Your mob are currently in the process of absolutely ripping him apart after he failed to even trouble a 4th division defence, who's entire combined wages would barely come up to 10% of his.

3 goals in 51 now is it ? You'd get more from playing a peddle-bin up front. At least there'd some be nuisance value and maybe the odd deflection.

:lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm not sure it does. I agree that going deep in the competition can cause a distraction, but these early games are ideal for those trying to break into the starting 11, and also an opportunity for those short of form to get some game time. PL teams should have a squad of over 25 decent players, and you just can't give them all game time without cup games.

This. I thought our BR game was a good tester for the likes of Webster, Connolly etc to see how they can handle a tougher game. Not PL standards but not reserves either.

GP can learn a lot from the second string of players in these game I think and gives them more game time to break into the first team.

Plus a bit more revenue always helps.

So can Woy in their cup run . Oh....

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

There's a joke in there about Benteke and top bins but I'm not smart enough to tease it out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
E5423F11-2A59-4007-8577-6DA3C1CEA37C.png

Push for Europe back on this season - although it’s not champs league this time like a few years back, it’s a more realistic top 6....

* CP2010 FC still haven’t won any points this season in a game where either the opposition had 10 men for a large part of the game, they scored a penalty or the opposition missed a penalty. Interesting as many would suggest they’ve been extremely lucky this season - even their own fans when they’re being honest. But let’s see if the top 6 happens eh....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
View attachment 116023

Push for Europe back on this season - although it’s not champs league this time like a few years back, it’s a more realistic top 6....

* CP2010 FC still haven’t won any points this season in a game where either the opposition had 10 men for a large part of the game, they scored a penalty or the opposition missed a penalty. Interesting as many would suggest they’ve been extremely lucky this season - even their own fans when they’re being honest. But let’s see if the top 6 happens eh....

The only way they'll finish inside the top six is if they take them all, forcibly, up the jacksy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here