Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Not Mortimer and Whitehouse, but Bobby Zamora is fishing now on ITV4, if anyone cares to watch.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I love Bob and can thoroughly recommend his book And Away. I read it on holiday and my family were embarrassed at me crying with laughter as I beat the sand on the beach with my fists.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mrs Jakarta only watches Would I Lie to You for Bob Mortimer.

Last nights edition when he was chucked out of a Scottish Town for wearing a 'frightening mask' was classic Mortimer.

And it was True... :bowdown:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've got so much love for Bob. Him snuffing it would be bigger than Lady Di croaking to me.

Well what is certainly true, is that Bob Mortimore is far more aware of what is going on in the real world than Princess Diana ever was.

Apart from his obvious celebrity status, he is just the average man on the street l think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mrs Jakarta only watches Would I Lie to You for Bob Mortimer.

Last nights edition when he was chucked out of a Scottish Town for wearing a 'frightening mask' was classic Mortimer.

And it was True... :bowdown:

I think the more outrageous the story that Bob tells on Would l Lie to You, the more likely it is to be true!

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Thank you for this thread. Have given it a go and love it. Working my way through it on iPlayer. Never been interested in fishing but as others have said you don’t need to be to enjoy this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really don't like the interview element. Breaks the flow of the show and feels too scripted.

Not for me actually, l enjoy it, it breaks things up a bit. If anything l think the show could run for an hour, not just half of that time. I'm really getting into it, and then the credits come up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And l'm sure there are wannabee anglers taking up the sport after watching it. It's win win really.

100%. Our club have been running free ‘Let’s go Fishing’ days through the summer for newbies and a couple have commented that they were inspired to give it a go after watching the programme.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit more detail

CE8BF6D1-8D05-4201-96C9-0BB8B8EC0C81.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here