[Albion] Relegation Odds

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From Betfair's odds:

Cardiff c84.7%
Albion c15.1%

That's probably about right. Realistically, Cardiff have to better our result on Saturday to give themselves any sort of chance. Luckily for us, they're playing Fulham at just the wrong time.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That is massive value, considering the number of high intensity games City have had. Heavy heart, but I'm on that

As an aside Man Utd are 7.0 to win tonight, have they ever been more than 1.50 to win at home in the last 3 decades

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's probably about right. Realistically, Cardiff have to better our result on Saturday to give themselves any sort of chance. Luckily for us, they're playing Fulham at just the wrong time.

Not how I see it - if they match our result then beat Palace (possible) whilst we lose to Arsenal (likely) they're right in it, no?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not how I see it - if they match our result then beat Palace (possible) whilst we lose to Arsenal (likely) they're right in it, no?

No, we're ahead on goal difference looking at all the negatives and no positives, let's say the lose to Fulham and we draw against Newcastle?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They'd still be outsiders even then. They are away to Man Utd last day.

Who would you rather face if you need to get a result? Man City at home or Man Utd away?

There's a few twists and turns to come, clearly, but it could be the case that City need to win that game to clinch the title and United may have already missed out on the top 4.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
A point last night would have shifted our odds massively.
This weekend will be key. We match their results they will have to get something v palace to have any chance come the final day. Puts the pressure back on them to win really as they won’t want to go to old Trafford needing to win. May actually play in to palaces hands as much as I hate then they are a very good counter attacking away team

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who would you rather face if you need to get a result? Man City at home or Man Utd away?

There's clearly a few twists and turns to come, clearly, but it could be the case that City need to win that game to clinch the title and United may have already missed out on the top 4.
I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm saying that Cardiff's best hope of staying by far is to better our result on Saturday. If they merely match us, then they are relying on a 3 point swing the following game, and then hoping they can pinch a point at Man Utd while we don't do the same at home to City. All of that could happen, but is actually fairly unlikely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They'd still be outsiders even then. They are away to Man Utd last day.

And we're at home against Man City. We'd probably have the edge with the bookies, but they would 100% be right in it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

There's a few twists and turns to come, clearly, but it could be the case that City need to win that game to clinch the title and United may have already missed out on the top 4.

Could also be that city have won the title, and with an FA cup final the week after?

fwiw any game at the Amex beats being away with our rubbish away form.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Could also be that Man City have blown the title and just the FA Cup to win..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I’m afraid to say I’ve just had an insurance bet, 100on at 5s, at least if it does go bandy I’ve paid for nest seasons ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
We have the advantage going into our next two games.

Cardiff play away to Fulham at 3.00, whilst we will know their result before we play Newcastle at 5.30. Also they are at home to Palace on the Saturday evening and we do not play at Arsenal until the following afternoon.

Both the Manchester games are 3.00 on the Sunday after.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I backed us to go down at 40/1 ages ago. 15 quid to win 600. I have not wanted to lose a bet more. If it loses I shall join a golf club as that would cover the fees with a top up from stopping bt sport.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i still hold the view that Palace are better away from home and Cardiff will not be able to shut up shop and will have to attack which could give Zaha and Townsend chances on the break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here