Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
My bad, just double-checked and he's actually arriving at the perfect time, new stand development just finishing up I believe?

"Building works will start at the end of the 2018/19 season. Works are expected to take around two years to complete. The existing Main Stand will remain in operation during this period as the new parts will be constructed above, around and behind it."

that all sounds very clever. however, wouldn't it be cheaper, and a lot quicker if they just knocked down the old one? as i understand it, it's still not quite completed. :shrug:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
that all sounds very clever. however, wouldn't it be cheaper, and a lot quicker if they just knocked down the old one? as i understand it, it's still not quite completed. :shrug:

You’re missing the point.

By constructing the new stand with the old stand still above, around and beneath it, they’ve actually managed to spend £100m on a new stand that’s COMPLETELY HIDDEN by the old stand.

It’s quite the engineering feat.

If you visit Selhurst Park now, it looks, feels and - yes, smells - exactly the same as before. You’d never realise all that money has been spent on creating the world’s first secret invisible stand.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

By constructing the new stand with the old stand still above, around and beneath it, they’ve actually managed to spend £100m on a new stand that’s COMPLETELY HIDDEN by the old stand.

If you visit Selhurst Park now, it looks, feels and - yes, smells - exactly the same as before. You’d never realise all that money has been spent on creating the world’s first secret invisible stand.

thank you, i had no idea. presumably, cos the new stand is invisible, a lot of their planning permission problems will negated, clever stuff

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Completely hidden?
The plan is to build up and over the existing Archibald Leitch classic design stand, keeping the old stand in use,then demolishing said stand, and installing the lower tier.
( Same architechs and building technique used by Liverpool)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's kicking off on Holmesdale at present as this news story breaks. It does seem to come from legitimate sources. I wonder if some other team are now after Favre? Eg Spurs. That would be a massive blow to Palace. I almost feel sorry for the Palace fans reading their reactions.

Edit; he wants to take a longer break from the game. Fair enough. He's going nowhere else just doesn't fancy the challenge I guess.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I can smell Spurs from here. Those poor Palace fans must be furious.
They've been ambushed not once (Nuno) but twice (Favre).
Where's Smug Eddie when they need him?

I think that should just give to Dougie Freedman and be done with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ed Aaron’s tweet

It’s my understanding that Lucien Favre has decided not to take up Crystal Palace’s offer of a three-year contract. The Swiss manager had been due to sign a three-year contract today #cpfc

Beaten to it!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Has to be Spurs or Everton.

That was my initial thought but in fact I think he just doesn't fancy it. Move abroad, big challenge, doesn't speak much English, need to find half a team after their huge exodus. He's said he wants a longer break, so would be lying if he then took up another post immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here