Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I have quite a good ITK source there and that is mostly correct. However, my understanding is they interviewed Dyche a couple of times, and he was keen, but he then got p****d off when they turned to Nuno, who then turned them down when Everton came calling, by which time Dyche had decided to stay with Burnley. Which is, whatever way you look at it, hilarious.

Hilarious and not that surprising either [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have quite a good ITK source there and that is mostly correct. However, my understanding is they interviewed Dyche a couple of times, and he was keen, but he then got p****d off when they turned to Nuno, who then turned them down when Everton came calling, by which time Dyche had decided to stay with Burnley. Which is, whatever way you look at it, hilarious.

Please appoint Cooper just to complete this mismanaged, half arsed and poorly thought through process ..... FYP anyone?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems Palace might soon have a new owner. I assume the Americans will leave the 100m Ringfenced for the new standium?

CRYSTAL PALACE are the subject of a £220million takeover bid — by a pioneer in hologram technology.

American investor John Textor is understood to be leading a consortium that is attempting to take control of the club.

Although negotiations are believed to be at an advanced stage, there are doubts in financial circles about whether Textor is the right man to steer the*Premier League*club into a new era.

Unlike Harris and Blitzer, Textor is not a billionaire and so will have needed financial support from elsewhere to put together his Palace bid.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems Palace might soon have a new owner. I assume the Americans will leave the 100m Ringfenced for the new standium?

CRYSTAL PALACE are the subject of a £220million takeover bid — by a pioneer in hologram technology.

American investor John Textor is understood to be leading a consortium that is attempting to take control of the club.

Although negotiations are believed to be at an advanced stage, there are doubts in financial circles about whether Textor is the right man to steer the*Premier League*club into a new era.

Unlike Harris and Blitzer, Textor is not a billionaire and so will have needed financial support from elsewhere to put together his Palace bid.

They don't need to ringfence £100m as it will cost less than that to create holograms of new stands.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I know we are all biased but I really don't think that Palace are a good investment opportunity. They have a poor stadium which needs a lot of improvement which will be very expensive and a poor management infrastructure shown by the poor succession planning around the new coach, after Roy's retirement.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know we are all biased but I really don't think that Palace are a good investment opportunity. They have a poor stadium which needs a lot of improvement which will be very expensive and a poor management infrastructure shown by the poor succession planning around the new coach, after Roy's retirement.

Which is precisely the reason we should hope that an underinvested, misguided, profiteering yank should delay this club for another few years .... please. Oh, and sign Cooper to, he's ready for you!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suppose 7 weeks is ample time to employ a new manager, sign some players and get them playing his way.

:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its funny how clubs spend dozens of millions on scouting players but whenever it comes to managers, the attitude seems to be "we desperately need someone who already either ****ed up or ****ed off in the Premier League".

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

640x960Rimmer.jpg
Hologram technology you say...then the new manager is decided! He'll work with Dwayne Dibbly

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If the bookies are to be believed it looks like former Borussia Dortmund manager Lucien Favre stands a good chance of being Palace's new manager.

Out of the managers that have been mentioned, unfortunately I reckon he could well be a decent choice based on his track record. I'd imagine the Palace fans would be pleased with the appointment if it happens.
I'm a bit surprised Spurs haven't been sniffing around him.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If the bookies are to be believed it looks like former Borussia Dortmund manager Lucien Favre stands a good chance of being Palace's new manager.

Out of the managers that have been mentioned, unfortunately I reckon he could well be a decent choice based on his track record. I'd imagine the Palace fans would be pleased with the appointment if it happens.

Or Everton... Cant imagine the Palace job being very appealing... Can only think they will do it the Palace way.. Chuck loads of Wonga at him.

Dec 17, 2015

This will be a very good appointment, if they can get it over the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here