Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Smug Eddie’s approach of I’ll wait around for when the Southampton job becomes available is pretty arrogant. It’s clear that he doesn’t want to move house which is reasonable enough but he really must be arrogant to think that he’ll just be a shoo-in for Southampton. I hope Ralf stays there and Eddie can twiddle his thumbs for the next few years.

You are making a big assumption there, unless I have missed Smug suggesting this, which I think would be highly unlikely?

CH hung around for a long time after Norwich and Albion waiting for a job he fancied, maybe Smug is doing the same. He is probably still quite a desirable manager for a lower PL club I imagine.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fourth choice for the palace job - how's that going to taste?

Far be it for me to fuel our deranged wing of Potter acolytes.
But can you imagine the difficulty the Albion would have in replacing GPott?

"All we can offer you is:-

An average squad age of 25.
Most contracted for at least 2 more seasons.
Internationals throughout the first team and bench.
Internationally recognised under 18 and under 23's playing in their top division.
A solid management structure above, who wants you.
The stadium.
The training complex.

Is there anything else we can tempt you with?"

shortbread?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Be fair in the glossy promo video it clearly states "Late 2018"

Meaning they've only had two and a half years to build it.
Not the three and a half years that could be misconstrued as.

Look it says so right here in the video they posted 17th December 2017, four and a half years ago:-

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You are making a big assumption there, unless I have missed Smug suggesting this, which I think would be highly unlikely?

CH hung around for a long time after Norwich and Albion waiting for a job he fancied, maybe Smug is doing the same. He is probably still quite a desirable manager for a lower PL club I imagine.

Always thought he would be ideal for a resurgent Reading. Obviously a long time waiting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
95A2B428-E188-4998-8B6B-3E42393CD6B7.png

Of course he’s joining them - it was announced yesterday...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Smuggy is a boyhood Everton fan. Just saying.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well this had cheered me up. I think Nuno would have lifted the squad massively with his not being of well into retirement age. I bet the players (well the few left) were looking forward to be told about playing football again after all those years of antifootball. Never mind.

What a pissant club.

Please not the creepy Pardew. I hope he never returns to the country let alone managing a club here.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well this had cheered me up. I think Nuno would have lifted the squad massively with his not being of well into retirement age. I bet the players (well the few left) were looking forward to be told about playing football again after all those years of antifootball. Never mind.

What a pissant club.

Please not the creepy Pardew. I hope he never returns to the country let alone managing a club here.

The new candidate has come out of nowhere, I hope they get him, I'm always up for introducing good new foreign managers. At 1/5 on in the betting they have Fukon Nowun.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

What a pissant club.

He seems to be a bit of a split personality. When you meet him, he comes across as the most normal of blokes. But there's all the other stuff you hear about...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think we'd better cut Beaky some slack. I bet his 'phone is at breaking point what with all the offers for Dibley and top class managers applying for the vacancy there

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is no way a club as well ran as palace will be running around scraping the barrel for managers after knowing Roy was on his way for half a season. There is no way they would wait deep in to the euros or transfer window to secure a manager when they need every available week to rebuild an ageing and out of contract squad. Am sure all of that detailed planning will come together as smoothly as the new stand progress.

Well ran club that lot up the road [emoji1782]

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The word on the streets of East Surrey yesterday was that John Terry was being interviewed for the vacancy.
Just a rumour probably, sure someone said it was mentioned on Talksport.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here