Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Kudos to our recruitment team

25 Not allowed!
    Can't think of a first team recruit that hasn't come off this season. Even Locadia scoring on his debut.

What a scouting network we have. If we stay up, I suspect we'll strengthen again and no reason to assume they won't do equally well. So much right about this club.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Is he a scout?
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

ARE YOU THICK? It's etc not ect FFS

12 Not allowed!
      Lest we forget ....
      Ryan ... too short/liability/Stockdale
      The greyhound ... worst debut ever, ever ever
      Gross, too slow
      Propper, Dutch, bound to be shit/ quiet
      Jose, moody south American, what were we thinking of
      Locadia, desperate last ditch signing, injured, probably won't ever play for us
      Krul, see Propper.
      I just hope Steve Alzate turns out to be alright.
      Think of how stupid the average person is....
      ........and realise half of them are stupider than that.

3 Not allowed!
      Our scouting successes go back a lot further than this season. Being a glass half empty type I feared for us after Ewan Chester went to Birmingham, and as usual there was nothing to worry about. We're blessed with an incredible behind the scenes set up - scouting, recruitment, coaching, physios et al. There can't be many teams who have been able to field pretty much their first choice eleven season on season as we have done, I mean look at Palace's injury list...

0 Not allowed!
      Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing. So far, no duds

8 Not allowed!
      The recruitment over the last 3 years has been extraordinary, going back to King Kayal.

All of the incoming have proven worthwhile additions who have incrementally strengthened the squad.
      It has been a masterclass in how to build a premier league squad on the quiet.
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can't think of a first team recruit that hasn't come off this season. Even Locadia scoring on his debut.

What a scouting network we have. If we stay up, I suspect we'll strengthen again and no reason to assume they won't do equally well. So much right about this club.
      I agree totally.

Regarding next season, should we stay up, which positions do you think are most in need of an upgrade?

We have a fairly balanced looking squad, so would we be only looking to strengthen the supporting roles, Skalak and Rosenior perhaps? Possibly replace the aging Sidwell and Bruno? Or are we going to be ruthless and replace one or more first team regulars?
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
      Members

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think the interesting thing about our recruitment team is that they have knowledge of football outside the top 2 divisions of English football, and don't just look at players who played against us last season, or those in the twilight of their Premier League career. In short, they know what they are doing, whereas us fans haven't got a Scoobie...

1 Not allowed!
      If we stay up some definite upgrades required as we strive to become a permanent fixture in England’s elite division.

Left back - Bong and Suttner have done okay but plenty of room for improvement. Ideally someone more technically self assured who offers more going forward.

Right back - The ageing Bruno won’t have much left in the tank. The unorthodox Schelotto I’m still not convinced by. Offers a threat going forward but technically woeful and I’m not convinced by the defensive aspect of his game.

Centre mid - a stronger back five would give Propper more of a license to get forward with the addition of a better CM to partner him. A £20-25 mil bid for Werder Bremen’s Thomas Delaney should be enough to secure his signature.

Right Wing - like both Knockeart and March but feel we need an upgrade.

Striker - relatively cheap option will be Ulloa. Locadia as the preferred option playing off Pascal Gross, with the Argentian as back up.

Probably looking at £60-65 for all that. Not unreasonable given what we’ve already spent since promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dickinson Looking for Crofts.....Its in the bag for Brighton!!!!!

1 Not allowed!
      NSC is so dull when the team are 12th, have amassed 31 points, and haven't lost since 20.01.18.
      Made all the worse when palace have only won twice all year.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".