Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you have taken 15th, 3 points clear of the bottom 3 in mid-Jan on the 1st September?

On the 1st September, would you have taken where we are now?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • No - I expected us to be higher placed

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was at a party yesterday evening, and there was much Albion discussion with the likes of [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION], [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION], [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION], [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION].

One thing I think we all agreed on, was that if on the 1st September when we'd failed to sign the striker we were looking for (and had failed to score in our first three games), someone offered us this...

- 15th place
- 3 points clear of the bottom three
- Some January transfer business still possible/probable

...then we'd all have taken it.

So, put aside what happened yesterday - would you have taken where we are on the 1st September?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
On the 1st of September, yes. After the run of games that saw us break into the top 10 I would’ve hoped for more. Not a lot more mind you. Turning, say two of our draws into wins would see us in 10th (the home games against Everton and Bournemouth spring to mind).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, I want us to stay up this season and given our run in, we needed to be much further clear at this point.

We don't need snookers, but it's not long until we start needing a result against the big 6. I don't think there's any chance we'll go into the Liverpool away game safe. We may need a result there, but Liverpool may need the result for the top 4.

I'm not doom and gloom and I'm not unhappy in any way, but I think we're sleepwalking towards relegation at the moment. We need to start finding a pair and attack teams, especially away from home, otherwise we're going to do a Middlesbrough and go down without a fight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, not a chance.

We are in extreme danger now of relegation, realistically needing 4 points minimum from Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham just to tread water and stay still.

We are in deep, deep trouble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. As others have said, we have a very difficult run in. I don't think we will pick up one point in March and in April we may get home points against Huddersfield but are likely to lose to Tottenham, Burnley and the scum. And of course, being in the relegation zone come May is the nightmare scenario. When we come up against the likes of Utd and Liverpool, our only hope is that they are resting players as they have secured their positions in the league and have other more important games ahead of them!!!!

Let's see where we are at 5pm on the 24th Feb. Probably then we can start seriously planning for which division we'll be in next year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, not a chance.

We are in extreme danger now of relegation, realistically needing 4 points minimum from Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham just to tread water and stay still.

I wonder if that has got through to those at the top not just us hard core fans. The lickers cannot see the wood from the trees and would probably say yes they would have accepted it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I was at a party yesterday evening, and there was much Albion discussion with the likes of [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION], [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION], [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION], [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION].

One thing I think we all agreed on, was that if on the 1st September when we'd failed to sign the striker we were looking for (and had failed to score in our first three games), someone offered us this...

- 15th place
- 3 points clear of the bottom three
- Some January transfer business still possible/probable

...then we'd all have taken it.

So, put aside what happened yesterday - would you have taken where we are on the 1st September?

yup no question
are you in a better mood today grumpy?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Back then - probably but only because I was convinced we would be glued to the bottom four or five (or worse) all season.

Now - not convinced because we have done better, but are going downwards. We have drawn too many games we could/should have won, and are starting to loose games we should at least draw or be looking for a result.

Also we can't defend corners or score goals. I think we have been found out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I wouldn't, given that we've played 4 games of the second half of the season, but not played a top 8 side twice yet.

I've not voted, as I'm not saying I expected us to have done better, but I wouldn't have taken this position.

Not having signed a striker yet is poor. We have prepared to fail.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I had us with more points ... when looking at the fixtures I didn't have us getting much from last 10 games so at this stage

I thought we would need around 27. It doesn't mean I thought we were good enough to be 7th it was just the way the games came out of the hat. I had us finishing 16th ... even now I have us 17th so all is not lost (yet)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No, not a chance.

We're 4 points off 9th, that's hardly deep deep trouble. Just depends on which way you're looking, but if you keep looking over your shoulder you will trip up.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we were on an upward trajectory like Palace and West Ham then yes but the way we’re currently heading, definitely not.

Unless we pull something out of the bag signings wise, it’s going to be very, very difficult to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here