Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer spending in the Championship this summer

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They'll be competing with the likes of Villa, Wednesday, Norwich and Fulham for the promotion spots. Reading and Sheffield United maybe. No devine right, even if they are throwing the parachute money around.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hopefully they fook it up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They'll be competing with the likes of Villa, Wednesday, Norwich and Fulham for the promotion spots. Reading and Sheffield United maybe. No devine right, even if they are throwing the parachute money around.

Sheffield United?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Got a feeling they will continue doing well under Wilder. If they finish rock bottom I'll bounce this thread with my profuse apologies Munkfish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure where all the Boro hype comes from, Harry Monk did an average job at Swansea, should have done better at Leeds from the position they were in after beating us and all of a sudden he is the messiah who is going to make Boro smash the Championship

Perhaps he's a decent manager at best, but he's been given an array (by Championship standards) of talents to work with?

I care for Leeds no more than anyone else here, but they over performed, a big improvement on the the 15 years of wilderness before last season. Beating Brighton at home was no great achievement - quite a few teams did that last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this what parachute payments were designed for? I didnt think so more to pay the wages of high earners when they left the Premier not bring in equally high earners or pay transfer fees.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is this what parachute payments were designed for? I didnt think so more to pay the wages of high earners when they left the Premier not bring in equally high earners or pay transfer fees.

I wonder if Boro will have more money in the bank than just that, possibly not having spent much of their initial season's £100m?

As well as unloading many highly paid players such as Guzan and Valdes, with Downing off.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just doing a NUFC from last year, it worked for them with the massive parachute

Or doing a Villa ..they bought massively last Summer and then....oops

Difference between those two was that NUFC got in early and hoovered up all the best Championship players. AV left it late and paid for whoever was left at ridiculous prices. (and they had Di Matteo_

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Perhaps he's a decent manager at best, but he's been given an array (by Championship standards) of talents to work with?

I care for Leeds no more than anyone else here, but they over performed, a big improvement on the the 15 years of wilderness before last season. Beating Brighton at home was no great achievement - quite a few teams did that last season.

Only 5 other teams out of 23 did (Norwich, Forest, Huddersfield, Preston, Newcastle) .

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Boro have now agreed a £7m fee for Ashley Fletcher.

A player with 5 league goals in his career.

Crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here