Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There were lies told on both sides of the 2016 debate. The losing side has chosen to make an issue of it being the reason for their loss. As you imply, this does not follow. The vote was not ‘stolen.’ If I am over sensitive it is because it is the tactics used by Trump so a bit rich really.

I think you're getting confused. You likened the Second Referendum marches to the assault on Capitol Hall, which is plainly ridiculous. And those seeking a second referendum were NOT claiming the vote was stolen. They were advocating for the chance to put the Deal to the vote. Hardly anti-democratic. Anyway, as you said earlier, best leave this to the Bear Pit!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you're getting confused. You likened the Second Referendum marches to the assault on Capitol Hall, which is plainly ridiculous. And those seeking a second referendum were NOT claiming the vote was stolen. They were advocating for the chance to put the Deal to the vote. Hardly anti-democratic. Anyway, as you said earlier, best leave this to the Bear Pit!!

Actually I didn’t. That was a different poster. I don’t remember your marches and I am sure they passed off peacefully.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I got banned from Twitter for 12 days because when changing my business account title and details I stupidly placed in the 2012 date of the company birth rather than mine.

Trump incites a riot sees five people killed says well done etc and gets 12 hours...

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
We can take it as read that some here won’t like her or Breitbart

With very good reason as that article amply demonstrates.

'Trump has sold out everyone who was ever faithful to him — Jeff Sessions, Kris Kobach, Chris Christie, Milo Yiannopoulos, Gavin McInnes, the Proud Boys, Corey Lewandowski, Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, and, of course, his own voters'.

Those poor dears, the facist proud boys, nazi Steve, paedo defender Milo and that lovely, decent, man Rudy. All sold out by Trump. What a disgrace. If only he'd stuck by them and their agendas, all would have been well...jeez.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Ann Coulter: Here’s the Truth About Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...r-elections-over-heres-the-truth-about-trump/

An interesting read, I thought.

(We can take it as read that some here won’t like her or Breitbart, so don’t click if that’s the case)

Genuine question: What did you find interesting?

It should come as no surprise that the rats are leaving a sinking ship. She managed to get a few good dog whistles in there too, for good measure.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Goodness, could be the end of the Republican Party if they go with that kind of narrative

I think people forget that the Republican party had been moving to the far right, long before Trump came along. The tea party movement started this, and those people are still around. All that will happen is that the Republicans will try and pretend that Trump didn't happen but continue with similar policies whilst trying to find a new populist leader. You're seeing Ted Cruz jockeying for this, but he has no hope. My money is on Tom Cotton.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Genuine question: What did you find interesting?

It should come as no surprise that the rats are leaving a sinking ship. She managed to get a few good dog whistles in there too, for good measure.

I’d have assumed she was pro-Trump but evidently isn’t or at least is no longer. Judging by the comments, she’s angered a lot of her fans and must’ve known this would happen, but has done it anyway.

I don’t know about sinking ship in her case as she knows she’ll never be welcomed in by the opposition. I doubt she'd want to be.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ann Coulter: Here’s the Truth About Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...r-elections-over-heres-the-truth-about-trump/

An interesting read, I thought.

(We can take it as read that some here won’t like her or Breitbart, so don’t click if that’s the case)

Georgia is interesting, especially the senate race. In most countries if those Republicans had been found using confidential briefings to enrich themselves via the stock market (especially Loefller who is incredibly rich anyway) it wouldn't have been close but in the US they still nearly won, and would have if not for Trump's antics.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
nurse, he's out of bed again

:ffsparr:

(can't do the twitter thing properly,)

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I’d have assumed she was pro-Trump but evidently isn’t or at least is no longer. Judging by the comments, she’s angered a lot of her fans and must’ve known this would happen, but has done it anyway.

I don’t know about sinking ship in her case as she knows she’ll never be welcomed in by the opposition. I doubt she'd want to be.

She is just taking a calculated risk, if she nails her colours to Trump's mast, and Trump goes down/ and the republicans disown him (both likely) then her career is over as a Political pundit. By doing what she is, she takes a short term hit (but gains clicks from disgruntled Trumpers) but is then able to get behind the next person that the far right throws up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The calls for impeachment/25th amendment removal need to continue. A good proportion of those involved in this insurrection were fascists. I don't mean fascists in the Rik from the Young Ones sense of a fashionable label to give anyone who disagrees with you, I mean actual fascists waving third reich inspired flags and wearing t-shirts that denied or celebrated the holocaust, whilst trying to defeat democracy with violence. The disgusting attempts of a significant element of the Republican party to follow Trump's lead and benefit from the support of this section by denying reality was reminiscent of the German Conservatives' attempts to try to control and benefit from the popular message of the Nazis in the thirties. You can't control madness and denial of reality. It will eat you in the same way it will eat your opponents.

The vast majority of Republican politicians have been complicit in this approach, either because of cowardice or convenience. They now need to be made to own or reject it. There is an outside chance that this overreach will be the beginning of a more widespread dismissal of populism in America, similar to the national shame that followed Joseph McCarthy's fall. People like Cruz and Hawley (a man who's presidential ambitions appeared and then completely disappeared in less than a week) have chosen to side with those who reject reality. All the rest of them need to be put in a position where they are forced to choose. They need to be made to convict and condemn or to publicly proclaim their allegiance with those who reject democracy. This is a chance to end the benefits of backing both horses in a race between truth and lies. It needs to be taken now whilst the dangers are clear and fresh in everyone's minds. The attempts to re-frame this into something less threatening than it was are likely to be weeks, if not days, away from having the chance to take hold.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Please let the story on Twitter be true. The suggestion is that the 55 year old protester/rioter/terrorist (delete as applicable) who died of a "medical emergency" had a taser in his pocket which he managed to discharge repeatedly on his testicles whilst trying to steal a painting. This resulted in a fatal heart attack.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
From the BBC website. Direct and principled action against the forces trying to subvert democracy;

‘Senator Josh Hawley has had his upcoming book cancelled by its publishers following Wednesday’s riot.

The Missouri Republican senator objected to Joe Biden’s presidential election win and called for an investigation into alleged voter fraud.

Publishers Simon & Schulster announced on Thursday that it was cancelling his upcoming book, The Tyranny of Big Tech.

"As a publisher it will always be our mission to amplify a variety of voices and viewpoints: at the same time we take seriously our larger public responsibility as citizens, and cannot support Senator Hawley after his role in what became a dangerous threat to our democracy and freedom,” the publishing house said in a statement.

Hawley described the cancellation as “Orwellian” and claimed it was a “direct assault on the First Amendment” in a statement on Twitter.’

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
She is just taking a calculated risk, if she nails her colours to Trump's mast, and Trump goes down/ and the republicans disown him (both likely) then her career is over as a Political pundit. By doing what she is, she takes a short term hit (but gains clicks from disgruntled Trumpers) but is then able to get behind the next person that the far right throws up.

Spot on I think. She's aiming to have her cake and eat it. Disowning Trump himself, whilst continuing to align herself with the most unsavoury aspects of his agenda, so as to be in a good position to take advantage when the next tin-pot populist comes along.

Not that interesting really.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hawley described the cancellation as “Orwellian” and claimed it was a “direct assault on the First Amendment” in a statement on Twitter.’

its sad when a politician cant tell the difference between free speech and editorial preference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly not so much a deal to get off charges.
Quite likely a deal to not get any more:-

[tweet]1347547696635248640[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here