Page 536 of 781 FirstFirst ... 36436486526533534535536537538539546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 7803

Thread: Trump

  1. #5351
    Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    11,139


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said for many years "Show me the politician least like a politician and I will vote for them".

    My feel was, as you suggest here, politics was stagnant and politicians of all sides were complacent and needed a massive kick up the arse.

    You are right it is a huge pity.

    I haven't said it since Trump.
    So you can't have voted for anyone in years in Australian politics then?

    Nobody in Labor, Greens or Liberals fits your bill of not being like a politician.
    They are all self serving and want to dictate to people how they should think and live.

    Did you find a minority party to support?
    It's a marathon, not a sprint.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #5352
      Members Mental Lental's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Shiki-shi, Saitama
      Posts
      1,832


      1 Not allowed!
      I just discovered that he actually fired the US Pandemic Response team back in 2018 (maybe this has already been covered on this thread?)

      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

      I had to Snopes it cos as shit as he is I thought even he couldn't be that stupid. It turns out he is.

      What a knob.
    • #5353
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      57,561


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mental Lental View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I just discovered that he actually fired the US Pandemic Response team back in 2018 (maybe this has already been covered on this thread?)

      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

      I had to Snopes it cos as shit as he is I thought even he couldn't be that stupid. It turns out he is.

      What a knob.
      Yes he did.
      Yes it has.

      &

      Yes he denied it saying someone else did it.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #5354
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      12,623


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So you can't have voted for anyone in years in Australian politics then?

      Nobody in Labor, Greens or Liberals fits your bill of not being like a politician.
      They are all self serving and want to dictate to people how they should think and live.

      Did you find a minority party to support?
      I always vote TB. However I am yet to find a politician or party to really get behind.

      Usually the best of a bad lot for me I am afraid.

      I sometimes wish I had your devotion but I haven't found anyone that I think deserves it as yet.

      Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    • #5355
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      11,139


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I always vote TB. However I am yet to find a politician or party to really get behind.

      Usually the best of a bad lot for me I am afraid.

      I sometimes wish I had your devotion but I haven't found anyone that I think deserves it as yet.

      Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
      See I can't go with that "best of a bad lot". I haven't voted for a party in many an election.
      Last election the choices were Labor, Liberal, Greens and Socialist Party.
      I'm not voting for any of them simply based on "best of a bad lot".

      I live in the Corio seat, 40 years it's been a Labor safe seat Federally and State. So Labor don't even have to work for the vote in that seat, it's just gifted by partisan idiots.

      Yet somehow it contains the most disadvantaged suburbs in the district despite Labor supposedly being the working peoples party.

      My question is how do these people keep voting for the same party that keeps leading to the same outcome.

      That I can be fined for not voting is the biggest disgrace. Forcing people to vote for people and parties who don't deserve it is the biggest insult.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #5356

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by So.CalGull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How are those election promises working out...?

      Hilary is in Jail.

      The wall has been built and paid for by Mexico.

      Obamacare has been taken down and replaced.

      All illegal immigrants removed.


      You know what, you are 100% bang on.

      Continue.
      Hillary in jail wasn't a promise, most have been completed.

      Immigration taxes would pay for it, wall.

      https://www.trumpwall.construction/

      A lot have been removed bar sanctuaru cities where they are a covid risk.
    • #5357
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      12,623


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      See I can't go with that "best of a bad lot". I haven't voted for a party in many an election.
      Last election the choices were Labor, Liberal, Greens and Socialist Party.
      I'm not voting for any of them simply based on "best of a bad lot".

      I live in the Corio seat, 40 years it's been a Labor safe seat Federally and State. So Labor don't even have to work for the vote in that seat, it's just gifted by partisan idiots.

      Yet somehow it contains the most disadvantaged suburbs in the district despite Labor supposedly being the working peoples party.

      My question is how do these people keep voting for the same party that keeps leading to the same outcome.

      That I can be fined for not voting is the biggest disgrace. Forcing people to vote for people and parties who don't deserve it is the biggest insult.
      When you say you haven't voted for a party, have you found any impressive individuals to vote for? I think I found one reasonably impressive last time.

      I think that everyone keeps voting for the same partie expecting the same outcome. The difference between the two main parties is not that stark. Neither are interested in solving the problems in said disadvantaged suburbs. That would take a massive change in political thinking. No-one votes for such a huge change and no-one expects said change. If that is what you are looking for then I am not surprised you haven't voted for so long.

      To me though the best of a bad lot is better than the worst of a bad lot. I enjoy my tiny protest in putting smaller parties first and dream that one day other people will join me in trying something different. But as you say we always know how it will end up.

      I agree with your last comment. I think that fining people for not voting is highly undemocratic.
    • #5358
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      11,139


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think that everyone keeps voting for the same partie expecting the same outcome. The difference between the two main parties is not that stark. Neither are interested in solving the problems in said disadvantaged suburbs. That would take a massive change in political thinking. No-one votes for such a huge change and no-one expects said change. If that is what you are looking for then I am not surprised you haven't voted for so long.

      To me though the best of a bad lot is better than the worst of a bad lot. I enjoy my tiny protest in putting smaller parties first and dream that one day other people will join me in trying something different. But as you say we always know how it will end up.

      I agree with your last comment. I think that fining people for not voting is highly undemocratic.
      That's one thing I'd love to see in the US is a more diverse political system. Like we have here, where at least micro parties can exist.

      In California you'd have progressive parties winning seats and in other states the Libertarian Party would do well.

      Two sets of groups that would be more beneficial to keeping the likes of Democrats and Republicans in check.

      Look at how the progressives end up in the Democrats, they have all folded up quickly into being good like corporate Democrats these days.

      The only politician who actually stood up to this recent corporate bail out in the guise of a financial stimulus was a Libertarian in the Republican Party.

      If there were more parties then there would be more voices being heard.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #5359
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Brighton. Well Hove actually
      Posts
      12,976


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That I can be fined for not voting is the biggest disgrace. Forcing people to vote for people and parties who don't deserve it is the biggest insult.
      Personally I like that, though living in the UK I don´t have to. You can always spoil your ballot, which is a far better protest than not voting
      First REMF goalscorer - EVER
    • #5360

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Soylent Blue View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hillary in jail wasn't a promise, most have been completed.

      Immigration taxes would pay for it, wall.

      https://www.trumpwall.construction/

      A lot have been removed bar sanctuaru cities where they are a covid risk.
      No, they really haven't...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •