Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As it looks like he has exhausted the legal option - Supreme Court being the highest court there - I guess his options are to allow Biden in, or follow the path that sees Pelosi take over.

I can't wait for the next installment.
He doesn't get that choice

Biden will be inaugurated on January 21st, whether Trump concedes or not in the mean time makes no difference to that whatsoever.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As it looks like he has exhausted the legal option - Supreme Court being the highest court there - I guess his options are to allow Biden in, or follow the path that sees Pelosi take over.

Not quite; he has three options. First, he can hope for faithless electors swinging the college vote his way. Second, the choice of the electoral college has to be confirmed by Congress - this is normally a formality, but who knows? Finally, he could lead a military coup.

I'd say that all three are extremely unlikely but they are options

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Electoral college vote tomorrow (monday) should finally see off the orange loser's deranged attempts to overturn the results of a democratically held election. Shame on the spineless Republican Party for not slapping him down earlydoors

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Electoral college vote tomorrow (monday) should finally see off the orange loser's deranged attempts to overturn the results of a democratically held election. Shame on the spineless Republican Party for not slapping him down earlydoors
Looking forward to Pence having to read out the electoral college results on Jan 6th.

It's going to be a bit awkward for him to formally announce that the cry baby god-emperor is a loser. Lol.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Holy mackerel.

He's pardoning Russian asset Assange.

Putin will be pleased.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Holy mackerel.

He's pardoning Russian asset Assange.

Putin will be pleased.

Assange is a hero, revealed so much corruption and wrongdoing. In a different time era people would have loved him but it seems these days people are too fond of the establishment to appreciate anyone showing what leading politicans etc are up to behind closed doors.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Assange is a hero, revealed so much corruption and wrongdoing. In a different time era people would have loved him but it seems these days people are too fond of the establishment to appreciate anyone showing what leading politicans etc are up to behind closed doors.

I don't disagree with that statement

But what is Trump's Motivation in pardoning him, given that his so called crimes are against the US Security , which Trump always maintains is his No1 Priority ? Especially since he is in a rush to Execute more people before January 20th

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't disagree with that statement

But what is Trump's Motivation in pardoning him, given that his so called crimes are against the US Security , which Trump always maintains is his No1 Priority ? Especially since he is in a rush to Execute more people before January 20th

Well, what is Trumps motivation for doing anything really? I think a lot of people, especially Democrats, are going to be annoyed with this decision and thats probably all the motivation he needs.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Guardian reporting that "William Barr steps down as Trump's attorney general". Game over now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

shame Assange became corrupted himself, thought he bigger than wikileaks and screwed over those that put themselves at risk. he certainly no hero.

i cant see a pardon, it would piss off everyone and gain him a tiny little credibilty with a fringe group. reckon some on twitter pumping this (and Snowden) to goad Trump.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Lot of people saying Barr's resignation letter was drafted by Trump and signed by Barr. Makes you wonder what Trump did or was about to do that even the amoral Barr found it repugnant enough to resign. Maybe he was just getting out before the proverbial hits the fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here