Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Mike Pompeo, apparently, has aspirations of a presidential run himself one day. I think he should really start thinking about the longer term and less about pleasing a dictator who has lost power. I certainly hope Pompeo does run one day, and is the nominee. I can't imagine he can whip up the sort of cult following that Trump, somehow, has.

MickyD

Nov 10, 2020
How can anyone not love all this drama from over the pond! Two old codgers fighting for the helm. We're going to have to see what the courts say whether there's any fraud or not. Cant trust anything at the moment but strongly expect Biden to move in in January. Questions going to be whether Trump goes again for 2024. If the republicans reject him then he'd go independant and steal half the republican base no doubt which would be the best case scenario for the Dems..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cant trust anything at the moment but strongly expect Biden to move in in January.

Yes we can. Biden won the election - by quite a long way. The legal arguments are spurious and being laughed out of court.

It's over.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Trump has had a clear out of the pentagon, anyone prepared to hazard a guess what his next move is?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So Trump has had a clear out of the pentagon, anyone prepared to hazard a guess what his next move is?

I'm amazed Fauci still has a job, although as soon as Trump kicks him out, Biden will add him to his Covid-19 taskforce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I think it would be better for your long term job prospects to be fired now, as opposed to remain in position or worse still hired now..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not quite sure why he is allowed any power at this point when he is on his way out. Dont think people would complain if there was a little bit of low key anarchy at this point. If Trump tells you that you are fired, just say no.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Questions going to be whether Trump goes again for 2024. If the republicans reject him then he'd go independant and steal half the republican base no doubt which would be the best case scenario for the Dems..

Can't see it myself, it would be tough campaigning from a prison cell

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
How can anyone not love all this drama from over the pond! Two old codgers fighting for the helm. We're going to have to see what the courts say whether there's any fraud or not. Cant trust anything at the moment but strongly expect Biden to move in in January. Questions going to be whether Trump goes again for 2024. If the republicans reject him then he'd go independant and steal half the republican base no doubt which would be the best case scenario for the Dems..

Hey Looney, how's it going?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

You can trust that there has been electoral fraud in every state, attempting to benefit both Trump and Biden - it almost certainly happens in every election worldwide - but nothing of the scale that would overturn the tens of thousands of votes (and counting) that Biden leads in all of the key swing states where unsubstantiated claims have been made. One case has been proved, I believe, and that was a Trump fan voting on behalf of his dead granny.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Yes.

Esper was fired because he flatly refused for the military to be used on the streets to break up riots or resolve civil disputes.

He has been replaced with a loyal Trump "yes man" lackey.

Today A Texas GOP politician has offered 1 million reward for any proof of voter fraud...... this I reckon will fail as there is no grand conspiracy .

The next step (and thus the shake up at the Pentagon and instillation of a puppet Head of defense). Is Trump will try and get the state legislators in certain key states (and especially those with republican legislatures) to award the electoral college votes slates to him and not Biden

Of course that would be outrageous, but it is legal and constitutional...... Each state has to submit x many electoral college votes which has always been given entirely to the winner of that state, but that is not a constitutional requirement.

I'd hazard a guess this is in Trumps thinking, its being mooted in some US publications, he has GOP legislatures in many of the battleground states - Trump will cite he has to because of the rampant fraud - Supreme court will not be able to intervene as electoral college slate per state, is decided by the legislature of each state.

Of course, this would be an effective coup, but one allowable under the constitution and not foreseen.

This would lead to the type of widespread riots where you would need the military (and a puppet leader) to quell it.

Sounds fantastical, its being widely mooted as a possibility and this a poundshop dictator hell bent on retaining power.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The next step (and thus the shake up at the Pentagon and instillation of a puppet Head of defense). Is Trump will try and get the state legislators in certain key states (and especially those with republican legislatures) to award the electoral college votes slates to him and not Biden

Of course that would be outrageous, but it is legal and constitutional...... Each state has to submit x many electoral college votes which has always been given entirely to the winner of that state, but that is not a constitutional requirement.

While it is true that this is possible, in practice, any electors who have tried to do this have been replaced. And I'm not sure how it will help anyway, Democrats would be in the majority so there'd need to be several D voters switching their votes: why would they do this?

(BTW not every state has to give their votes entirely to the winner of that state; Nebraska and Maine split their EC votes)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
While it is true that this is possible, in practice, any electors who have tried to do this have been replaced. And I'm not sure how it will help anyway, Democrats would be in the majority so there'd need to be several D voters switching their votes: why would they do this?

(BTW not every state has to give their votes entirely to the winner of that state; Nebraska and Maine split their EC votes)

Yes Nebraska and Maine do use the split congressional district method, but that is already enshrined in those states before the election, the other states have always given all electoral college votes to the single candidate who wins in that state.

But it isn't a constitutional requirement.

It does sound far fetched that Trump would try and get individual states to give him the electoral college slate for the state in which Biden got more votes, but it is entirely possible and constitutional

I don't know why you think Dems would be in a majority? The house of reps involvement (with Dem majority) is only prescient in a 269 tie. If neither could get a majority, it would then go by state votes, (and there's more red than blue) and not individual Congress men/women.

In Georgia, for instance. You have an entirely republican legislature and governor. They can award the electoral college slate to Trump, even with a Biden win. It's just never been done before and would spark a constitutional crises.

This was written back in March, but outlines the electoral college steal mechanism. This is Trump, he will def try this on imho.

Only question is if the GOP allows?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-election/608989/

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes.

Esper was fired because he flatly refused for the military to be used on the streets to break up riots or resolve civil disputes.

He has been replaced with a loyal Trump "yes man" lackey.

Today A Texas GOP politician has offered 1 million reward for any proof of voter fraud...... this I reckon will fail as there is no grand conspiracy .

I'd hazard a guess this is in Trumps thinking, its being mooted in some US publications, he has GOP legislatures in many of the battleground states - Trump will cite he has to because of the rampant fraud - Supreme court will not be able to intervene as electoral college slate per state, is decided by the legislature of each state.

Of course, this would be an effective coup, but one allowable under the constitution and not foreseen.

This would lead to the type of widespread riots where you would need the military (and a puppet leader) to quell it.

Sounds fantastical, its being widely mooted as a possibility and this a poundshop dictator hell bent on retaining power.
There'd be a general strike if Trump steals the election. I think it is more likely his stooges are there to "shred the documents" and throw confusion over Trump's getaway dash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here