Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When have the democrats claimed they won't accept the result?

Not seen anything from either the party or its followers to suggest they won't admit defeat... Unlike the other side (or one person in particular!)

Don't pretend that this is a problem on both sides. Only one person has refused to say that democracy is more important than him winning. Only one is talking openly about winning in the courts not by the ballot.

[TWEET]1322378847711563776[/TWEET]

Also, don't forget that the media called the election for GW Bush, once they announced that, it was "over". Very shady and not certain he actually won. The media have a lot of power over the narrative and they are overwhelmingly in favor of one candidate. Best thing we can hope for is that whoever wins wins big. Otherwise I don't really trust either side to be graceful and honest about the result if they lose. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
& the possible reasons is...that the Obama administration was scandal free right?

Even Joe Biden had the nerve to say that. "For Eight Years, There Wasn't One Single Hint of a Scandal or a Lie".

How about Benghazi and the subsequent coverup, Fast and Furious (ATF gunwalking scandal), Secret Service Colombia prostitution scandal and subsequent coverup, wiretapping of Associated Press reporters and editors, $1.6 billion payment to Iran, IRS political targeting, Snowden, VA scandal, Project Cassandra, "Flexibility" hot-mic moment with Dmitry Medvedev...

What exactly is the coverup relating to Benghazi?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
& the possible reasons is...that the Obama administration was scandal free right?

Even Joe Biden had the nerve to say that. "For Eight Years, There Wasn't One Single Hint of a Scandal or a Lie".

How about Benghazi and the subsequent coverup, Fast and Furious (ATF gunwalking scandal), Secret Service Colombia prostitution scandal and subsequent coverup, wiretapping of Associated Press reporters and editors, $1.6 billion payment to Iran, IRS political targeting, Snowden, VA scandal, Project Cassandra, "Flexibility" hot-mic moment with Dmitry Medvedev...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381963-Joe-Biden

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

There wasn't one. The republicans investigated it multiple times to discredit Hillary Clinton and found the square root of **** all but have ever since claimed a cover up whilst providing no plausible evidence whatsoever. It's a succesful tactic though, because despite no wrong doing republicans have repeatedly used it to smear Clinton and the democrats and rile up their base.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
[TWEET]1322378847711563776[/TWEET]

Also, don't forget that the media called the election for GW Bush, once they announced that, it was "over". Very shady and not certain he actually won. The media have a lot of power over the narrative and they are overwhelmingly in favor of one candidate. Best thing we can hope for is that whoever wins wins big. Otherwise I don't really trust either side to be graceful and honest about the result if they lose. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.

He is a pollster defending his profession. He is not speaking for the democrats and, although I suspect he is a democrat, he is not speaking for their supporters.

Again... Only one person is pushing to call the election rigged and suggesting he won't follow the democratically chosen decision of the people of America.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
d045786483b5138fbdac26f6652f6793.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There wasn't one. The republicans investigated it multiple times to discredit Hillary Clinton and found the square root of **** all but have ever since claimed a cover up whilst providing no plausible evidence whatsoever. It's a succesful tactic though, because despite no wrong doing republicans have repeatedly used it to smear Clinton and the democrats and rile up their base.

Thanks but I was really hoping Dingo Man would respond in person but he wouldn't be able to post the same as you because he'd be admitting he post shite!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

It was claimed to have been caused by an inflamatory video, that's what was being said in public. In private communications, at the same time, it was acknowledged to have been a planned attack. The preceding months there had been repeated calls for more security, which were denied. All the while,

"$650,000 on Facebook ads, when they didn’t have enough money for additional security… $5 million was spent on crystal glassware that summer, so there’s a lot of expenditures"

Rescue attempts were also blocked, despite teams being ready to go and only minutes away.

more:

"Gregory Hicks, deputy to murdered US ambassador Christopher Stevens, revealed for the first time in public a detailed account of the desperate few hours after the terrorist attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi...

"While US diplomats were pulling bodies from a burning Libyan consulate and frantically smashing up hard drives last 11 September, their superiors blocked rescue efforts and later attempted to cover up security failings...

https://www.politico.com/blogs/poli...wn-on-criticism-of-clinton-on-benghazi-190868
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/08/benghazi-us-officials-blocked-congress-hearing

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

They tried it again with the "We had LOADS of evidence about Biden but it's all mysteriously disappeared", although this time it seems hardly anyone was dumb enough to actually fall for it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Which one do you think will get more scrutiny?

Trump couldn't get away with cheating at Uno, every move he makes in crtiqued and watched like a hawk, because everyone hates him. Obama, everyone went home because "it's all good, it's Obama". I see I got a lot of sh*t for posting that Obama was a worse President than Trump. People only don't think Obama was that bad because all anyone ever focused on was that smile and wit. Well Obama's Presidency was rife with scandal, and he was one of the most internationally agressive Presidents in recent times too. Domestic spying on U.S. citizens continued and expanded. None of it got the attention it deserved, nor did it get the attention it would have got under Trump. That's one of the reasons I don't think a Trump Presidency is a bad situtation. He couldn't get away with the smallest transgression without being lept on. Good.
So now it's about who gets the most scrutiny?

In all honesty it looks to me like you are suffering from the biases that you are accusing the rest of us of.

I'm out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was claimed to have been caused by an inflamatory video, that's what was being said in public. In private communications, at the same time, it was acknowledged to have been a planned attack. The preceding months there had been repeated calls for more security, which were denied. All the while,

"$650,000 on Facebook ads, when they didn’t have enough money for additional security… $5 million was spent on crystal glassware that summer, so there’s a lot of expenditures"

Rescue attempts were also blocked, despite teams being ready to go and only minutes away.

more:

"Gregory Hicks, deputy to murdered US ambassador Christopher Stevens, revealed for the first time in public a detailed account of the desperate few hours after the terrorist attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi...

"While US diplomats were pulling bodies from a burning Libyan consulate and frantically smashing up hard drives last 11 September, their superiors blocked rescue efforts and later attempted to cover up security failings...

https://www.politico.com/blogs/poli...wn-on-criticism-of-clinton-on-benghazi-190868
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/08/benghazi-us-officials-blocked-congress-hearing

But 10 investigations, including 6 by republicans lay no blame on Obama. However, you seem to know different.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The Democrats/Biden have an ever increasing lead in polling.

A clean sweep is still very much on.

How will Trump take a crushing defeat? Will he try to encourage his Alt Right gun men to fight democracy?

This is my fear. I think he may utter the words; 'Tyrannical Government', knowing full well how his extreme supporters will interpret it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I can't shake the feeling he will win again. And even if he doesn't, he will claim he has, and after 4 years of tacit approval and outright incitement from the ****, a number of his, well armed followers won't be happy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shit for brains is now openly admitting he is trying to steal the election via the courts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't shake the feeling he will win again. And even if he doesn't, he will claim he has, and after 4 years of tacit approval and outright incitement from the ****, a number of his, well armed followers won't be happy.

I don't think he'll win. I am however almost certain that he'll claim victory on Tuesday night before the millions of (heavily Democrat) postal ballots have been counted. The subsequent weeks will be a shambles.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ReD wAvE iS CoMinG.

gEt reAdY foR tHe tRuMp LanDsLIdE

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The red wave is coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here