Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is a large part of the problem. The media have spent decades looking for corruption and seedy behaviour in the shadows, so when it hits them full in the face they don't really know how to react.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some light relief:-

[tweet]1296892397951922176[/tweet]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
oh my

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmfVTOnfWos

Exxon being forced onto twitter to deny they have been bribing Trump for permits...
Not a great advert for that swamp draining service eh?

Every day it gets EVEN more extraordinary to me that this man is President and that almost half of America thinks this is OK

Trump still trollin'

I've got a theory that he's had enough and doesn't really want to do another four years. He is now (more than ever) just doing and saying whatever he wants and whatever he thinks his 'fans' want him to.

For him, as I've said before, it was all about having the title of President, not actually BEING President. However, he'll make just as much noise out of office as he does in. Whether that's next January or January 2025. No one will EVER be as good a president as him...

So he's literally just soliciting bribes out in the open.

This is a large part of the problem. The media have spent decades looking for corruption and seedy behaviour in the shadows, so when it hits them full in the face they don't really know how to react.

Again, it's worth pointing out that, while he speaks pretty poorly, this is not really what it's presented as is it.

If you hear what he says before and after, i.e. bringing up Biden's fundraising, and pointing out the reasons not to do those things, effectively (although not particularly clearly) what he is actually saying was, "[If I did what Biden does], I would be the greatest fundraiser in history...I don’t want to do that because if I do that, I’m totally compromised (i.e. it's corruption)." (Full transcript: https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-rally-transcript-prescott-arizona-october-19)

He's about as clearly spoken as a fruit salad, that's fair enough. But it's been presented as, and you guys appear to have taken it as, "I could (maybe, should? will? would like to?) raise money in ways which are corrupt." When infact he was criticizing his opponent. What he was also doing, which is utterly foolish, was saying that he would be more effective at it than his opponent is, if he did it himself. Crass, dumb, and playing into the hands of the media, but it's still not what you are invited to believe (and apparently have believed) with that video and it's title.

By all means take issue with Trump, he has the personal appeal of a frozen pea most of the time, but I personally find the manipulation by the press to be far more insidious than Trumps lack of charisma and charm.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Again, it's worth pointing out that, while he speaks pretty poorly, this is not really what it's presented as is it.

If you hear what he says before and after, i.e. bringing up Biden's fundraising, and pointing out the reasons not to do those things, effectively (although not particularly clearly) what he is actually saying was, "[If I did what Biden does], I would be the greatest fundraiser in history...I don’t want to do that because if I do that, I’m totally compromised (i.e. it's corruption)."

He's about as clearly spoken as a fruit salad, that's fair enough. But it's been presented as, and you guys appear to have taken it as, "I could (maybe, should? will? would like to?) raise money in ways which are corrupt." When infact he was criticizing his opponent. What he was also doing, which is utterly foolish, was saying that he would be more effective at it than his opponent is, if he did it himself. Crass, dumb, and playing into the hands of the media, but it's still not what you are invited to believe (and apparently have believed) with that video and it's title.

By all means take issue with Trump, he has the personal appeal of a frozen pea most of the time, but I personally find the manipulation by the press to be far more insidious than Trumps lack of charisma and charm.

But that is EXACTLY what he's saying! I've just watched the extended clip. He taking a pop at Biden for something that ALLEGEDLY happened. And he's boasting that he could do it better. He's also saying that he can/could do it because he is president. Last time I checked, Biden wasn't president so, in Trumpo's world, he wouldn't be able to do that. He later starts crying that he didn't get any credit (from the press) for using his own money in his original campaign...

He's also OBSESSED with the media, clearly not realising that if he didn't come out with shite like this, then there would be nothing to get so outraged about! But he clearly can't help himself, doesn't care, or just likes having a pop at them for reporting what he says!

Funny bloke.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
But that is EXACTLY what he's saying! I've just watched the extended clip. He taking a pop at Biden for something that ALLEGEDLY happened. And he's boasting that he could do it better. He's also saying that he can/could do it because he is president. Last time I checked, Biden wasn't president so, in Trumpo's world, he wouldn't be able to do that. He later starts crying that he didn't get any credit (from the press) for using his own money in his original campaign...

He's also OBSESSED with the media, clearly not realising that if he didn't come out with shite like this, then there would be nothing to get so outraged about! But he clearly can't help himself, doesn't care, or just likes having a pop at them for reporting what he says!

Funny bloke.

You don't see this as a manipulation of what he said?

In terms of being President, he was saying that people would be even more generous (in their corrupt giving) to a President.

It's still is what it is, and isn't what it isn't. It - is - him saying that Biden is corrupt, he could have chosen to act corruptly too, he'd probably be able to make more money doing it than Biden does, he gave an example of a corrupt act, and said he doesn't and won't do that because it's corruption.

It's been presented as, well infact I'll just paste the video description from the Independent's video.

You can't tell me you think that this is an honest reflection of what Trump was saying, even though he is incredibly clumsy and disjointed in how he speaks.

Independent YT description:
"Donald Trump told supporters that he could theoretically fundraise by calling on the head of energy company ExxonMobil; he suggested trading government permits for campaign donations.

Federal law prohibits such quid pro quos.

The president also claimed he could raise $1bn a day if he "wanted to" when speaking at a rally in Prescott, Arizona."

I'm not even really trying to defend Trump here, I just find the actions of the media to be incredible. People will watch that video as it's presented (it will no doubt be reported on similarly across the press and media) and form a completely warped opinion of what happened. You only have to look at the comments on YT (or on here) to see how it was taken.

I'd expect this behavior from a political PAC or a very dishonest opponent's spin operation. But not from the press. It's shameful. It's ordinary people who are being manipulated by this stuff. People probably wouldn't like Trump anyway, but the behavior of the press is unreal. It's not journalism, it's activism. Trump will go eventually, but we are going to have a press who are willing to manipulate and misrepresent long after that happens, and that is a problem.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Funny bloke.

This is Trump all over, he really does not know what he is saying and probably does not know what he means to say either ! remember back when Dubya used to trip over the odd word or short phrase and we thought he was dangerously ill-educated ? those were the days eh ? Now the US has a complete child/moron in charge who is happy to lash out without reason at anyone, anywhere in order to cling on to power.... His response to questioning on Q-Anon is a masterpiece on trying to keep them onboard but avoiding criticism of them.... the World's gone mad !

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=donald+trump+on+Q-Anon&qft=+filterui%3avideoage-lt10080&view=detail&mid=B20FF1D52047E1F6CDEBB20FF1 D52047E1F6CDEB&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3F%26q%3 Ddonald%2Btrump%2Bon%2BQ-Anon%26qft%3D%2Bfilterui%3Avid eoage-lt10080%26FORM%3DVRFLTR[/video]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
landslide is coming

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
landslide is coming

no more use for this guy.gif

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
landslide is coming

This reminds me as NSC knows a lot about stuff. Does anyone know if banal, unclever, illiterate and pointless trolling is a symptom of Long Covid? Asking for an acquaintance.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So you keep saying.

I'm not convinced. I reckon it'll be very close and I'm not sure whether the coin will land heads or tails.

Of course you are not convinced, you watch fake news. It's coming

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might be right. I clearly don't see the evidence which you watch and read.

No point in crystal balling really, we'll see in 2 weeks.

That's unlikely.

As I keep reminding posters.

In 2 weeks we may well see Big Donny T winning the 'election day' vote.

Then he'll have 2-3 weeks telling everybody he's won and if he doesn't his supporters should rise up against the fixed election.

That is until the postal votes are all counted and Sleepy Joe is declared the winner.

From that point obviously there will be a ...

...smooth transition of power.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuine question, where are you getting your information from?

I assume you must live here to actually be seeing how things are happening first hand?

If not, where is your certainty coming from?

He's feeding the troll while waiting for an opportune moment to jump back on the #PotterOut bandwagon.

No one was more upset about Jocko's goal than Spence.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
He's feeding the troll while waiting for an opportune moment to jump back on the #PotterOut bandwagon.

No one was more upset about Jocko's goal than Spence.

So, he hates watching the best football Brighton has ever played, by the best team we've ever had, and democracy. There's nowt so queer as folk.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You don't see this as a manipulation of what he said?

In terms of being President, he was saying that people would be even more generous (in their corrupt giving) to a President.

It's still is what it is, and isn't what it isn't. It - is - him saying that Biden is corrupt, he could have chosen to act corruptly too, he'd probably be able to make more money doing it than Biden does, he gave an example of a corrupt act, and said he doesn't and won't do that because it's corruption.

It's been presented as, well infact I'll just paste the video description from the Independent's video.

You can't tell me you think that this is an honest reflection of what Trump was saying, even though he is incredibly clumsy and disjointed in how he speaks.

Independent YT description:
"Donald Trump told supporters that he could theoretically fundraise by calling on the head of energy company ExxonMobil; he suggested trading government permits for campaign donations.

Federal law prohibits such quid pro quos.

The president also claimed he could raise $1bn a day if he "wanted to" when speaking at a rally in Prescott, Arizona."

I'm not even really trying to defend Trump here, I just find the actions of the media to be incredible. People will watch that video as it's presented (it will no doubt be reported on similarly across the press and media) and form a completely warped opinion of what happened. You only have to look at the comments on YT (or on here) to see how it was taken.

I'd expect this behavior from a political PAC or a very dishonest opponent's spin operation. But not from the press. It's shameful. It's ordinary people who are being manipulated by this stuff. People probably wouldn't like Trump anyway, but the behavior of the press is unreal. It's not journalism, it's activism. Trump will go eventually, but we are going to have a press who are willing to manipulate and misrepresent long after that happens, and that is a problem.

If Trump is trying to convey that he's whiter than white (probably inappropriate phrase!) why doesn't he volunteer the information about to whom he owes $400m?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here