Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What a baffling argument: that you can discount the proven racist comments because around 10% of black people support him.

I've listened closely to black people who support Trump. None of them say "Merca', guns, f*ck yeah". They are intelligent, articulate and none of them believe he is racist.

I've asked myself, "Is he racist?" and I clearly live in a world in which there is almost absolute agreement that he is. But when I think about it and examine the supposed evidence that he is, I struggle to find anything he has said which is racist. Insensitive at times, sure. Clumsy, yep. But any clear unambiguous indication that he is racist? No. Then I look at his actions, his policies, and again, doesn't seem like the actions of a racist President to me. So I end up with nothing to support the assertion that he's racist. Plenty to support the assertion that he can be obnoxious, arrogant, insensitive, rude, but racist, no I don't see it. I see more overt racism towards his black supporters than I have ever seen by his supporters or by him towards anyone else.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For a racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic President, he has a significant amount of support from women and the black, gay and trans community.

If he really was those things you suggest he is, he'd have a following comprised entirely of straight white men who are also those things. But that's not the case. Either his supporters who don't fit your narrative are all wrong, or you are?

There’ll always be a few who’d put stock market growth and low taxes ahead of absolutely anything else, whatever their race, creed or gender. A minority though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There’ll always be a few who’d put stock market growth and low taxes ahead of absolutely anything else, whatever their race, creed or gender. A minority though.

Again, you are assuming that these voters agree that he is racist and they are just Ok with it.

Not the case though is it.

Nor is it just taxes or the stock market. It's other things like not starting wars and criminal justice reform, to name just two examples, both of which incidentally are issues which have disproportionately negatively affected minorities.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've listened closely to black people who support Trump. None of them say "Merca', guns, f*ck yeah". They are intelligent, articulate and none of them believe he is racist.

I've asked myself, "Is he racist?" and I clearly live in a world in which there is almost absolute agreement that he is. But when I think about it and examine the supposed evidence that he is, I struggle to find anything he has said which is racist. Insensitive at times, sure. Clumsy, yep. But any clear unambiguous indication that he is racist? No. Then I look at his actions, his policies, and again, doesn't seem like the actions of a racist President to me. So I end up with nothing to support the assertion that he's racist. Plenty to support the assertion that he can be obnoxious, arrogant, insensitive, rude, but racist, no I don't see it. I see more overt racism towards his black supporters than I have ever seen by his supporters or by him towards anyone else.

You're obvioulsy missing the dog whistles.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

Then you're willfully ignorant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couriernewsroom.com/2020/08/12/trumps-most-racist-policies/amp/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Again, you are assuming that these voters agree that he is racist and they are just Ok with it.

Not the case though is it.

Nor is it just taxes or the stock market. It's other things like not starting wars and criminal justice reform, to name just two examples, both of which incidentally are issues which have disproportionately negatively affected minorities.

Rolling back LGBT rights, women’s rights on abortion, refusing to condemn the KKK killer of Heather Heyer until pressurised, refusing to condemn Alt Right Rittenhouse’s cowardly murders.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

This is part of the problem isn't it.

You found a news article which details all of Trumps racist policies. Unfortunately, it isn't a news article at all, it just wants to look like one so people like you will see it and assume it to be credible and objective.

Courier Newsroom is a digital for-profit media company which publishes what appear to be local pseudo-news outlets but which are actually Democratic Party propaganda efforts.[1][a][3][4] The goal of Courier Newsroom publications, according to an internal memo obtained by Vice News, "is to create shareable viral pseudo 'news content' to boost its preferred candidates."[1] According to the Center for Responsive Politics, "websites affiliated with Courier Newsroom that appear to be free-standing local news outlets are actually part of a coordinated effort with deep ties to Democratic political operatives."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courier_Newsroom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Responsive_Politics

You need to take more care about what you read and listen to (and spread around).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You found a news article which details all of Trumps racist policies. Unfortunately, it isn't a news article at all, it just wants to look like one so people like you will see it and assume it to be credible and objective.

Courier Newsroom is a digital for-profit media company which publishes what appear to be local pseudo-news outlets but which are actually Democratic Party propaganda efforts.[1][a][3][4] The goal of Courier Newsroom publications, according to an internal memo obtained by Vice News, "is to create shareable viral pseudo 'news content' to boost its preferred candidates."[1] According to the Center for Responsive Politics, "websites affiliated with Courier Newsroom that appear to be free-standing local news outlets are actually part of a coordinated effort with deep ties to Democratic political operatives."

You need to take more care about what you read and listen to (and spread around).

So which of the listed policies has Trump not implemented or sought to implement.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

Are you saying that he didn't do those policies listed?

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

Says the man who constantly shares you tube propaganda videos

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Says the man who constantly shares you tube propaganda videos

I actually only posted a videos of someone giving their opinion, and another video of a debate between both sides.

Too many people on here seem to live on a diet of biased reporting and spin.

I am not for a second suggesting that if you were more thoughtful about what you read and watched you would all be Trump supporting conservatives. But you might have a better understanding of why, despite what the world looks like from where you are standing, the outcomes of elections etc don't seem to reflect that. It's because you are living in a bit of a bubble. People you don't agree with all being racist, sexist, everythingaphobic etc, is certainly an easy way to see things, but it is far from the truth, and approaching things with that mentality should really be beneath you.

I know I'm wasting my time, but I am reminded of a quote from Richard Feynman, "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool."

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I actually only posted a videos of someone giving their opinion, and another video of a debate between both sides.

Too many people on here seem to live on a diet of biased reporting and spin.

I am not for a second suggesting that if you were more thoughtful about what you read and watched you would all be Trump supporting conservatives. But you might have a better understanding of why, despite what the world looks like from where you are standing, the outcomes of elections etc don't seem to reflect that. It's because you are living in a bit of a bubble. People you don't agree with all being racist, sexist, everythingaphobic etc, is certainly an easy way to see things, but it is far from the truth, and approaching things with that mentality should really be beneath you.

I know I'm wasting my time, but I am reminded of a quote from Richard Feynman, "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool."

There are things that are debatable, and there things that are demonstrably true/ facts. Trump's racism is the latter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another true fact is that you two aren't EVER going to agree.

So it's probably time to wipe your faces and move on.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Another true fact is that you two aren't EVER going to agree.

So it's probably time to wipe your faces and move on.

While you are, of course, correct. I would love it, if he would actually directly answer a question, rather than deflect constantly. He's worse than Boris

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here