Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
No, I don’t like white poppies. Remembrance Sunday is the British Legion’s special day. It seems disrespectful for other organisations to hijack it.

Albion poppies for both sides.

I always wear both.
Seems perfectly appropriate to remember all who have died as a result of conflict, including civilians, to remind ourselves and our leaders of the real costs. I don't see it as hijacking.

But hey ho, it has all become unnecessarily politicised.

You go ahead with whatever you feel comfortable with if Biden wins and I'll do both if Trump wins.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I always wear both.
Seems perfectly appropriate to remember all who have died as a result of conflict, including civilians, to remind ourselves and our leaders of the real costs. I don't see it as hijacking.

But hey ho, it has all become unnecessarily politicised.

You go ahead with whatever you feel comfortable with if Biden wins and I'll do both if Trump wins.

Ok. The wager is set. :smile:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've got a friend in New York who is a Biden supporter and is working one of the phone banks calling voters. She says at this point their modus operandi is

1.If they get a Trump supporter they don't even bother trying to convert them, they politely and quickly put the phone down

2. At this stage they believe there are not that many undecided voters so will not waste a lot of time trying to get them to vote for joe

3. They think their time is best spent locating Biden supporters and making sure they turn up at the polling stations and vote. Apparently Republicans, especially the evangelicals, vote like their lives depended on it, not so much with the Democrats - hence the push to get them out to the ballot boxes.

I was a bit surprised that they don't bother trying to get people to change their minds - I remember canvassers in the UK would spend a lot of time on the phone or on the doorstep trying to get you to change your mind if you were going to vote for the other candidate but very little time if you already agreed with them. I suppose it's a sad reflection of how polarised America has become and how entrenched political views are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with 50-55% turnout at elections, i can see why they'd be more concerned with getting the vote out than switching zealots.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
something I've been hearing a bit is how it's not about Trump voters voting for Trump, it's those who won't vote for the Democrats. There are those who don't like Trump at all (including many Republicans) but who don't see much appeal with Biden.

What hasn't helped has been the riots which are framed as "this is the extreme left, which is what you'll get with Biden and co". It's been acknowledged by the democrats as a position that's been hurting them.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've got a friend in New York who is a Biden supporter and is working one of the phone banks calling voters. She says at this point their modus operandi is

1.If they get a Trump supporter they don't even bother trying to convert them, they politely and quickly put the phone down

2. At this stage they believe there are not that many undecided voters so will not waste a lot of time trying to get them to vote for joe

3. They think their time is best spent locating Biden supporters and making sure they turn up at the polling stations and vote. Apparently Republicans, especially the evangelicals, vote like their lives depended on it, not so much with the Democrats - hence the push to get them out to the ballot boxes.

I was a bit surprised that they don't bother trying to get people to change their minds - I remember canvassers in the UK would spend a lot of time on the phone or on the doorstep trying to get you to change your mind if you were going to vote for the other candidate but very little time if you already agreed with them. I suppose it's a sad reflection of how polarised America has become and how entrenched political views are.

No, she's completely correct. It's not about winning voters over – there's barely anyone 'undecided', and even less people likely to flip. For the Democrats, it's all about mobilising people to vote.

This article pointed out the perils of getting this wrong the other day: "Instead of trying to win over the nearly 200,000 people who stayed home in Wisconsin in 2016, Biden has opted to center his Wisconsin campaign on about 700 people, some of whom may have never voted for a Democrat for president."

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
something I've been hearing a bit is how it's not about Trump voters voting for Trump, it's those who won't vote for the Democrats. There are those who don't like Trump at all (including many Republicans) but who don't see much appeal with Biden.

What hasn't helped has been the riots which are framed as "this is the extreme left, which is what you'll get with Biden and co". It's been acknowledged by the democrats as a position that's been hurting them.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/27/politics/trump-base-analysis/index.html

This seems to suggest something similar in that there is no point targeting the Republican support of Trump but the undecided are leaning towards Biden. Case of the lesser of two evils.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nope. I googled him and still can't work out which of the results are the person referred to. :shrug:

You should dig a little deeper my friend. He’s a rock star in the YouTube world.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
No mention of the Channel 4 news investigation in to the targeted suppression of black votes in 2016 by Cambridge Analytica and the Trump Campaign? Only asking?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Ilhan-Omars-supporters-harvested-ballots.html

Minneapolis police opens investigation into reports that Ilhan Omar's supporters illegally harvested Democrat ballots in Minnesota

Minneapolis police on Monday evening confirmed they were investigating
The police are looking in to claims of voter fraud made by Project Veritas
The media group allege that Ilhan Omar's supporters were 'ballot harvesting'
Omar Jamal, a Somali political operative, claimed those in the video back Omar
'Ballot harvesting,' or 'ballot collection,' is legal in more than half of US states
It allows third parties to collect ballots on behalf of physically-impaired voters
But Republicans have claimed that the practice is vulnerable to voter fraud
In Minnesota a third party can return only three ballot papers
Trump hopes to win key swing state of Minnesota in upcoming election

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Did anyone watch his conference last night? He monotonously read out a speech about tests and then had an Admiral, a Republican Governor, Pence and the CEO of company that made the tests stand up and say how wonderful he was and how it was all down to his leadership. Literally the MO of a dictator. Had it been Kim Jong-Un, you wouldn't have been surprised. 200000 people have died and he trots out people saying how wonderful he is. I was expecting Eammon Andrews to come out with a red book.

Oh, and he didn't take questions in case anyone asked about his taxes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Ilhan-Omars-supporters-harvested-ballots.html

Minneapolis police opens investigation into reports that Ilhan Omar's supporters illegally harvested Democrat ballots in Minnesota

'Ballot harvesting,' or 'ballot collection,' is legal in more than half of US states
It allows third parties to collect ballots on behalf of physically-impaired voters
So nothing about the Presidential election then? cheers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone watch his conference last night? He monotonously read out a speech about tests and then had an Admiral, a Republican Governor, Pence and the CEO of company that made the tests stand up and say how wonderful he was and how it was all down to his leadership. Literally the MO of a dictator. Had it been Kim Jong-Un, you wouldn't have been surprised. 200000 people have died and he trots out people saying how wonderful he is. I was expecting Eammon Andrews to come out with a red book.

Oh, and he didn't take questions in case anyone asked about his taxes.

He has given America its best economy for 50 years,

He has given America record low unemployment.

He has removed a whole raft of anti business legislation.

As for taxes, he has paid them. Nobody has seen his actual tax return.

I just heard all that from a republican spokeswoman on the radio.

Trump will walk this election.

Sadly.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He has given America its best economy for 50 years,

He has given America record low unemployment.

He has removed a whole raft of anti business legislation.

As for taxes, he has paid them. Nobody has seen his actual tax return.

I just heard all that from a republican spokeswoman on the radio.

Trump will walk this election.

Sadly.

Sadly, that is all standard election hype and lies you get everywhere. I just can't get over how he stood there talking ALL of the credit for a private company developing a test after 200000 people have died on his watch. Literally all he did was give money to a company and tell them to develop a test - like every other leader in the Western World you would imagine. If he even did do that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Imagine a whole nation of JRGs and JCFGs (well, with a majority of the latter). What chance persuading them of having a listen to the other team and maybe considering vo......? Nah!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It’s ok, mate. You really don’t need to keep doing this.

I know it feels like you do, but you don’t. It’s ok. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here