Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Seven shots in the back sums up America pretty well at the moment sadly.

it really is outrageous isn't it ....twitter and fb are buzzing with comments like "why didn't he comply" , "he was armed and had warrants out for sexual assault", " he had previous for firearms offences"......blah blah blah but surely the fact remains .....the taser failed apparently so why not shoot him in the leg/foot ...??!! 7 bullets in the back is just ridiculous......and the rioting /looting kicks off again ......what a bloody circus.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No way !

Can't believe anyone could find fault with the cuddly orange bundle of fun.
It's becoming harder and harder for people to ignore the truth. Trump will go down in history as the worst President ever. Will be a fascinating read when all his backroom staff and advisors write their books.

el punal

Polls put him in equal last place. Re-election however always provides a massive boost to a president's overall rating and so if he wins in Nov he is expected to gain in popularity (amazingly!).

Based on the assumption that Trump has a base of 30% of the American electorate - that’s, give or take, 100 million “adults” who listen to absolutely no-one apart from the Orange Blob. These people are so convinced that he’s the Messiah, that he loves ‘Murica more than anyone else, that anyone else who has different view point or talks sense is fake or a hoax, that the world in general does not exist, then God help us all if he’s re-elected. The most frightening thing is is this could happen. :eek:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Based on the assumption that Trump has a base of 30% of the American electorate - that’s, give or take, 100 million “adults” who listen to absolutely no-one apart from the Orange Blob. These people are so convinced that he’s the Messiah, that he loves ‘Murica more than anyone else, that anyone else who has different view point or talks sense is fake or a hoax, that the world in general does not exist, then God help us all if he’s re-elected. The most frightening thing is is this could happen. :eek:

I find American politics both fascinating and utterly confusing. For a nation that makes such a huge deal of their Democracy, they don't trust their Government at all.

This plays into the hands of Trump, or indeed, any other millionaire (because having a truck load of cash is a requirement) to just say they are anti-establishment and they get a huge chunk of voters onside regardless of whether they *are* anti-establishment or indeed, sane.

Add to this 100 years of Hollywood telling them that things are only good Vs bad in a black and white fashion and that, obviously, they are the good guys (both individually and collectively, even if that's a contradiction) and there must be a 'baddy'. There can't be grey or good people making bad decisions, Russians are all bad, North Koreans are all bad, Arabs are all bad, etc.

What you end up with is the dichotomy that Americans love democracy but hate their own government and only when there is a bigger 'baddy' can their government do anything right.
Tell them it's Russia and Communism, country United. Try to tell them it's China, country should unite. That's Trump's game. Give them someone in a black hat that they can hate more than their own government. Doesn't matter how. Or indeed, if it's true, just so long as people are united in hating them.

Completely flawed and self destructive, but that's America for you. A flawed country, run by a flawed government, in a flawed system, supported by a majority of flawed people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's becoming harder and harder for people to ignore the truth. Trump will go down in history as the worst President ever. Will be a fascinating read when all his backroom staff and advisors write their books.

Worse than Nixon imho. Nixon was caught and after a couple of years frantic and sly attempts to evade justice, was ousted.

Trump has spent the last 3.5 years sacking independent, apolitical investigators, prosecutors and heads of crime agencies ..... solely for personal gain, to corruptly hang on to power.

If he gets kicked out at the polls, in time his corruption and self serving wealth building will be uncovered.

That’s not to mention his wanton destruction of the planet and support for racist murderers.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
it really is outrageous isn't it ....twitter and fb are buzzing with comments like "why didn't he comply" , "he was armed and had warrants out for sexual assault", " he had previous for firearms offences"......blah blah blah but surely the fact remains .....the taser failed apparently so why not shoot him in the leg/foot ...??!! 7 bullets in the back is just ridiculous......and the rioting /looting kicks off again ......what a bloody circus.

I don't condone the shooting but have to pick you up on your, 'the taser failed apparently so why not shoot him in the leg/foot' comment. This is a ridiculous suggestion and ineffective firearm tactic. In the adrenaline fuelled moment when you have to shoot someone it is hard enough to aim for the centre body mass which is what they are trained for, it is not uncommon for even well trained firearms officers to miss several times when using handguns in such circumstances. Comments about shooting in less fatal and harder to aim at areas are always made by those with zero firearms experience. In addition you are trained to shoot to stop not shoot to hurt or shoot to possibly wound them a bit, this is an incredibly stupid tactic and if the person is armed or thought to be armed then there is every chance that they will still pose a potentially fatal threat. Finally, being shot in the back isn't necessarily an automatically dubious thing to happen, the first shot may have spun the person round, they may still be armed and running away with the gun posing a deadly threat to somebody else. And 7 shots? That doesn't seem too many if you consider more than one officer opens fire and as the firing officer you don't know if any of your shots are on target until that threat is down and neutralised. When it comes to fatal use of force with firearms unfortunately there is no one bullet only and in the foot option that simply isn't feasible. It takes a split second decision and then a further couple of seconds to loose off several rounds, its very easy to apply hindsight where you have hours to pore over every detail and reach a conclusion of excessive force but its not that straightforward.

I've only provided the above as balance to highlight some of the factors involved when police have to shoot someone, I am glad that guns are a rarity in the UK and our police are not routinely armed so they don't have these decisions to make often. The prevalence of guns in the US is why so many people are shot dead, the police over there take no chances and I don't blame them, 44 of them were shot dead in 2019 alone! That is not to mention the many dozens more run over and killed or shot/stabbed and survived. Of the 48 officers killed in criminal acts, 8 were BAME.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't condone the shooting but have to pick you up on your, 'the taser failed apparently so why not shoot him in the leg/foot' comment. This is a ridiculous suggestion and ineffective firearm tactic. In the adrenaline fuelled moment when you have to shoot someone it is hard enough to aim for the centre body mass which is what they are trained for, it is not uncommon for even well trained firearms officers to miss several times when using handguns in such circumstances. Comments about shooting in less fatal and harder to aim at areas are always made by those with zero firearms experience. In addition you are trained to shoot to stop not shoot to hurt or shoot to possibly wound them a bit, this is an incredibly stupid tactic and if the person is armed or thought to be armed then there is every chance that they will still pose a potentially fatal threat. Finally, being shot in the back isn't necessarily an automatically dubious thing to happen, the first shot may have spun the person round, they may still be armed and running away with the gun posing a deadly threat to somebody else. And 7 shots? That doesn't seem too many if you consider more than one officer opens fire and as the firing officer you don't know if any of your shots are on target until that threat is down and neutralised. When it comes to fatal use of force with firearms unfortunately there is no one bullet only and in the foot option that simply isn't feasible. It takes a split second decision and then a further couple of seconds to loose off several rounds, its very easy to apply hindsight where you have hours to pore over every detail and reach a conclusion of excessive force but its not that straightforward.

I've only provided the above as balance to highlight some of the factors involved when police have to shoot someone, I am glad that guns are a rarity in the UK and our police are not routinely armed so they don't have these decisions to make often. The prevalence of guns in the US is why so many people are shot dead, the police over there take no chances and I don't blame them, 44 of them were shot dead in 2019 alone! That is not to mention the many dozens more run over and killed or shot/stabbed and survived. Of the 48 officers killed in criminal acts, 8 were BAME.

if you had seen the footage of it i doubt you would pull me up .....the cop walked behind him to the vehicle and then pumped 7 bullets into him from about a meter away ....he had ample opportunity for a leg shot, i do agree with you though as this guy apparently had warrants out for him for violent crime , he was armed with a knife and told officers he had a gun in the car .....so its a no win situation , like i said , its a bloody circus , literally.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The CDC has changed their advice on testing. Yesterday their website said that you should get tested if you think you have been in contact with an infected person, even if you have no symptoms. Now it says that if you have no symptoms, you don't need to get a test if you have been in contact with an infected person. The suspicion is that this was ordered by Trump as it will bring down the number of positive tests, which might help his chances in the election. IF this turns out to be true, that would be shameless - but no surprise.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The CDC has changed their advice on testing. Yesterday their website said that you should get tested if you think you have been in contact with an infected person, even if you have no symptoms. Now it says that if you have no symptoms, you don't need to get a test if you have been in contact with an infected person. The suspicion is that this was ordered by Trump as it will bring down the number of positive tests, which might help his chances in the election. IF this turns out to be true, that would be shameless - but no surprise.

They have waived the 14 day isolation when arriving into the country as well.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
USA is imploding, it's sad to see. Trump is spending his time trying to bring down China, their superior technology, global patents and general advancement as a super power. All whilst the Covid deaths are off the scale and citizens are taking each other out in the streets with automatic weapons!

News alert: China has all but eradicated Covid, things are back to normal, it's business as usual.

Team America, world police lol. Get your OWN house in order USA!

Last edited:

Peter Wards Dad

Aug 16, 2020
Trumps a shoe in .... his meltdown Over Covid has been balanced by the lefts support of BLM .... Thankfully for us balance will be restored against this tide of left wing politically correct shit

larus

USA is imploding, it's sad to see. Trump is spending his time trying to bring down China, their superior technology, global patents and general advancement as a super power. All whilst the Covid deaths are off the scale and citizens are taking each other out in the streets with automatic weapons!

News alert: China has all but eradicated Covid, things are back to normal, it's business as usual.

Team America, world police lol. Get your OWN house in order USA!

Well, seeing that you’re in HK, with all of the protests against the interference from China, I think the praise for their regime and belief in their propaganda is rather odd. Maybe the HK protects are Trumps lies too.....

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Well, seeing that you’re in HK, with all of the protests against the interference from China, I think the praise for their regime and belief in their propaganda is rather odd. Maybe the HK protects are Trumps lies too.....

Most of the disdain for CCP approach came from USA and the western media, whilst all the time ignoring the problems in their own backyard. There seems to be this fallacy that 1bn+ Chinese need saving by Trump, but that couldn't be further from the truth. They see what's happening in a 'democratic' society and are happy to continue living the way they are, much like me, my friends and family.

larus

Most of the disdain for CCP approach came from USA and the western media, whilst all the time ignoring the problems in their own backyard. There seems to be this fallacy that 1bn+ Chinese need saving by Trump, but that couldn't be further from the truth. They see what's happening in a 'democratic' society and are happy to continue living the way they are, much like me, my friends and family.

OK. So all those protests we saw were imaginary. Got it.

At least in the US/UK/West we can elect our politicians and, supposedly, get a choice. Not much choice for the Muslims in China was there eh!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Wtf?! ???

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
OK. So all those protests we saw were imaginary. Got it.

At least in the US/UK/West we can elect our politicians and, supposedly, get a choice. Not much choice for the Muslims in China was there eh!

Sure, there were thousands of people that weren't happy, in a populous of 1.3 billion. These people have a choice to go to a democratic society, let's see how many take that up by the end of 2021.

With regards to the Muslims (I think you're referring to Uighurs?), they and their families haven't been bombed or sent to Guantanamo Bay. Whether it's right to take the UK/US approach and bomb innocent Iran/Iraq/Afghanistain citizens, rather than send them to re-education camps is of course, open to debate. What I can say is that China doesn't have a problem with terrorism, because of the approach they took.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trumps a shoe in .... his meltdown Over Covid has been balanced by the lefts support of BLM .... Thankfully for us balance will be restored against this tide of left wing politically correct shit

Middle America and decent folk in the US, aren’t “lefts”. The Democratic Party will be after the vote equivalent here of the centre right, liberals and ethnic minorities (within that professionals, intellectuals, entrepreneurs). People with a conscience.

Many centre right people in the UK I know, Tory voters in the main, despise racist, uncaring, planet destroying, corrupt Trump.

I’ve only ever come across one person who fell for the Make America Great rhetoric (at the expense of everything else), and he’s completely changed his mind .... embarrassed that briefly he was wooed by Trump’s baloney.

larus

Sure, there were thousands of people that weren't happy, in a populous of 1.3 billion. These people have a choice to go to a democratic society, let's see how many take that up by the end of 2021.

With regards to the Muslims (I think you're referring to Uighurs?), they and their families haven't been bombed or sent to Guantanamo Bay. Whether it's right to take the UK/US approach and bomb innocent Iran/Iraq/Afghanistain citizens, rather than send them to re-education camps is of course, open to debate. What I can say is that China doesn't have a problem with terrorism, because of the approach they took.

I think I’ll leave this here. You can’t argue with stupid/indoctrinated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here