Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How long until the intention to divorce is announced?

Nah don't see it, he can't be far away from the inevitable heart attack which finishes him off, then she's set for life.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just reading this morning that Trump is going to try to muster all the pomp and ceremony he can when he departs the White House around 7 am on the day of Biden's inauguration.

He wants a military send off from Andrews Air Force base. Selected supporter's told to be there for 7. 15 am to watch the sulking child leave office. Melania has also broken with tradition and failed to host Jill Biden for tea and a tour and introduction to the White House's private quarters.

What a charming couple. Roll on Wednesday when the adults return to the room.

As someone mentioned yesterday, she's probably not spent enough time there enough over the past four years to be able to give a decent tour of the place :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nah don't see it, he can't be far away from the inevitable heart attack which finishes him off, then she's set for life.

All she will inherit is debt and a legacy of law suits claiming on his estate.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder if he is going to leave a letter in the desk for the incoming president like the adult presidents before him, or will he do a Palace coach driver in the centre of the Oval Office

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I wonder if he is going to leave a letter in the desk for the incoming president like the adult presidents before him, or will he do a Palace coach driver in the centre of the Oval Office

Just a little present:

spring-loaded-glitter-bomb-gif.gif

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You mean like our politicians do ? :whistle:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He'll probably be having his exit interview about now. I'm sure HR will get some good feedback.

I'm also looking forward to the photo of him in the bar on his own, when no one turns up to his leaving drinks.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That is the thing, as an outsider just listening to his speeches I would need to have a lobotomy to even consider voting for him. The language he uses it that of a toddler, but millions of Americans did vote for him and are convinced that he is their saviour.

So maybe I am missing something and some how during his time as president he has actually made their lives better. I have yet to hear from a Trump supporter that does not just spout rhetoric with no substance, but I would be genuinely interested to hear from one of his supporters who could say that one of his policies has made a positive difference to their lives and explained how.

The best I can do is that for a time he did reduce unemployment figures and he did something with tax and put more money in peoples pockets.
That will always go down well in most countries especially the UK.
But everything else he has done has been off the scale lunacy.
The list is endless but I'm convinced that he has serious mental health issues, but 70 million yanks still voted for more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
https://news.sky.com/story/us-natio...-duty-due-to-far-right-links-reports-12192591

BREAKING
US National Guard troops removed from inauguration duty due to 'far right' links, reports

It's not a surprise, I think its fair to say that all volunteer armies and militia's tend to attract people who a, often already like shooting guns and b, think that "Camo" is an acceptable form of attire in almost all situations.... and they tend to be more Right Wing than sandal wearing liberals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is the thing, as an outsider just listening to his speeches I would need to have a lobotomy to even consider voting for him. The language he uses it that of a toddler, but millions of Americans did vote for him and are convinced that he is their saviour.

So maybe I am missing something and some how during his time as president he has actually made their lives better. I have yet to hear from a Trump supporter that does not just spout rhetoric with no substance, but I would be genuinely interested to hear from one of his supporters who could say that one of his policies has made a positive difference to their lives and explained how.

I too would be genuinely interested to read a balanced defence of Trumps virtues and successes from a literate and reasoned correspondent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The best I can do is that for a time he did reduce unemployment figures and he did something with tax and put more money in peoples pockets.
The list is endless but I'm convinced that he has serious mental health issues, but 70 million yanks still voted for more.

If someone does nothing about something, and that thing heads in a better rather than worse direction, that doesn't mean they can take legitimate credit for it.

It is easy for suporters of anyone to cherry pick issues in this way. Just by chance you'd expect 50% of things to improve and 50% to get worse if you were to stand back and let things carry on as they were. Did Mr Tony reduce unemployment? Did Maggie increase it? Not too sure about the former but the latter was a sustained and relentless change that mapped to a plan to unsettle the long term unionized employed so, yes, the PM was the cause of the effect. Unemployment was already heading in a better direction at the arse end of Major's reign so Mr Tony's impact on this is debatable. Untangling policy and strategy from outcome isn't always easy.

However, I am very confident that Trump was, and is, an absolute prick, and entirely unfit to be president. I could explain, but....

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Well I can see if he reduced unemployment and people think that was due to his policies then I could understand that. If you had been unemployed for a while and something he did means that you know have a job and some security then that is a completely sane reason to vote for him, especially if you believe it can be undone by the opposition. 70 million people though. I guess some of those may not like Trump but are republicans and vote that way whoever the leader is. I do believe you have to live somewhere to get the full picture.

I am not surprised they are scared or suspicious of the outside world. I remember when I was working in Canada I flicked on to a USA news channel in the morning and they had a ticker tape thing going a long the bottom of the screen like you see on sky ports news, but it had the terrorist threat level for the day.Why do that? Seriously what are you supposed to do with that information? It can’t help.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Regarding his mentality, I wouldn’t say illness. Instead the personality disorder of extreme narcissism. Resulting in cruelty, lacking any empathy, bullying, almost rejoicing in the pain or death of anyone considered an opponent, revelling in divisions he’s exacerbated in society, a liar.

Cut of the same cloth as Himmler.

But unluckily for Trump he lives in a democracy, which has booted him out of office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here