Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica shirts allowed for final home games 1901 goers

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The club have confirmed for hopefully ! the last 2 home games of the season.

I've always thought walking around with a replica team shirt on a bit silly at my age ( late 30's ) but think I'll buy one just for the next couple of games,

Are you ready H lounge ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The club have confirmed for hopefully ! the last 2 home games of the season.

I've always thought walking around with a replica team shirt on a bit silly at my age ( late 30's ) but think I'll buy one just for the next couple of games,

Are you ready H lounge ?

It's only silly if you want it to be. I'll wear them until the day I die personally.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Asking the whole of the city and the county to go all blue and white, and then retaining a rule that a few thousand of your owns fans in your own stadium for your own matches can't would look a bit silly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I (pretty much) never wear a replica shirt to a game.

Think the last two times have been the Millenium Stadium and 'retro day' v Doncaster at Withers.

Tempted to join in this time though. Will PONDER.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I (pretty much) never wear a replica shirt to a game.

Think the last two times have been the Millenium Stadium and 'retro day' v Doncaster at Withers.

Tempted to join in this time though. Will PONDER.

Ditto. I have a couple of replica shirts that I only ever wore to play football in. May just dig them out and see how beach-ball like I look. Six months of running due to injury has not been kind to my figure!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I shall be digging out the original Skint shirt for Monday.

Not in 1901 I hasten to add (inverted snob, moi?).

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I don't wear colours to a match. Only for playing football in.. 1901 has stupid rules - shoes but no collar. I didn't realise no football shirts was another - at a football match Ffs!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't wear colours to a match. Only for playing football in.. 1901 has stupid rules - shoes but no collar. I didn't realise no football shirts was another - at a football match Ffs!

100% wrong.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don't agree at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
100% wrong.

100% wrong for me is the daft collared shirts thing in 1901.
For the Burton game - about minus 3-5 degrees - I saw a man clearly in his 80's asked to remove his thick jacket, hat, well muffled scarf, etc etc to reveal no collar on his shirt.
Politely told to go to the club shop and buy one. This really angered me - a poor shape elderly gentleman treated without common sense on a freezing night. And no free warm tea either.
Now because it's a party we can neatly sideline that rule. Oh, and the no trainers rule has already been forgotten. Dopey - BHafc

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Asking the whole of the city and the county to go all blue and white, and then retaining a rule that a few thousand of your owns fans in your own stadium for your own matches can't would look a bit silly.

Town, please. Town.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Does this mean that CH will now forgo the white shirt, tie, jumper and jacket and instead stand in the technical area clothed in blue and white albeit with a bib on ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I'd imagine in every football ground in the country there are rules about replica shirts not being worn in the 'Club' and corporate areas. Likewise for shoes. At some grounds in these areas even jeans aren't allowed, it's not really new, in fact it's been going on for years.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm tempted.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd imagine in every football ground in the country there are rules about replica shirts not being worn in the 'Club' and corporate areas. Likewise for shoes. At some grounds in these areas even jeans aren't allowed, it's not really new, in fact it's been going on for years.

And the moaning about it has been going on for years as well. Anyone would think people were forced to join club/corporate areas.

PS feel free to swing by for a glass of bubbly if the Wigan result is favourable.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I were rich enough to be a 1901 elite I would wear what I damn well liked.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

As long as it involves a collar and doesn't involve flip-flops or tatty jeans.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Screw that. If I paid that much for that service why should I not wear whatever I wanted?
I never understand the mentality of the rich? Is it just to make them feel more important than the rest of us? Or so they can visually identify them from us?

Personally I can't understand the mentality of any middle-aged man who would voluntarily wear a nylon replica shirt, tatty jeans and flip-flops. But each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here