Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how big are MASSIVE Wednesday?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is that on Broad Street?

I did live on Broad Street once. No bugger clubs. A lot of noise on weekends though. The Star is quite a nice pub.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed. I think it is a pretty decent statement, and could imagine Tony Bloom putting out much the same, in Chasiri's position.

We don't really have a neighbouring club though. I guess congratulations to Whitehawk on their relegation may be a bit untoward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chansiri knows he bought the wrong club :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can see why a lot of football fans will be outraged by a statement like that. But, at a time where the country – let alone a town, city or community – is divided on all sorts of issues, I think it's actually quite a classy touch.
True enough, but I wouldn't be happy if that was us congratulating the scum. I know we're not the same city, but the principle is the same - I'd still be too annoyed to want to read something like that, and I'd get the feeling that our owner didn't understand.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imagine if Palace put out something similar after beating Cardiff on Saturday, congratulating us on another year in the Premier League.

:lol:

But Brighton and Croydon aren't even in the same COUNTY, let alone the same city...

Plus, they'd probably struggle to find anyone at CP who was fully literate to write it, etc, etc, etc

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Norwich Ipswich.

Not exactly unusual.

Yes, but matey was making the point about it being a whole 'city' thing. There's a SWFC and Leeds rivalry, but I doubt MASSIVE will churn out the same thing if Dirty win the play-offs.

Both Wednesday and United are within the Top 20 of clubs with the most seasons in the top division; we're a lowly 50th (ignoring the positioning error in the link...)

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

Edit: also ignoring the error in the link title - it does give data up to the current season.
That's bizarre, compiling a list of consecutive seasons completed and then only including current Premier League clubs! Coventry would be pretty high up I'd imagine

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rock bottom Massive lost at home again, this time to little Luton.

DC58D01D-A589-4EFA-8B28-F2A6E9B5904A.png

If only they’d won that 2016 play off final, so cruel.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's certainly cheering up Sheffield United fans after their disastrous start to the season.
3c19b5c3fa07f4175ab8d31ec787f1bb.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here