Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Windows 10 Update.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I closed my computer down this morning, and it downloaded some updates. Turned it back on an hour ago, and it's only just finished installing said updates. Just a heads up if you need to use your computer in a bit of a hurry. I don't know if everyone gets these updates round about the same time or day as everyone else, but thought I'd let people know that your computer will be out of action for quite a while whilst this installation takes place.

Jan 30, 2008
i closed my computer down this morning, and it downloaded some updates. Turned it back on an hour ago, and it's only just finished installing said updates. Just a heads up if you need to use your computer in a bit of a hurry. I don't know if everyone gets these updates round about the same time or day as everyone else, but thought i'd let people know that your computer will be out of action for quite a while whilst this installation takes place.
keep up at the back :facepalm:
regards
DR

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I closed my computer down this morning, and it downloaded some updates. Turned it back on an hour ago, and it's only just finished installing said updates. Just a heads up if you need to use your computer in a bit of a hurry. I don't know if everyone gets these updates round about the same time or day as everyone else, but thought I'd let people know that your computer will be out of action for quite a while whilst this installation takes place.

Windows 10 does seem to do a pretty major update every other day. Major pain in the ars*, for seemingly little gain. They do seem to be making it up as they go along. Oh well.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Windows 10 does seem to do a pretty major update every other day. Major pain in the ars*, for seemingly little gain. They do seem to be making it up as they go along. Oh well.

This one to me seemed like it was installing the whole operating system again. "Your computer will restart several times" etc.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I had an update last week which took about 3 hours to load. Yesterday I had to restore back to pre upgrade, which seems to be a regular occurrence for me on windows 10.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This one to me seemed like it was installing the whole operating system again. "Your computer will restart several times" etc.

I had that about a week ago but luckily it happened when I was going to turn off to go to bed so just left it switched on and it did it overnight as I had left it connected to the charger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here