Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Halloween, so what's your favourite horror movie?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mine is the original of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

This film was banned shortly after its release because of the horrifying violence. More than forty years on, 'Leatherface', with his chain saw is enough to give anyone nightmares. The house of horror where they're eating human body parts and terrorising the girl still makes the film very disturbing and one of the best ever made. The dead body of Grandpa trying to kill Sally with a hammer after he's brought back to life by drinking blood can't ever be beaten for terror IMO.

So what's the most petrified you've ever been watching a horror movie?

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sadly probably still Salem's Lot. There are so many bad horror films out there that the competition isn't great.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CARRIE. Never before or since seen an entire audience leap out of their seats at the final scene. Opening shower sequence is none too shabby either... :wink:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Has to be The Shining.

Not really much into movies especially horror but as soon as there was any snowfall my Ma would invite me to watch it with her especially in the last few years of her life. Now sadly passed away five years next month.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tumblr_n4cgwuL8uh1qaqx8xo2_500.gif

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
House of 1000 Corpses or The Devils Rejects are up there for me, although not traditional horror, more of a gore/violence fest.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I guess Albion vs Norwich must've been quite scary for a Bristol City fan to watch.

I remember seeing Fatal Attraction as a child. That was bloody scary. In my infant mind, I thought she was a witch. I had nightmares where where she would take me away from my mum. Glen Close still scares the f*ck out of me. I haven't watched the film since either.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Salem's Lot was shown in two parts on ITV in around 1990. I was absolutely cacking it, as a horror-hungry 15 year old.
Prior to that, I recall being rather chilled by the Cat and the Canary (1939).
The ones that spring to mind now though are The Innocents and Who Could Kill a Child. Not recent fare, but pant-stainingly haunting stuff.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Never been a fan of the horror genre but '28 Days Later' and in actual fact it's sequel '28 Weeks Later' as well, are the exceptions. Awesome soundtracks too including these 2 belters:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here