Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I'm in the wine business and we are all very excited that from the 19th September we will be able to sell wine in pints.

The fact that no-one intends to do this and it would be very costly to do so is neither here nor there. We could if we wanted to.

We will also be allowed to make and sell Piquette, a practice that had been banned by our evil European overlords. Most people in the trade were unaware of this ban as they had never heard of Piquette. Now that the end of this egregious ban has been highlighted, that no-one seems to be interested in making or selling it is again irrelevant. They could if they wanted to.

A cynical person might say that they government is un-banning things that will make absolutely no difference to anyone in order to claim spurious advantages from Brexit or as Minister for Enterprise, Markets and Small Business Kevin Hollinrake said, “Our exit from the EU was all about moments just like this, where we can seize new opportunities and provide a real boost to our great British wineries and further growing the economy,” but that would surely be unfair.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
One real bugger since Brexit has been traveling around Europe. We have unquestionably had far longer delays at airports waiting for passport control than ever before which is a real nuisance especially with the grand children in tow.

A year ago I also required a new car wing after a small prang, and the part was manufactured in the EU. Usually it takes 1 week for parts to arrive in the UK but since Brexit.....I had to wait 6 weeks whilst it sat in Dover to be inspected and certified before being allowed to be delivered to the garage to be put on my car.

There are just so many more barriers now with our nearest trading partners I just cannot see any real benefits.

The only real positive is that Farrage said he would leave the UK if Brexit was a disaster - hopefully soon he will honour his promise and leave.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me (as a remainer) it's the fall of the value of the £, making exports cheaper, my company making more money (paying more tax) and employing more people.

Of course, there's more paperwork/hassle involved now and I'd rather be in the EU (especially hate the 90/180 rule) but there are benefits.

I still think we'll rejoin the Single Market (possibly in Starmer's second term)
Points taken - though we import more than we export, so for every one person winning on cheaper exports there will be someone else losing / going out of business re dearer imports.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People who voted Leave are responsible for tens of thousands of small British businesses that are going to go out of business.

Well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here