Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now remind me, what exactly is this BREXIT ?

We honestly still don't know in detail, but whatever it is, it will be brilliant because we clearly have a first class Government doing the deal, or not doing the deal as it may turn out yet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Now remind me, what exactly is this BREXIT ?

I believe in olden times it stood for BR (Britain) EXIT (Exiting) its membership of the European Union.

I understand it is the thing that Boris promised he would finally get done at the last election and indeed delivered. We are no longer members.

A small clique people on NSC are still livid the people finally got what they voted for on the ballot paper 4 years ago( to no longer be members of the EU).
Some really really triggered crackpots have even convinced themselves the people still havnt got what they voted for 4 years ago (to no longer be members of the EU) and are still claiming the people are going to find out at a future date if what they voted for 4 years ago in 2016 has happened or not, even though normal people already know that what was voted for in 2016(to no longer be members of the EU) has already happened.

The small clique of NSC whiners(remoaners) are not representative of the wider community of NSC users who didn’t want to Leave the EU who whilst not wanting to Leave the EU respected the democratic vote to Leave and accepted because of the vote result we should indeed Leave.(Remainers)

Im sure one of these useful idiots will be along at some point to confirm my hypothesis and indeed be saying something along the lines of “ not too long now to find out if you got what you voted for 4 years ago”

Some people are thick as mince like that.

Anyway,.... i went off on a tangent.

Boris got it done(ending membership) as promised

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe in olden times it stood for BR (Britain) EXIT (Exiting) its membership of the European Union.

I understand it is the thing that Boris promised he would finally get done at the last election and indeed delivered. We are no longer members.

A small clique people on NSC are still livid the people finally got what they voted for on the ballot paper 4 years ago( to no longer be members of the EU).
Some really really triggered crackpots have even convinced themselves the people still havnt got what they voted for 4 years ago (to no longer be members of the EU) and are still claiming the people are going to find out at a future date if what they voted for 4 years ago in 2016 has happened or not, even though normal people already know that what was voted for in 2016(to no longer be members of the EU) has already happened.

The small clique of NSC whiners(remoaners) are not representative of the wider community of NSC users who didn’t want to Leave the EU who whilst not wanting to Leave the EU respected the democratic vote to Leave and accepted because of the vote result we should indeed Leave.(Remainers)

Im sure one of these useful idiots will be along at some point to confirm my hypothesis and indeed be saying something along the lines of “ not too long now to find out if you got what you voted for 4 years ago”

If you are happy that Brexit is done, would you mind a long extension to the status quo relationship with the EU?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Cant be too hard to work out even for an undemocratic loon like you.
I hadn’t been on The Cummings Thread despite WZ saying I was all over it.
I replied to point it out that I had not been all over The Cummings Thread at all, i hadnt even posted on it.
For that reply i opened the first page of The Cummings Thread to copy the link address at the top (im guessing there are other methods of doing this but this way works best for me)
I couldn’t even tell you what the first post was as I didn’t read it.
Would you like a press conference to explain it to you at length?

Please drink responsibly.

What are you blathering on about? I understood exactly what you were saying and indeed was admiring your technique. But in the meantime, bingo, as well as your court room semantics we now have an old-tyme blast of Pasta name-calling sarcasm. Such fun.

Turning out nice again today.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You should have said early on that all you wanted was a piece of signed paper, with us to continuing to pay into the EU, being governed by their rules and regulations, freedom of movement and using all their trading agreements and deals as before and I would have been in complete agreement.

You always gave the impression that you didn't want any of those things, from the way you argued so eloquently against them.

So we are both very happy now. Let's hope no idiot goes and f**** it up by trying to change that with no preparation :lolol:

UK falling short of post-Brexit target for customs agents, warns industry

The National Audit Office has estimated that 145,000 UK businesses could need to complete customs formalities for the first time from next January, leading to an additional 200m customs declarations a year.

In his letter, Mr Keen warned MPs that it took “at least a year” to train a customs agent to handle “routine inquiries” given the complexity of the forms. But with just six months to go until the new customs regime comes into force, concerns are now growing across the haulage industry about the levels of preparedness.

https://www.ft.com/content/be64c437-3ef2-4290-bf30-4cd3a97aa870

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What are you blathering on about? I understood exactly what you were saying and indeed was admiring your technique. But in the meantime, bingo, as well as your court room semantics we now have an old-tyme blast of Pasta name-calling sarcasm. Such fun.

Turning out nice again today.

A bit like a whore with a fag in one hand and an ice cube in the other, our friend Pasta blows hot and cold.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You just conjured up a vision of Nigel Farage for me there. Do you know if Pasta wears red trousers too?

I wouldn't care to speculate on Pasta's trousers...………….

But you do raise an interesting point. We'll never get to meet most of the other folk on NSC. We could have an image of what they'd be like but we'll never get to know. So for example, a guy that you cross swords with regularly on NSC might turn out to be the very same person who sits next to you in the North Stand and whose banter you appreciate. Ppf might turn out to be a 30 year old hipster. Maybe someone else on here is actually your neighbour or even shagging your missus? We'll never know...…………

However, I have met some of the lads who are regulars on the NSC Runners thread. As that is a non-political thread and everyone is extremely supportive anyway, I'm pleased to say that they are a very good bunch. Maybe we should organise a Brexit thread 5-a-side with Leavers v Remainers? We might find new, if unlikely, friends for life! (Seriously, one of my very best mates - and a bloody Millwall supporter - is rampantly pro-Brexit and we've sort of stayed mates as long as we avoid a certain subject.)

On second thoughts, perhaps this is not one of my better ideas. I think any referee would find it too challenging a game to officiate!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So bringing the thread away from Pasta bashing and Cummings ( like there isn't already enough threads about Cummings ) and back on topic. I discover today the EU have banned yet another product - menthol cigarettes - as of last week. Rightly or wrongly Mrs W enjoys the odd Mayfair Green - maybe a pack a month. Nothing excessive. Yet now she will move to the stronger ones ( or as the case is actually going to be, me buying them off the black market ). Yet again another example of the EU banning stuff without thinking of the consequences - and quite what business of theirs was it anyway.. The quicker we're completely out the better.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So bringing the thread away from Pasta bashing and Cummings ( like there isn't already enough threads about Cummings ) and back on topic. I discover today the EU have banned yet another product - menthol cigarettes - as of last week. Rightly or wrongly Mrs W enjoys the odd Mayfair Green - maybe a pack a month. Nothing excessive. Yet now she will move to the stronger ones ( or as the case is actually going to be, me buying them off the black market ). Yet again another example of the EU banning stuff without thinking of the consequences - and quite what business of theirs was it anyway.. The quicker we're completely out the better.

Wow - evil EU stops people from killing themselves. You respond by supporting organised crime. Nice.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Wow - evil EU stops people from killing themselves. You respond by supporting organised crime. Nice.

Then ban smoking full stop - not just one product that was a very small percentage of the market and was one of the least dangerous versions. Smoking kills. Alcohol kills. Cars kill. Knives kill. Let's ban all these things. Banning things just pushes it underground - maybe the EU should learn it's history - 1920's America anyone ? And if people want to kill themselves so what ? Persuade people to stop.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Do you not think the UK would've banned menthol fags anyway? Our duty on a pack of standard fags is the 2nd highest in the EU after Ireland and about 2x as much as most EU countries.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Do you not think the UK would've banned menthol fags anyway? Our duty on a pack of standard fags is the 2nd highest in the EU after Ireland and about 2x as much as most EU countries.

I doubt it given UK governments tend to be more for citizens freedoms and choices and also, as you point out, our government makes a large amount of tax revenue from them.

Jan 30, 2008
don't let a trade deal get in the way we left in Jan, i don't agree with us stalling on a 12 month trade deal negotiation
but hey ho we had nearly four years of stalling from the undemocratic loons:rolleyes:
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here