Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Parliament has to get behind this to reunite the country, it's a win-win surely even liberals would not risk taking a good spanking by the Brexit Party at a GA.

Boris, May, just have saved blood on the streets of London on Saturday.

I may have been premature on that one, there is always a first.

The lib Dems and the SNP are extremists and will vote against this deal,
as you say Lib Dems in for a reality check at the next GE
Regards
DF

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Junker has just explicitly ruled out an extension.

There will be no extension.

We might be forced to ask for one, but according to Junker, the EU will say no.

Pretty confident he would give one if it was for something specific like a GE or a People’s Vote. No point extending for the sake of it, all agreed on that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BREAKING - Confirmed that MPs have won a bid for a 2nd ref vote. 287 to 275.

Surely the fact they won this vote would suggest they finally have the numbers for it to pass?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've had a Peoples vote ,the vote was to leave
Regards
DF

About 200 years ago. On a Brexit deal that didn’t yet exist, and we STILL don’t know why version of Brexit was being voted for.

Which way will you vote in the 2nd ref?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have always thought that Brexit negotiations would work like Transfer Deadline Day.... no deal until the last minute when the parties realise that they are not going to get anything more , so they agree to it.

This seems good news, although we don’t know the details..... it is all down to Saturday now. They would be daft to reject it, but a lot of MPs are daft

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Junker was just asked by a journo 3 times, in multiple ways, and answered 3 times. No extension.

Given the next action would be an election/ref I would think they would agree to one to allow.

I believe they made the same comments before.

At this stage I think we can all agree nobody knows.....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Pretty confident he would give one if it was for something specific like a GE or a People’s Vote. No point extending for the sake of it, all agreed on that.

No chance of Parliament agreeing to a 2nd ref.

No chance of a GE being triggered now. Can you imagine the irony of remain MP's desperately clamouring for a GE now that they view it as being in their interests, having voted one down 3 times in the last few weeks. They also said, not until we get an extension. Well if they need an extension before agreeing to a GE, and they need a GE in order to justify an extension, they are stuck aren't they.

It seems to me that this is now over.

MP's will vote against no deal in the only way they have left to do that. With a vote for this deal.

At least that's the only way I can see this going now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have always thought that Brexit negotiations would work like Transfer Deadline Day.... no deal until the last minute when the parties realise that they are not going to get anything more , so they agree to it.

This seems good news, although we don’t know the details..... it is all down to Saturday now. They would be daft to reject it, but a lot of MPs are daft

It will likely be approved subject to a PV being attached - that way Labour don't get seen as the bad guys "stopping" Brexit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The EU won't say no to an extension though - that's been said time and time again,

The BBC just reported on their 'Breaking News' that Junker has stated there will be no extension.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No chance of a GE being triggered now. Can you imagine the irony of remain MP's desperately clamouring for a GE now that they view it as being in their interests, having voted one down 3 times in the last few weeks. They also said, not until we get an extension. Well if they need an extension before agreeing to a GE, and they need a GE in order to justify an extension, they are stuck aren't they.

It seems to me that this is now over.

MP's will vote against no deal in the only way they have left to do that. With a vote for this deal.

At least that's the only way I can see this going now.

Interesting view of what you think is going to happen. If I remember, maybe we should revisit this post same time next week ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

:facepalm:

They literally just voted YES to allow a vote on a 2nd referendum, based on Johnson's deal being the one put forward.

287 to 275.

Also, bear in mind that 2nd ref only narrowly lost in the indicative votes months ago (just checked, it was by only 12 votes), and the swing of momentum has clearly only gone in one way since then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That is not strictly true. He came close in South Thanet, and there were accusations that electoral fraud had robbed him.

Well, he would say that wouldn't he ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
BREAKING - Confirmed that MPs have won a bid for a 2nd ref vote. 287 to 275.

Surely the fact they won this vote would suggest they finally have the numbers for it to pass?
They are not really going to kick the hornets' nest are they ?

The country has had enough division and propaganda from malign foreign actors.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:facepalm:

They literally just voted YES to allow a vote on a 2nd referendum, based on Johnson's deal being the one put forward.

287 to 275.

Also, bear in mind that 2nd ref only narrowly lost in the indicative votes months ago (just checked, it was by only 12 votes), and the swing of momentum has clearly only gone in one way since then.

Doesn't make a lot of difference if the reports of the EU saying no to an extension are true.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Interesting view of what you think is going to happen. If I remember, maybe we should revisit this post same time next week ???

Well how do you see it going?

Remain MP's demand a GE is agreed to before an extension, the opposite of what they have said all along?

Remain MP's show outrage that the gov won't agree to an election, when offered one 3 times and turned it down?

Boris loses VoC after just securing a deal with the EU, and if that were to happen he agrees to GE before when?

Parliament vote for a 2nd ref, which has never had a majority, which would change nothing, and would snatch away certainty for everyone and recovering confidence just when it was achieved? When more people in the country oppose a 2nd vote than support it, and everyone is sick to death of this and can see the end in sight?

None of those things seem believable to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here