Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1184353017048502272[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think Titanic used to post this sort of stuff, every fortnight or so we would see Con +3.... Lab - 2 really odd because although the Tories always gained 2-3 percentage points every time these polls were published they strangely never got near the North Korean levels of approval despite never slipping back down in a poll?

Interesting Corbyn is lagging Johnson in the 18-24 age bracket. The Glastonbury effect seems to have worn off. That said, they control when we have an election...

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
The post was about character (being a criminal, i.e. of poor character), you made it about nationality.

So what's the difference between an Albanian thief and a British thief; their behaviour is the same, presumably their character (whatever that might be) is the same (i.e. poor). The difference is nationality, and it's a difference that wasn't introduced by me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So what's the difference between an Albanian thief and a British thief; their behaviour is the same, presumably their character (whatever that might be) is the same (i.e. poor). The difference is nationality, and it's a difference that wasn't introduced by me.

No there is another difference, which was the entire point. A British thief is our responsibility. An Albanian thief, for example, isn't and shouldn't be.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No there is another difference, which was the entire point. A British thief is our responsibility. An Albanian thief, for example, isn't and shouldn't be.

That's a weirdly parochial point of view. I take it you support Anne Sacoolas scuttling back to the US to avoid punishment for her alleged criminal actions in the UK?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's a weirdly parochial point of view. I take it you support Anne Sacoolas scuttling back to the US to avoid punishment for her alleged criminal actions in the UK?

Quite, I think some of here just argue for the sake of it....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

No, because she commited her crime here, and should face justice here.

We are talking about people who are known criminals before they come here, and have a record in their own or another country.

I find it hard to believe that wasn't obvious, stop being obtuse.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone think a deal will be agreed between the UK and the EU (are the latest talks both sides not wanting to be seen to refuse to try). If so do you think that deal will be voted for in the HoC by the 19th?

Even if a UK/EU deal is approved parliament then having only two days to reviee/scrutinise that deal seems far to rushed to me :shrug:

The devil will be in the detail and if Labour votes are needed those Labour MPs will want to understand exactly what kind of Tory deal they are voting for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, because she commited her crime here, and should face justice here.

We are talking about people who are known criminals before they come here, and have a record in their own or another country.

I find it hard to believe that wasn't obvious, stop being obtuse.

How is an Albanian 'known thief' affected by whether the UK is in the EU or not?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
How is an Albanian 'known thief' affected by whether the UK is in the EU or not?

Well we are talking about a hypothetical Albanian because that was the example given (by someone else). Not the best example since Albania is currently a candidate for accession.

While we are in the EU, if someone is an EU citizen and has a criminal record we can't simply decline them the right to come here.

We should be able to do that, and we will be able to once we have left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here