Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The new costs of import checks plus the extra costs of the 10% rise in National Minimum Wage could well send inflation back up again.

Anyway, the border check costs are all things us Remainers knew would happen 8 years ago. The question is not so much why have we got extra costs, but where are the Brexit benefits that outweigh these costs?

Are there really people out there who are prepared to put up with higher prices, higher taxes, strikes and longer NHS wait times just because they now have a blue passport and are not being told what to do by Brussels?
My “blue” passport is black to all intents and purposes….. and I preferred the maroon one anyway.

but I quite agree that all this was predictable.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Seems like I’m on my NSC lonesome then :(.

Von der Leyen and a few others were not representative. German political and business leaders, as well as the Dutch, Poles and all Nordic nations had and have a huge respect for us on every level. It’s mutual.

Staying optimistic.
Oh no you’re not……. On your lonesome, that is.

I’d seriously consider voting for anyone who advocated rejoining or developing a closer relationship.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There was an awful lot of support for Brexit on these boards that has been replaced by silence.

I guess that silence is a clear and loud response to it all.

I wonder what emotions are being felt by the out voters. I admit to being fairly fence about the whole thing until a day or two after the vote and it became clear that no one has even the slightest plan about how it was going to work (my only excuse is that I didn't really have a dog in the race or a vote).

Even with my lack of vote and fence sitting I feel angry and betrayed at those that promised so much and also ashamed and disappointed in myself for not seeing it for what is was more clearly and assuming that there was some kind of alternate plan for prosperity.

I guess from the tumble weeds across NSC the overriding emotion is shame.

What a f*** up.
They'll all gone from NSC.

A lot of people don't want to talk about Brexit, its a taboo subject. I think many from outside are not aware of how much division it created, in my own family there was massive tension and resentment.

But it is the elephant in the room, in politics even the Lib Dems don't want to really talk about it. What we're seeing is the British stiff upper lip, get on with it, mustn't grumble.

But we're poorer, we're weaker and have less influence in the world. How much longer can it be ignored?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

A lot of people don't want to talk about Brexit, its a taboo subject. I think many from outside are not aware of how much division it created, in my own family there was massive tension and resentment.

But it is the elephant in the room, in politics even the Lib Dems don't want to really talk about it. What we're seeing is the British stiff upper lip, get on with it, mustn't grumble.

But we're poorer, we're weaker and have less influence in the world. How much longer can it be ignored?
Not gone from NSC. Just bored of this remoaner obsession years after the referendum. Blaming everything on Brexit to suit their agenda might make people feel better but its ridiculous. We've had the pandemic and a pathetic Government amongst other things. No doubt when Labour wreck the economy even more over the next 5 years that will all be due to Brexit too!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

They aren't all gone, they're on the Tory Meltdown thread. I suspect most Brexiters see it as "done", and all the problems we're seeing in this country are unrelated to Brexit and down to wokeness, migrants and Sadiq Khan.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
There was an awful lot of support for Brexit on these boards that has been replaced by silence.

I guess that silence is a clear and loud response to it all.

I wonder what emotions are being felt by the out voters. I admit to being fairly fence about the whole thing until a day or two after the vote and it became clear that no one has even the slightest plan about how it was going to work (my only excuse is that I didn't really have a dog in the race or a vote).

Even with my lack of vote and fence sitting I feel angry and betrayed at those that promised so much and also ashamed and disappointed in myself for not seeing it for what is was more clearly and assuming that there was some kind of alternate plan for prosperity.

I guess from the tumble weeds across NSC the overriding emotion is shame.

What a f*** up.
You are right, where are MouldyBoots, Footie Genius, Pastafarian etc when you need their viewpoint as opposed to when you were sick of reading the same tropes?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not gone from NSC. Just bored of this remoaner obsession years after the referendum. Blaming everything on Brexit to suit their agenda might make people feel better but its ridiculous. We've had the pandemic and a pathetic Government amongst other things. No doubt when Labour wreck the economy even more over the next 5 years that will all be due to Brexit too!

This pathetic Government will be the one who got elected primarily on the basis of 'getting Brexit done' :lolol:

It's obviously passed you by that the reason this thread has been bounced is because inflation is about to be hit yet again because of the new Brexit import rules bought in yesterday. It's these continual cost of living blows to people trying to live on a budget rather than some 'remoaner obsession' that causes the anger.

Or maybe you're trying to claim that the new import infrastructure, staffing, IT and other costs and the associated increases in costs of imports are nothing to do with Brexit :dunce:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That's another false statement. Whatever you say, the Brexit lobby made huge claims to get people to vote out that they either could not deliver or had no intention of doing so. It may be boring for you to see mendacity called out after such a long time, but the fact that it happens restores my faith in the integrity and honesty of the majority of this country. Karma knows where you live.....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So you are calling it a success then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You are right, where are MouldyBoots, Footie Genius, Pastafarian etc when you need their viewpoint as opposed to when you were sick of reading the same tropes?
Didn't most of them end up getting banned because they couldn't help themselves from acting like dickheads?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
For those clamouring for a return to the EU, I present to you......Hungary.

You really want to join a political and trading union whose members include a Russian vassal state which has previously blocked E50bn of aid to Ukraine and opposes Ukraine's proposed membership of the EU? Fair enough but it's not for me. If the EU kicks Hungary out (as I believe it should) then I might have a rethink.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remember that "pathetic government" was the Vote Leave government. But lies always catch up in the end.

They lied to us all in 2016 and then felt empowered by their 2019 majority, sadly their epic fail has been bad for all of us. We're all remoaners now

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For those clamouring for a return to the EU, I present to you......Hungary.

You really want to join a political and trading union whose members include a Russian vassal state which has previously blocked E50bn of aid to Ukraine and opposes Ukraine's proposed membership of the EU? Fair enough but it's not for me. If the EU kicks Hungary out (as I believe it should) then I might have a rethink.
Just wait until you hear about what goes on in the UN Security Council…

Hungary also blocked Sweden / Finland joining NATO for a long time, should we have left NATO?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here