Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Shhhhh! in 50 years time the benefits will start rolling in and we will look back on our self inflicted sanctions and penalties to our trade as worth it.... only 50 odd years remember .

We were only in the common market which morphed into the EU without any public consultation for 40 odd years how did we ever cope before that :facepalm:

Regards

DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We were only in the common market which morphed into the EU without any public consultation for 40 odd years how did we ever cope before that :facepalm:

Regards

DF

There's a good reason for that. They don't consulte the public with difficult political decisions because most people don't understand the political complexities, in the same way we don't have direct democracy on any home issues, we only vote in elections and those elected make the difficult decisions. Public referendums show people can make bad decisions as they don't understand the facts and consequences, and can be easily manipulated.

Jan 30, 2008
There's a good reason for that. They don't consulte the public with difficult political decisions because most people don't understand the political complexities, in the same way we don't have direct democracy on any home issues, we only vote in elections and those elected make the difficult decisions. Public referendums show people can make bad decisions as they don't understand the facts and consequences, and can be easily manipulated.

Go back to sleep , the common agricultural policy was not the EU

Regards
DF

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Only the terminally gullible would take haw haw Heaver seriously....

Michael Heaver: Another useful idiot

Every so often, the Farage Jugend movement is relaunched with a new chairman, which brings us to one Micheal Heaver, a London-based student.

Heaver maintains his own blog - something that the not yet quite fully educated should avoid doing, as this can come back to haunt them when they grow up. Heaver uses his blog to espouse his federalist sentiments, coming out in support of the EU's regionalisation policy. "Lets radically cut the number of British MPs in Westminster and have fully federal system..."

Heaver's call for the number of Westminster MPs to be cut echoes his Fuhrer's own wishes: In February 2008, Farage also called for a radical cut in the number of MPs, "because more laws were being made in Europe."

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION], you've found your way over here.

Let's start the discussion with a simple one. What did you think was going to happen in Northern Ireland when you voted for Brexit and what do you think of the current NIP ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Happy for the thread to be back on topic. The quote you highlighted was just me saying I was happy to keep answering points made in 2016 but that doesn’t mean I want to keep justifying my decision back then. It’s done.

My goodness, I wouldn't ask you to keep justifying a decision made back then. This is about how we take the results of your decision forward. So what do you think is the answer to the unimplementable NIP and was this what you expected or did you think there would be a different solution ?

After all Brexit is done and it's in all our interests to now find solutions to the issues caused to move Britain forward, I'm sure you agree :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
My goodness, I wouldn't ask you to keep justifying a decision made back then. This is about how we take the results of your decision forward. So what do you think is the answer to the unimplementable NIP and was this what you expected or did you think there would be a different solution ?

After all Brexit is done and it's in all our interests to now find solutions to the issues caused to move Britain forward, I'm sure you agree :thumbsup:

Indeed! Let's all shuffle a few inches more to the edge of the cliff...............:lol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Indeed! Let's all shuffle a few inches more to the edge of the cliff...............[emoji38]
Quoting someone who claimed they had no interest in asking people to justify their political choices shortly after they post asking someone to justify their political choices... nicely done [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quoting someone who claimed they had no interest in asking people to justify their political choices shortly after they post asking someone to justify their political choices... nicely done [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What is your proposed solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol that you campaigned and voted for and have now decided that you don't want and is unimplementable :dunce:

forrest-gump-running.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here