Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nige will be pleased with the most recent European election poll ...

Screenshot-2019-05-11-17.36.50.png

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1127250825859014656

If that’s accurate, it doesn’t surprise me one bit. Look at the lies Leavers fell for last time. Of course they will fall for it again.

If these are accurate it primarily shows that the will of the people is clearly not for a 'no deal brexit'.

If they can only muster up 20/30% and parties wanting a deal, or to ideally not leave at all, the rest then the vast and overriding will of the people is not for no deal.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The upcoming European elections as far as this country is concerned is Referendum 2 (lite) and regretfully the Brexit Party will be the biggest party on the night with most seats which should put to bed, any notion that people had changed their minds, it might even calm things down as some of the more vociferous remainers accept defeat and get on with the lives or move to the continent.

Wishful thinking, the only time vociferous remainers/lib dems/undemocratic loons will accept a democratic result being enacted is when they get their way. Dangerous extremists who are fuelling division, driving people towards political extremes and fatally undermining democracy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The upcoming European elections as far as this country is concerned is Referendum 2 (lite) and regretfully the Brexit Party will be the biggest party on the night with most seats which should put to bed, any notion that people had changed their minds, it might even calm things down as some of the more vociferous remainers accept defeat and get on with the lives or move to the continent.

Absolute nonsense. It's a meaningless election and those elected are likely to have a mandate for about 4 months. With summer holidays they won't even get to sit at their desks let alone change anything.

As stated by plenty of others the Brexit Party is a protest organisation and nothing else. But let's say the opinion poll figures play out that means 34% of people in this country feel strongly enough about it and 66% don't. Two thirds of the country doesn't give a toss about Nige and his tantrum. If that translated in to a second referndum we'd be staying in and that's why Farage and his cronies are having one last desperate hurrah.

In elections where people had to actually elect someone who'd be in office for four years the Remain parties gained ground all over the country and UKIP got dicked. And as for the Tories they were losing safe seats all over the gaff......

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As I said before, I don't link local elections to the Brexit issue - I still voted Tory locally. Elections for the body we want to actually leave are completely different.

In fairness, I wasn't asking about your personal voting habits. I asked why in essence 900 of the 1300 seats lost by the Tories went to stridently anti-Brexit parties.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Absolute nonsense. It's a meaningless election and those elected are likely to have a mandate for about 4 months. With summer holidays they won't even get to sit at their desks let alone change anything.

As stated by plenty of others the Brexit Party is a protest organisation and nothing else. But let's say the opinion poll figures play out that means 34% of people in this country feel strongly enough about it and 66% don't. Two thirds of the country doesn't give a toss about Nige and his tantrum. If that translated in to a second referndum we'd be staying in and that's why Farage and his cronies are having one last desperate hurrah.

In elections where people had to actually elect someone who'd be in office for four years the Remain parties gained ground all over the country and UKIP got dicked. And as for the Tories they were losing safe seats all over the gaff......

You didn’t need to go to the trouble of typing all of this, I get it, you won’t ever agree with anything anyone says unless it fits into your way of thinking and that’s ok by me [emoji106]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
To an extent, of course. What are your thoughts on the fact that of the 1300 seats lost by the Tories in the local elections 900 of them went to parties with strong anti-Brexit positions?

Local Lib Dems do a good job,and have very little to do with the Parliamentary types.In fact,it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Cable leads what little remains at Westminster into total oblivion,while local councillor numbers increase.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If these are accurate it primarily shows that the will of the people is clearly not for a 'no deal brexit'.

If they can only muster up 20/30% and parties wanting a deal, or to ideally not leave at all, the rest then the vast and overriding will of the people is not for no deal.

You’re correct. However, it will be nauseating to see a 35-40% vote for the combined BP and UKIP vote spun as a ‘clear mandate’ for no-deal Brexit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Farage just copying his best mate Trump.
'Change politics for good' because everyone is pissed off with politics.
It's his version of ' make America great again'.
And just like in the USA all the lemmings are following him.
But apart from winning in the European Elections due to a massive protest vote regarding Brexit, how is the knob head going to change politics for good.
Is he going to run in the next general election, will they win it, is he going to be Prime Minister?
He is tapping into the stupidity and ignorance of the public again, and seems to be doing quite well, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Farage just copying his best mate Trump.
'Change politics for good' because everyone is pissed off with politics.
It's his version of ' make America great again'.
And just like in the USA all the lemmings are following him.
But apart from winning in the European Elections due to a massive protest vote regarding Brexit, how is the knob head going to change politics for good.
Is he going to run in the next general election, will they win it, is he going to be Prime Minister?
He is tapping into the stupidity and ignorance of the public again, and seems to be doing quite well, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest

He won't run as an MP, he's been parachuted in 6 or 7 times to what appears prime UKIP ( now Brexit Party ) turf and always the electorate has seen him for the one trick pony that he is, he won't risk the ridicule again.

As for the stupidity and ignorance, I always remember the vox pop of a middle aged woman from Essex... " We've had enough of blinkin foreigners comin over ere with their blinkin Human Rights, what about my Human Rights ? " ….. Tragically, this lady thought that Human Rights didn't apply to her !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Video advisory: 'far right'/nazi content may upset some delicate souls, inducing bedwetting and mild hysteria amongst 'progressives', Lib Dems, plastic class warrior types.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You should also note the HUGE donations to the Tory Party from those in The Sunday Times Rich List, rich people are shameless about how they stay rich !

Its the Brexit elite deceit pretending to be a friend of the working man, but in reality their only objective to just line their own pockets.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Now, on the Andrew Marr Show, arch liar 'Nige' Farage accuses other politicians of lying. You couldn't make it up!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html

Saw the interview. TBH I had a little bit of sympathy (a first for me) with Farage's frustration with Marr's interview style but he (NF) did let slip that a no-deal Brexit would result in some disruption which he compared to 'moving house'! I'd have thought that being evicted with no place to go to would have been a more accurate comparison.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Into doing what ?

Agreeing a Customs Union

or

Agreeing May's 'deal'

or

Investing tens of Billions into starting to build Customs posts, Lorry parks, IT infrastructure, building and testing systems, recruiting staff to allow us to operationally run a 'no deal' Brexit ? (totally ignoring any political or economic impact)

What is it you are trying to 'scare' the two main parties into :shrug:

I am guessing that you can see the irony in voting in MEPs who don't turn up, don't fight for Britain's interests, don't participate, and then whining that Britain's interests don't get properly represented in the EU :facepalm:

Bloody hell ..... it's like Groundhog Day with you around !

Hopefully we won't keep seeing your stupidity around OFCOM rules though ..... although I'm not overly confident.

As for who I'm voting for - it matters not who we send to the EU parliament regardless if they engage with it or not. The overiding thing is that some form of Brexit is enacted and at the moment, in these elections, there is only one single party that will force the issue. So be it if they don't turn up to the EU parliament.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1127870473281449985[/TWEET]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bloody hell ..... it's like Groundhog Day with you around !

Hopefully we won't keep seeing your stupidity around OFCOM rules though ..... although I'm not overly confident.

As for who I'm voting for - it matters not who we send to the EU parliament regardless if they engage with it or not. The overiding thing is that some form of Brexit is enacted and at the moment, in these elections, there is only one single party that will force the issue. So be it if they don't turn up to the EU parliament.

Calm down. I simply asked what you thought that voting for Nigel Farage to be an MEP in the European Parliament, would scare the British Parliament into doing, which you don't seem to have answered ?

UKIP forced the referendum .... it's about scaring the two main parties.

If you don't know, just say so :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Calm down. I simply asked what you thought that voting for Nigel Farage to be an MEP in the European Parliament, would scare the British Parliament into doing, which you don't seem to have answered ?

If you don't know, just say so :shrug:
he'll rattle a few cages there's no doubt about that ,LEAVE MEANS LEAVE no point in denying it
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here