Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I was wondering if any one on here would be stupid enough to try and justify the Nazis comparison, we have a winner ...

If Brexiters don't want to be labelled as Nazis they should do more to call out Nazi-like behaviour within their community.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its 2019. How about don't be a polluting ******** of a company?

I take it you've asked Mummy and Daddy to turn off the central heating and that you charge whatever device you use to access NSC via solar power ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed, they broke up political meetings held by opponents and intimidated opposition supporters

That's why the likes of Farage and his threats of violence against those who oppose him are so reminiscent of those times.
Although I don't think there's any danger of that sort of thing, it does indeed highlight how inappropriate it is for him to talk of violence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Brexiters don't want to be labelled as Nazis they should do more to call out Nazi-like behaviour within their community.
That's ridiculous.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes, as long as it isn't done in temper and only as a last resort. There are many forms of punishment like the naughty step, time out, withdrawal of games etc. Just one example, my son kept trying to put his finger in an electric socket (this was 1970s when there were different types of sockets) and I tried everything, moving furniture, telling him no, moving him etc. I was almost scared to turn my back. In the end, I smacked his hand. It worked.

I do think there are lazy parents, who keep saying things like Don't do that, but don't do anything to stop the child doing that.
On the way home on Saturday, on the top deck of the bus, three mothers with five children allowing them to run up and down the bus, playing on the stairs whilst the bus is moving, and the mothers doing nothing about it. I'm surprised the driver didn't stop the bus to say something.

You agree with smacking children ? Wow !!!! What a nice person you are.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So unless you are completely 100% clean you can not have an opinion on massive polluting companies? Bullshit.
We all need to do out bit, source our power in the cleanest way possible, recycle, don't buy or use carse unless required etc.

We've had this discussion before Plooks and when you accused older generations of being the cause of pollution I pointed out that the younger generations are as bad. You then ran away.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's ridiculous.

I prefer facetious.

Although that said I believe the below all stand up as arguments;

[TWEET]1117720645528371200[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117479669840973824[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117708200013385729[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117736448625655810[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117694844753858561[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117429863521116160[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117418446936006656[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1117657938926211074[/TWEET]

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That is because you statement blatantly false.

Despite the evidence from CityClean that the worst recyclers in the city are ..... students ? The social grouping that use the most electricity are ..... teenagers ( probably because they don't pay the bill ). Yep, blatantly false. You keep denying your a polluter Plooks.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am sceptical but show me the study. Anyway its not using electricity that is nad is it.
Still waiting for your brexit concesus...

Sigh ..... I'll explain yet again, just for you, that I was part of a citizens 'board' put together to work with CityClean on the future of waste management. They provided clear evidence that the households that recycle the least, or provide the most contaminated recycling, are student households. To the point that they employ TWO full time members of staff to try and manage the student waste at the two unis. Remember that students don't pay council tax so that's MY tax paying for those two people because students are too lazy to recycle properly. I can't provide the evidence because it was given to me as a member of the 'board' and in paper format which I didn't keep ( I recycled it ! ). I'm sure if you phone or email CityClean they will provide it to you.

As for electricity use ..... you just suggested we should stop companies such as British Coal ..... how do you think that electricty is 'made' ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I know very well how electricity is made. There a numerous clean(er) ways of making than coal. We should have stopped using coal decades ago.
Come on...when are you deciding on what brexit you lot want?

And as before, you avoid the point completely. When are you going to admit your are a polluter too ?

As for Brexit, as things stand - I'd take no deal if it meant we got out of the EU.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Accusing younger generations of being to blame for pollution is like blaming the heroin addicted baby for its addiction.
We are trying to change, but when we try to push new laws through they get laughed at and rejected by the older rich elite (see the green new deal for example).
As for brexit, that may be you but when will you all reach a concesus? It is getting very tiring to hear you all squabble.

What a load of bollocks. You ARE as responsible as every other generation. You use central heating, you use electricity, you use the roads, some of you drive, you use plastic, you use planes ( now you're going to tell me you've never flown ! ) - EVERY generation is responsible and to abdicate your own responsibility is stupid.

As for Brexit - what do you propose I personally do ? I voted leave, I'm prepared to accept a no deal. What EXACTLY am I meant to do to achieve this ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If Remainers want their concerns about Brexit taken seriously they should do more to distance themselves from people who make such absurd comparisons.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Yes, as long as it isn't done in temper and only as a last resort. There are many forms of punishment like the naughty step, time out, withdrawal of games etc. Just one example, my son kept trying to put his finger in an electric socket (this was 1970s when there were different types of sockets) and I tried everything, moving furniture, telling him no, moving him etc. I was almost scared to turn my back. In the end, I smacked his hand. It worked.

I do think there are lazy parents, who keep saying things like Don't do that, but don't do anything to stop the child doing that.
On the way home on Saturday, on the top deck of the bus, three mothers with five children allowing them to run up and down the bus, playing on the stairs whilst the bus is moving, and the mothers doing nothing about it. I'm surprised the driver didn't stop the bus to say something.

I know this is the Brexit thread, but I would like to say I agree with you points.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking at Farage's chosen attire in a packed out, heaving Shoreham on the campaign trail, he reminds me of that old episode of 'Minder' where Arthur Daley stood as a candidate in a local election.

[tweet]1117819961261600771[/tweet]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Meanwhile back in the real world the biggest factor driving people towards the political extremes is ignoring democratic results so anyone advocating that course of action is a facilitator of (and recruiter for) the far right .... well done David Lammy and you.

download.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Remainers want their concerns about Brexit taken seriously they should do more to distance themselves from people who make such absurd comparisons.

Which fascist political groups from history would you deem are an acceptable comparison?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looking at Farage's chosen attire in a packed out, heaving Shoreham on the campaign trail, he reminds me of that old episode of 'Minder' where Arthur Daley stood as a candidate in a local election.

[tweet]1117819961261600771[/tweet]
Thought the toad-faced one was trying to rock the Raymond Reddington look.

Raymond_Reddington.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here