Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Despite some ridicule from some on here, I've always supported a united Ireland. It's strange that NI doesn't want to be treated differently but then defends it's laws and processes that are different from mainland UK. For example, they have stone age laws around abortion and gay rights. They still pay rates which include their water rather than move to council tax. So they're happy to be different when it suits them. Besides, they voted remain so surely effectively staying in the EU would honour their wish ? On top of that, I recently watched a Stacey Dooley report about NI. I was utterly gob- smacked at the racist and bigoted actions and views on the Unionists. The Republications came across as fairly level headed and open to compromise. To be frank I think the UK would be better off without the Unionists.

Scotland will go their own way if we leave the EU regardless of how we leave. I suspect they'll still eventually go their own way even if we don't leave.

Go and say all that in a nice pub with Union flags outside and pictures of the Queen behind the bar in East Belfast with your English accent. Nationalist or Unionist - there's nothing they love more than someone from southern England who knows best. :thumbsup:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Whilst compiling this impressive list of stats, have you totted up how many times Jezza has used the words 'crash out of Europe' when speaking about No Deal? Impact scaremongering at its peak.

Yeah youre right. A no deal Brexit would be a seamless transition to a land of candied rainbows, and unicorns.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Be interesting if Boris blinks and goes for the NI only back stop, it might be his only choice. This incidentally was rumored to be the original Boris Plan A.

As being discussed on the news I'd forgotten that the EU will instantly say yes as it's already been drafted.

Would that get through Parliament if:

- Boris allows the rebels back in
- The DUP will definitely say no, but the ERG vote with the Government (some members are leaning towards it)
- A number of Labour MPs feel enough is enough

My current 'most likely' prediction. Most of the rebels would vote for it anyway so having a couple of dozen backers from the benches opposite might be enough to offset the ERG Spartans. The SNP would like the precedent it would create. The Conservative and Unionist Party would have to change its name though.

Jan 30, 2008
I want it ratified by the public, we now all know what Brexit is now. Its not what the snake oil salesman promised in 2016

Final deal v Remain, if we don't the country will be divided forever.

That final deal will probably be no deal, perhaps with Rory Stewart a safe Brexit may have been secured but that moment was lost in favour of narrow English nationalism

Nationalism ? Maybe leavers and remainers have had enough of the stalling, there comes a point when you have to stand your ground which BG is doing , what you call call Nationalism many would call Democracy you're entitled to your opinion though
Regards
DF

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If the UK breaks up Brexit voters are completely responsible. Don't try and kid yourself it would have happened anyway.

It's amazing how many leave voters have become English nationalists/Scottish independence supporters/Irish unification proponents. Brexit at any price sure, but they weren't these things 5 years ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Go and say all that in a nice pub with Union flags outside and pictures of the Queen behind the bar in East Belfast with your English accent. Nationalist or Unionist - there's nothing they love more than someone from southern England who knows best. :thumbsup:

Its further evidence of English exceptionalism and ignorance when it comes to the NI situation.

Some think that drawing a line in the Irish sea will be a happy ending for all, it will not....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nationalism ? Maybe leavers and remainers have had enough of the stalling, there comes a point when you have to stand your ground which BG is doing , what you call call Nationalism many would call Democracy you're entitled to your opinion though
Regards
DF

Is that the same version of democracy that shuts down parliament for 5 weeks to avoid scrutiny, your taking back control is in tatters....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Its further evidence of English exceptionalism and ignorance when it comes to the NI situation.

Some think that drawing a line in the Irish sea will be a happy ending for all, it will not....

No it certainly will not. It's always been the primal fear of the Unionist community since partitioning - betrayal by the English.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Firstly I haven't said I know best - I've provided my POV on Unionists wanting their cake and eating it. Equally I've provided my POV on how racist, homophobic and quite frankly unpleasant they come across as. I have zero intention of visiting NI so I think I'm safe. So, tell me, was your reply posted drunk or sober ? I ask as it's increasingly difficult to tell with your posts.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Never said it would be. Simply think using the word 'crash' repeatedly 14,000 times just for effect is a little weak for someone aspiring to lead the nation. :shrug:

Well, If youre aspiring to lead the nation, I would have thought being truthful would be beneficiary.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-wedding-Guildford-Four-member-Paul-Hill.html
Corbyn and McDonnell, two of the most dangerous men in this country and they are looking to gain power.

Madness to let these guys in.

A vote for them is a vote for terrorism.

Which situation is more likely to see a return of Irish Republican terrorism, Boris Johnsons No Deal, or Corbyns suggestion of single market and customs union involvement that means an open border in Northern Ireland causes no problems?

No Deal is a vote for terrorism, it not only is most likely way to inflame Irish Republican Terrorists, but also reduce our co operation cross border with EU countries on Islamist Terrorists.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hilarious. They are fighting the police, because the police wont let them attack the pro-EU people. No other reason.
They took and broke a toddlers EU flag the day before yesterday.
Revolutionaries.

1 million march on parliament in March and there's barely an arrest

A few angry little Englanders rock up and its like a clip from the Millwall firms YouTube channel...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you want Brexit stopped ??
Regards
DF
What is the point in you asking this question? Don't pretend you're anything other than so narrow-minded that you've already decided that that is what all remainers want.

Well I'll tell you now that a Brexit leaving us inside the customs union (thus protecting the GFA and thousands of jobs wedded to seamless transition back and forth open borders) would be regrettable but tolerable to someone like me. In fact I've said on here dozens of times but simpletons like you don't want to listen and are absolutely convinced the Commons is only interested in stopping Brexit rather than a ridiculously damaging no deal Brexit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Which situation is more likely to see a return of Irish Republican terrorism, Boris Johnsons No Deal, or Corbyns suggestion of single market and customs union involvement that means an open border in Northern Ireland causes no problems?

No Deal is a vote for terrorism, it not only is most likely way to inflame Irish Republican Terrorists, but also reduce our co operation cross border with EU countries on Islamist Terrorists.

But but but DUTY FREE!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Firstly I haven't said I know best - I've provided my POV on Unionists wanting their cake and eating it. Equally I've provided my POV on how racist, homophobic and quite frankly unpleasant they come across as. I have zero intention of visiting NI so I think I'm safe. So, tell me, was your reply posted drunk or sober ? I ask as it's increasingly difficult to tell with your posts.

No - You're just being typically English and making sweeping generalisations about the Unionist community and your fellow British citizens and failing to emapthise on what centuries of sectarian division do to society.

Yes - we've got 3 legal jurisdictions in our united, happy, family of nations. TV's Roy Walker couldn't marry Eammon Holmes if they felt that why inclined in Belfast and if Police Scotland charge you with something, you might end up as not proven in court, for example.

(Totally sober Westdene. Not working this week, so I lived the la vida loca and did something I never do and drank on a Monday night. Nothing now until pre-match Burnley on Saturday though and if Paul Barber doesn't want my cash, there's plenty of pubs that do.)

D

Deleted member 22389

Hilarious. They are fighting the police, because the police wont let them attack the pro-EU people. No other reason.
They took and broke a toddlers EU flag the day before yesterday.
Revolutionaries.

Both groups are as bad as each other. There are no winners here.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Both groups are as bad as each other. There are no winners here.

No, they are not as bad as each other at all. What have you seen from pro EU people there that makes you think that exactly? Feel free to share anything you have.
These are the same thugs that want criminals released (Yaxley-Lennon) because they are stupid, and that they just want to fight somebody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here